Author Topic: ''Existential Absurdity" is When a Person Claims a Given State of Affairs Like  (Read 3030 times)

fifth_column

• friend
This seems appropriate at this point in the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkQk_1OV9Y
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
It's not dead, it's resting.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

griz

• friend
How long do I have to wait for him to come back before I can declare my writing ontologically superior to his?

You can summon him by saying "ontologically superior" while facing each of the four directions.  That aways works.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
This seems appropriate at this point in the thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkQk_1OV9Y

Best "Taps" I ever heard. 

Maybe there's a Sartrean "Day of Rest," like our Sundays, and he's taking it off.

"Philosophy" means "Love of Wisdom," and he realizes he actually hates wisdom?

Or maybe this logic got to him:

Bosco1 said, "I have no difficulty writing the ideas I am positing. I am simply making the error of thinking the reader educated enough to follow/comprehend existentialist constructs. I am positing excellently; my readers are merely not toughminded enough to follow."

If you recognize your error and admit of the futility of trying to make us follow or accept your thinking, why do you keep doing it?  Einstein supposedly said, "insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the the same results."  (Or the equivalent sentiment.)

Are you, therefore, insane, according to Einstein's notion?
  Or does the concept of insanity merely parallel "law" according to your insights?

I can appreciate your missionary zeal.  As Jesus said, "Follow me and I will make you a fisher of men." Mat 4:19

I wouldn't mind taking the credit for his departure.   =D

As a "thank you," you can make a donation to your favorite charity in my name. :rofl:

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:53:01 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^

Well, if he does come back, whoever said his name three times is to blame, not me. ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 12:49:59 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.