Author Topic: The lamestream media strikes again  (Read 599 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
The lamestream media strikes again
« on: February 09, 2023, 09:39:20 PM »
Yahoo is running a story about a proposed law in Montana that -- according to Yahoo -- would allow students to "misgender" their classmates.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/montana-bill-allow-students-misgender-235146957.html

Sounds to me a lot more like a law that would allow students to be honest about their classmates' gender.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The lamestream media strikes again
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 09:13:39 AM »
Yahoo news is at least consistently leftist.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 09:14:22 AM »
Isn't Yahoo owned by Google?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 09:18:11 AM »
But anyway
Much of the media is doing the same thing here with an introduced bill to prevent Kentucky teachers from being forced to use students' preferred pronouns

Kentucky Senate Bill 150, which would allow teachers to refer to students as the name and gender on their original birth certificate, regardless of the students' pronoun preference, passed the Senate Education Committee on Thursday with an 11-1 vote.

It now moves on to the full Senate for a vote

"The bill does not prevent students from requesting identification by a non-birth conforming pronoun, nor prevent staff and students from addressing those students with non-conforming pronouns," Wise said.

On Thursday, critics on the Senate Education Committee pushed back against the bill. Sen. Reggie Thomas, D-Lexington, voiced several issues with the proposed legislation. His main concern with the bill is that it would allow teachers to misgender students

and of course it's endangering lives

The room was packed with LGBTQ+ advocates, and many spoke to the committee against the bill. Several transgender men and women argued that the bill puts in danger the lives of trans students in Kentucky.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/bill-preventing-kentucky-teachers-from-being-forced-to-use-students-preferred-pronouns-moves-forward/article_9d8f7b9e-a8ad-11ed-844e-3bbf2bda741d.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 12:27:36 PM »
Referring to a person as a different gender than what they are biologically (there are exactly two choices) is misgendering. Actually requiring it is mandating institutional disinformation.

They should call these bills the "Honesty & Sanity Promotion Act" or something of the sort.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »
Referring to a person as a different gender than what they are biologically (there are exactly two choices) is misgendering. Actually requiring it is mandating institutional disinformation.

They should call these bills the "Honesty & Sanity Promotion Act" or something of the sort.

Insanity is the new sanity
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2023, 12:29:33 PM »
Why not just refer to everyone with the correct pronoun "you"?  Problem solved.  But people don't want the problem solved.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 12:33:49 PM »
Why not just refer to everyone with the correct pronoun "you"?  Problem solved.  But people don't want the problem solved.

If you think the pronouns are the problem...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2023, 05:51:24 PM »

Pronouns are only used when talking about someone that isn’t directly party to the conversation.  When speaking directly to someone it’s normal to refer to them by name, or perhaps “hey you”.  Demanding special pronouns is about controlling speech, not even politeness to someone confused about their gender.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2023, 05:57:07 PM »
So pronouns like *expletive deleted*it bag, *expletive deleted*ck face, turd nugget, *expletive deleted*tard, asswipe, and the like are frowned upon then....
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 05:57:53 PM »
Those are adjectives.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 06:01:42 PM »
Those are adjectives.

They look like perfectly good pronouns to me.
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2023, 11:02:19 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2023, 08:18:05 AM »
Has anyone asked them what they want to be called?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2023, 11:34:03 AM »
Has anyone asked them what they want to be called?

Does it matter?

If Billy's legal name is William Forsythe Smythe and Billy declares that he/she/it would prefer to wear dresses to school and be called "Suzie," is it really a form of bullying for students or teachers to continue to use his/her/its proper, legal, birth certificate name Or a nickname logically derived therefrom) and pronouns associated from his/her/its birth certificate gender as forms of address? If Billy wants to live a lie and pretend to be a gender other than what he is, is it proper to force everyone around him to participate in mass misgendering by encouraging and enabling the gender dysforia?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2023, 11:50:08 AM »
My post was a tongue in cheek in response to the previous 3 posts
- Calvin and Hobbes