Author Topic: Drones target Iranian weapons factory in central city of Isfahan  (Read 457 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Attack appears to fit a pattern of strikes against strategic sites that have been attributed to Israel
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/29/drone-attack-hits-iran-ammunition-factory-reports

A series of powerful explosions have damaged an Iranian government weapons factory in the central city of Isfahan, according to witnesses and footage from the scene, in what officials said was a coordinated drone attack.

Just another isolated outbreak of violence.   [tinfoil]    According to Iran, it caused little or not damage.   [tinfoil]

Some video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDw0phG-2V8
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Drones target Iranian weapons factory in central city of Isfahan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 09:48:18 AM »
The Iranians have been shipping weapons and drones to the Russians in support of their war in Ukraine. Got to factor that in.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 11:20:59 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 09:57:16 AM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/29/drone-attack-hits-iran-ammunition-factory-reports

Catch this bit below the article about the author?
She is standing strong against the attacks of the right.

The year is 2033. Elon Musk is no longer one of the richest people in the world, having haemorrhaged away his fortune trying to make Twitter profitable. Which, alas, hasn’t worked out too well: only 420 people are left on the platform. Everyone else was banned for not laughing at Musk’s increasingly desperate jokes.

In other news, Pete Davidson is now dating Martha Stewart. Donald Trump is still threatening to run for president. And British tabloids are still churning out 100 articles a day about whether Meghan Markle eating lunch is an outrageous snub to the royal family.

Obviously I have no idea what the world is going to look like in a decade. But here’s one prediction I feel very confident making: without a free and fearless press the future will be bleak. Without independent journalism, democracy is doomed. Without journalists who hold power to account, the future will be entirely shaped by the whims and wants of the 1%.

A lot of the 1% are not big fans of the Guardian, by the way. Donald Trump once praised a Montana congressman who body-slammed a Guardian reporter. Musk, meanwhile, has described the Guardian, as “the most insufferable newspaper on planet Earth.” I’m not sure there is any greater compliment.

I am proud to write for the Guardian. But ethics can be expensive. Not having a paywall means that the Guardian has to regularly ask our readers to chip in. If you are able, please do consider supporting us. Only with your help can we continue to get on Elon Musk’s nerves.

Arwa Mahdawi

Columnist, Guardian US
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 10:34:35 AM »
I picked that article from a bunch.  Lots of other choices that say about the same thing. 

Catch this bit below the article about the author?
She is standing strong against the attacks of the right.

"Without journalists who hold power to account, the future will be entirely shaped by the whims and wants of the 1%."

Blind propaganda.  Journalists haven't held power to account for decades if they ever did.  They generally are just a tool owned by various power factions. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 11:11:41 AM »
Used to be journalists tried to hide their political leanings. Now if the article didn't make it clear enough they put bios below that makes it abundantly clear.
- Calvin and Hobbes