Author Topic: KFC recipe  (Read 1750 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
KFC recipe
« on: February 20, 2023, 09:46:55 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: KFC recipe
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2023, 10:58:44 AM »
Pressure frying can be dangerous. In the 1950s and 1960s a couple of companies brought out "pressure fryer" gizmos that were essentially death traps.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 06:06:27 PM »
https://www.ladbible.com/news/kfc-secret-recipe-leaked-nephew-421025-20230211?source=facebookstatic&fbclid=IwAR1faIdlz_ZPNKgSqVjSdFXv1GmrCB9VzuWu2-ma2lmsR66_ahUGT91fQeM

I wonder how accurate this is, but the main secret to KFC is the pressure cooking of the chicken.

I worked there is HS. Henny Penny pressure fryers and double breading of the chicken.

Dip in water, bread in a certain pattern in the flour mix, dip in water, shake down the breading, bread again in a certain pattern, load into the verticle fryer baskets, pressure fry for 21 minutes.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2023, 06:08:28 PM »
I learn something every day: KFC does not use an egg, milk, or buttermilk dip for the breading.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 06:28:03 PM »
I worked there is HS. Henny Penny pressure fryers and double breading of the chicken.

Dip in water, bread in a certain pattern in the flour mix, dip in water, shake down the breading, bread again in a certain pattern, load into the verticle fryer baskets, pressure fry for 21 minutes.

When I worked there a few decades before you I seem to recall the dip was a milky color, it was probably a powder mixed with water. Dip, bread, dip, bread  and cook. Back then it was put the chicken in the pressure cooker (no racks, just loose pieces into the pot) with lid off for x number of minutes and then slap the lid on to pressure cook. Dump it onto a rack that drained the oil and flip the pieces a certain way to ensure draining. Put into a Cres Cor warmer until sold. I was working the day man first stepped on the moon, not much business that day. I probably wouldn't even recognize the kitchen of a KFC today.

bob