Main Forums > The Roundtable

Sight Pusher Tool

(1/3) > >>

Ben:
I'm finally getting around to replacing the sights on my G45 ( with Ameriglo Spartans, just ordered today). I've actually never replaced pistol sights before and have seen recommendations for using a sight pusher vs a hammer and punch.

These tools seem to run from $20-$80. I don't have plans for doing lots of sight swaps, but see myself doing some more in the future. I don't know that I want to shell out $80 for a little used tool, but I can see spending $20-$40. Does anyone have experience with sight pushers? Would the lower end still be worthwhile to buy, or are they useless junk?

RoadKingLarry:
Definitely a buy once, cry once kind of tool

WLJ:

--- Quote from: RoadKingLarry on February 05, 2023, 10:32:07 AM ---Definitely a buy once, cry once kind of tool

--- End quote ---

Yep, heard of people breaking the cheap ones on Glocks far too often.

cordex:
I have two. One I bought on the recommendation of someone on another forum from SightPusher.com. I think it was about $60. Bleh.

It works, but is hard to use, looks like it was thrown together in a garage, requires tools, and beats up the sight when using it.  If you want it let me know and I’ll send it to you.

I ended up getting one of these last year:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NR7KQ7L

I like it much better. If you have any specific questions let me know.

French G.:
Look at the one you like and make one. And yes, the little glass vials don't like hammers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version