Author Topic: Colorado Working to Ban Firearm Discharges on Private Property  (Read 355 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Colorado Working to Ban Firearm Discharges on Private Property
« on: February 13, 2023, 07:55:25 AM »
Colorado is pushing legislation that would ban people from shooting on their or any private property. If the article is accurate generically stating "private property", I suppose it could leave the door open for counties to ban shooting ranges.

This all appears to have been started by city slickers moving to the country for their "McMansion and an acre" and upset that the neighbors who have been there for 30 years shoot guns.

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/legislature/proposal-allowing-counties-to-bar-gun-discharge-on-private-property-advance-dems-kill-gop-gun/article_18ba5612-a800-11ed-ab9a-7fec41403dd0.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
Re: Colorado Working to Ban Firearm Discharges on Private Property
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 08:41:57 AM »
Also if true, that would ban hunting everywhere but public land.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 08:45:49 AM »
Also if true, that would ban hunting everywhere but public land.

And right after some mentally ill creep shots up another bar or theater that will need to be banned too.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 09:11:57 AM »
I was told years ago that counties in Texas can prohibit shooting on smaller land plots under 5 acres or some similar size.  I was told that once you had 5 or 10 acres, all you had to worry about was a safe berm.  I never looked up the law so I it could all be BS. 

This law sounds like rich idiot who want to tell their neighbors what to do.  I think if I were those neighbors and this passed and shooting was prohibited, there would be some really ugly stuff show up on the property line really fast.  As ugly as legally permitted. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 09:13:53 AM »
Would this be more acceptable if any county who exercised this power were required to set up a shooting range for county residents?  I don't think so, but adding something like that in would make it seem less like a backdoor gun prohibition. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 05:03:20 AM »
NEWS FLASH. The term backdoor prohibition is now obsolete.  They now have the power to start prohibiting stuff right through the front door.

And they will.

You will no doubt note that this has nothing to do with "keeping and bearing."

But then again, Form 4473 has nothing to do with gun registration.

Let us hope that this one is a flash in the pan...  A gun term, of course. 

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 09:47:45 AM »
Better word their law carefully. According to the Beagle Airedale Terrier Foxhound English Setter people a muzzleloading cannon is not a firearm. Mountain howitzers for everyone!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.