Author Topic: Ontological absurdity is radically negated by the absurdly ontological  (Read 474 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Ontological absurdity is radically negated by the absurdly ontological
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 02:43:52 PM »
Seems like she is mocking herself.  Weird, that.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 02:47:11 PM »
I saw one of these a while back. Apparently show goes all over the place in red cities getting filmed "walking empowered" and talking about how all the alpha males fear her. In the meantime, all the videos are her and her cameraman on empty streets.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2023, 03:03:40 PM »
I saw one of these a while back. Apparently show goes all over the place in red cities getting filmed "walking empowered" and talking about how all the alpha males fear her. In the meantime, all the videos are her and her cameraman on empty streets.  :rofl:

Stunning and brave. I dread going into those ultra-conservative cities in the red states. Ya know, St Louis, Austin, places like that. Hordes of Trump Nazis walking around, shouting "MAGA COUNTRY!" everywhere you go, forcing the women to get pregnant, and the men to have jobs...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2023, 03:10:12 PM »
The video doesn't match the virtue signal.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2023, 03:18:57 PM »
When one wishes to virtue signal, one should at least have a rough idea how to do it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2023, 03:29:17 PM »
A friend of mine lives in the ultra-MAGA cesspit of deep-red Boise, ID. Zer 3rd-grader doesn't even know what a drag queen is.  :'(  It's horrifying.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2023, 03:39:57 PM »
Zer 3rd-grader doesn't even know what a drag queen is.  :'(  It's horrifying.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2023, 04:00:31 PM »
I don't live in the city of St Louis itself, but Bogie does. He told me about the time some of his wonderful and peace-loving gay neighbors tried to have a Pride Parade. The city officials all came in, wearing MAGA hats, and forced them to change it into a Men's Rights rally.