Author Topic: ''Existential Absurdity" is When a Person Claims a Given State of Affairs Like  (Read 3046 times)

Bosco1

"Existential Absurdity" is When a Person Claims a Given State of Affairs, e.g., "Law", as the Reason for Action/Inaction
Police; prosecutorial officers; judges; citizens, all think they can be determined in their actions/inactions "by law".
There is a basis in twentieth century existential ontological rationale regarding how a human act originates, which overthrows the common notion that "law" is determinative of human action and inaction.
Human action/inaction happens only on the basis of the nothing which is the intended, not yet realized, future, of a particular intended project of a particular human being.  Hence, anyone making the claim that existing written "law" is an originative/determinative agent of his or her action/inaction, is mistaken.

zxcvbob

• friend
This looks exactly like what you posted in the other thread that was locked.  You may have tightened up the language a bit; it's a little less unintelligible (that's good.)

What is your quest?  Are you here for a discussion, (which seems to have previously run its course), or are you hear to preach?  In either case, this topic seems exhausted already.

"It's good, though..."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend

Police; prosecutorial officers; judges; citizens, all think they can be determined in their actions/inactions "by law".

*Citation Needed.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Sartre has his eye on you

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
Sartre has his eye on you

That would require an afterlife, which I'm pretty sure would invalidate most of his writing, so I kinda hope he does.  Pretty chilly in Hel though.

WLJ

• friends
That would require an afterlife, which I'm pretty sure would invalidate most of his writing, so I kinda hope he does.  Pretty chilly in Hel though.

This will probably blow a certain person's mind but it looks like he had a change of heart at the end.

According to Pierre Victor (a.k.a. Benny Levy), who spent much of his time with the dying Sartre and interviewed him on several of his views, Sartre had a drastic change of mind about the existence of god and started gravitating toward Messianic Judaism. This is Sartre's before-death profession, according to Pierre Victor: "I do not feel that I am the product of chance, a speck of dust in the universe, but someone who was expected, prepared, prefigured. In short, a being whom only a Creator could put here; and this idea of a creating hand refers to god."[90] Simone de Beauvoir later revealed her anger at his change of mind by stating, "How should one explain this senile act of a turncoat? All my friends, all the Sartreans, and the editorial team of Les Temps Modernes supported me in my consternation."
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
I'm told that's common when, at the edge of the dark, you notice the abyss looking back.

WLJ

• friends
Besides the joke had more to do with his eyes. He's got that Marty Feldman thing going.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bosco1

This looks exactly like what you posted in the other thread that was locked.  You may have tightened up the language a bit; it's a little less unintelligible (that's good.)

What is your quest?  Are you here for a discussion, (which seems to have previously run its course), or are you hear to preach?  In either case, this topic seems exhausted already.
I am without excuse or justification for my being present! Here I am introducing a new phrase, i.e., "existential absurdity". I simply enjoy writing responces. It is actually an infinitely rich subject and nowhere near exhaustion; if people here can be kind and open-minded test subjects...

WLJ

• friends
Test subjects  :O
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
I am without excuse or justification for my being present! Here I am introducing a new phrase, i.e., "existential absurdity". I simply enjoy writing responces. It is actually an infinitely rich subject and nowhere near exhaustion; if people here can be kind and open-minded test subjects...

Now I can't tell if you are a bot or an idiot.  Most bots can spell correctly, but most idiots don't try to use words they don't how to define.

вы русский

你来自中国吗
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
So what's your response to Sartre apparently having a change of heart before he died?
If you're as you have indicated on this forum and many others a follower of Sartre shouldn't you follow Sartre?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bosco1

So what's your response to Sartre apparently having a change of heart before he died?
If you're as you have indicated on this forum and many others a follower of Sartre shouldn't you follow Sartre?
Sartre was absolutely free to express his feeling regarding a creator! Which does not undo his theory of the originative mode of human action.
If you saw another treatise of mine which a member posted on the locked thread, I speak of a creator...

WLJ

• friends
So you're just picking and choosing parts that you like.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bosco1

So you're just picking and choosing parts that you like.
I have not studied everything Sartre ever wrote! ''Being and Nothingness''; ''Search for a Method"; "The Imagination" are the few texts which I have long studied. What of Sartre have you perused?

WLJ

• friends
Took enough of a look to know it was discredited decades ago. If it really ever had any credit that is.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons

The original tractor picture is more of a reconstructive indication of Sartre's true desires.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Bosco1

Took enough of a look to know it was discredited decades ago. If it really ever had any credit that is.
Oh, really!? Be specific now. Who discredited B&N!? Where?

WLJ

• friends
I suggest you change the subject because this is going nowhere again.
You're obviously not convincing anyone here.
No you're not making headway with anyone.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Oh, really!? Be specific now. Who discredited B&N!? Where?

Why would I bother? You're only here to preach not listen. You haven't listen to a single person yet on any other forum. Why are you here?

Seriously, why are you here?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator

I'm with dogmush - I don't think this premise is true at all.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
The original tractor picture is more of a reconstructive indication of Sartre's true desires.

:laugh:  I almost went with that one.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!