Author Topic: Trouble in Memphis?  (Read 3978 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Trouble in Memphis?
« on: January 26, 2023, 08:23:34 AM »
I caught this story this morning. Apparently a (non-shooting) death of a subject who was chased down by cops. There seem to be racial overtones, though it appears all the cops were black too. The article tells me absolutely nothing besides the warning of the usual violence.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nichols-video-police-chief-warns-memphis-violently-body-cam-footage-release
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Trouble in Memphis?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:28:56 AM »
. There seem to be racial overtones, though it appears all the cops were black too. The article tells me absolutely nothing besides the warning of the usual violence.

The officers were all black.
The police chief is black.
The  mayor is bl.... err white., Got our racist connection.

Possibility he died from drugs he swallowed to hide them?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 08:33:45 AM »
Two personnel from the Memphis Fire Department have also been fired, and an internal investigation has been launched.

Article doesn't why they were fired
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »
Don't look good for the officers involved

Memphis man Tyre Nichols, who died three days after a 'violent' traffic stop, suffered 'extensive bleeding caused by a severe beating,' according to preliminary results of an autopsy commissioned by attorneys for his family.

Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn Davis said in an address on Wednesday that the incident showed a ‘disregard for basic human rights’ noting that police officers are under oath to ‘do the opposite’ of what took place in the video.

Way the article describes the video footage it sounds like a scared kid.

FedEx worker Tyre Nichols who died after a 'violent' traffic stop had 'extensive bleeding caused by a severe beating', autopsy reveals as police chief brands attack a 'disregard of basic human rights'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11679237/FedEx-worker-Tyre-Nichols-29-extensive-bleeding-caused-severe-beating-autopsy-reveals.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 10:26:30 AM »
Was the kid gay or something?  But just being a smartass can result in extralegal punishment, Terry said, adding "...I guess..."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 01:41:57 PM »
Those 5 officers were arrested today and charged with second-degree murder along with other charges.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tyre-nichols-case-5-former-memphis-police-officers-charged-second-degree-murder

The video will be released soon and it sounds like it will be ugly.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 02:01:48 PM »
Was the kid gay or something?  But just being a smartass can result in extralegal punishment, Terry said, adding "...I guess..."
He took them on a foot chase.  That might do it as well.  On the other hand, some past videos I have seen, the suspects can sometimes put up a hell of a fight to prevent themselves being handcuffed. 

Authorities transported Nichols to St. Francis Hospital in critical condition, and he died three days later on Jan. 10, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

In a joint statement issued Tuesday night from lawyers Ben Crump and Antonio Romanucci, they said following an independent autopsy on Nichols’ body carried out by a "highly regarded, nationally renowned forensic pathologist," preliminary findings indicated that "Tyre suffered extensive bleeding caused by a severe beating."

He survived for 3 days.  I assume the video will show something and I assume the hospital will have records of the condition he was in when he showed up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 03:53:24 PM »
....and Ben Crump shows up again
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 04:08:07 PM »
....and Ben Crump shows up again

He smells money
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 04:11:13 PM »
Time for the cognitive disconnect.
Five black men jailed.

One black man killed by the police

Justice for Tyre!

Free the Memphis five!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2023, 04:25:32 PM »
Just because the officers were black doesn’t mean they aren’t violent ultra maga white supremisists promoting institutional systemic racism.
C’mon man.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2023, 09:18:43 PM »
Just because the officers were black doesn’t mean they aren’t violent ultra maga white supremisists promoting institutional systemic racism.
C’mon man.

They all probably self-identify as white.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 03:03:02 AM »
George Floyd II
Riots and looting in liberal urban centers across the country.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 03:42:33 AM »
Sounded a little like pack behavior.

I recall the case of Abner Louima in New York in 1966.  (At that point in time I was in Colorado but still paid attention to New York happenings, mainly through one of my nieces.)

Tough reading, get ready with a waterproof wastebasket:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abner_Louima

That case seemed to have certain similarities except Mr. Louima survived.  I wonder what evidence will turn up here.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:10:28 AM by 230RN »

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 09:01:17 AM »
It’s inevitable.  BLM and Antifa look for excuses to destroy communities, whether it’s one of their own committing a crime or not.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 09:02:54 AM »
It’s inevitable.  BLM and Antifa look for excuses to destroy and extort communities, whether it’s one of their own committing a crime or not.

FIFY
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 09:07:34 AM »
Video is suppose to be released today.

Tonight could get interesting.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
The left consistently has canned stories ready to go - hence, the guy was killed by cops who were supporting the white nationalists...

And... It doesn't matter that the cops were black, because a LOT of the folks will completely ignore that, because there has as of late been more and more tendency to stick with the initial story, regardless of what is revealed.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 12:07:37 PM »
Free the Memphis 5!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 01:26:32 PM »
I saw a snippet of the Memphis police chief saying that the video to be released is worse than the Rodney King video.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2023, 01:30:28 PM »
I saw a snippet of the Memphis police chief saying that the video to be released is worse than the Rodney King video.

Which could mean we'll see something worse than the Reginald Denny video.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 02:27:18 PM »
America on edge: Protests are planned nationwide over Tyre Nichols bodycam video - as Georgia Gov. Kemp activates 1,000 National Guard troops, district cancels all after-school activities and security is ramped up at Capitol Hill
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11684537/Calls-calm-protests-planned-nationwide-Tyre-Nichols-bodycam-video.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 03:54:18 PM »
C’mon man.
Maybe its not so much a race issue as it is a police issue.
>t. Cptn. Obvious
7-11 was a part time job.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 04:08:04 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2023, 04:12:20 PM »
C’mon man.

No matter the police officer's race they're doing the white man's bidding.
- Calvin and Hobbes