Author Topic: Friend turned me on to these...  (Read 1625 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Friend turned me on to these...
« on: February 16, 2023, 05:11:03 PM »
Barber Foods chicken & broccoli.

Quite good. Cheese is nice and sharp. Salty, as to be expected, but not bad for a quick "toss it in the toaster oven when you don't really feel like cooking" kind of dinner.

Definitely not health food, but as the occasional treat, not bad at all.

They also have Chicken Kiev and Chicken Cordon Bleu. I've tried the Cordon Bleu, and it wasn't nearly as good as the chicken and broccoli.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Friend turned me on to these...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 05:47:36 PM »
I've bought those at Aldi before (different brand)  They used to be 99¢ each, now i bet they are at least double that.  They are pretty good.
"It's good, though..."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 08:50:51 PM »
SWMBO is a fan of the Cordon Bleu from them.  The broccoli and cheese is also good.  Our grocer doesn't carry the Kiev.

You're right.  For nights when you don't want to really cook, they are good.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 10:19:11 PM »
Out of sheer curiosity, I bought something from Aldi a couple of days ago and had it last night.  It is their private label "Bremer" and is called "Garlic Chicken" with seasoned pieces of chicken breast, broccoli, carrots, corn, and "corkscrew" pasta (looks like a posthole auger).
Put about 3 Tblsp of butter/margarine on it and nuke it covered.  Takes less than 10 minutes total and was pretty good without the garlic overpowering the flavors.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”