Author Topic: Clown world  (Read 517 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Clown world
« on: February 16, 2023, 07:32:17 PM »
https://www.newser.com/story/331654/judge-sperm-donor-not-lesbian-mom-has-parental-rights.html

You have to read the article. I don't even know where to start in trying to express my thoughts on the case.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: Clown world
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 08:42:13 PM »
Mr Springer to the courtesy phone please.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 09:15:58 PM »
What other decision could they have reached?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 10:15:40 PM »
What other decision could they have reached?

I don't have any problem with the decision. I just find it incredible that the estranged "mother" thinks she has any parental rights whatsoever regarding a child she had no part in conceiving. I have since read a couple of other articles on this case, and I am even more incredulous that "the media" generally seem to be taking her side.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 08:48:40 AM »
I don't have any problem with the decision. I just find it incredible that the estranged "mother" thinks she has any parental rights whatsoever regarding a child she had no part in conceiving. I have since read a couple of other articles on this case, and I am even more incredulous that "the media" generally seem to be taking her side.

Don't be incredulous. They really hate the idea of children being raised by their actual parents. And besides, shouldn't every child be raised by homosexuals, instead of icky straights? Also, the mother used some kind of conversion therapy on herself, and regressed into a heterosexual relationship. She's a self-loathing monster.

And so on...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 12:55:38 PM »

And the article says she could have gone to court to get adoption done, but chose not to.  IMO, she waived her future rights at that point.
Williams "admitted she knew that under Oklahoma law she needed to adopt the minor child to establish parental rights," wrote McGuire. "Williams chose not to adopt. Williams testified that she didn’t believe it was fair that she would have to seek court intervention to establish parental rights of the minor child… The reality is that the law provides a legal remedy available to Williams. She knowingly chose not to pursue it.”

Also, the story calls the guy a sperm donor, but since she moved in with him, that sort of indicates more of a relationship than just a "sperm donor". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 01:19:55 PM »
And the article says she could have gone to court to get adoption done, but chose not to.  IMO, she waived her future rights at that point.
Also, the story calls the guy a sperm donor, but since she moved in with him, that sort of indicates more of a relationship than just a "sperm donor".

Sounds like the mom prefers meat to fish.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 04:41:37 PM »

The story kind of leaves you with the impression that it was a "turkey baster" type arrangement.  Maybe not.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2023, 05:57:58 PM »
The story kind of leaves you with the impression that it was a "turkey baster" type arrangement.  Maybe not.

I read the story's description  of "Non medically assisted at home insemination " as they *expletive deleted*ed.  I think that the story was attempting to imply a turkey baster situation despite the more traditional approach being used.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2023, 06:29:29 PM »

They now have a second child together, so I guess he's a serial sperm donor.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 01:35:23 PM »
They now have a second child together, so I guess he's a serial sperm donor.

Made me spit out my Cap'n Crunch.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 02:43:30 PM »
Family portrait

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.