Author Topic: Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill Signed  (Read 490 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill Signed
« on: March 11, 2022, 12:13:36 PM »
https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/virginia-switchblade-ban-repeal-bill-signed/

Knife Rights’ Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill, SB 758, that passed with broad bipartisan support, has been signed into law by Governor Glenn Youngkin. We sincerely appreciate Gov. Youngkin signing this bill after nearly 5 years of effort to repeal the ban.

Aparently not effective until July 1st and there concealed carry restrictions that will still be in effect.  I am not familiar with Virginia knife laws and a quick search didn't show a lot more information.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Virginia Switchblade Ban Repeal Bill Signed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 12:20:31 PM »
https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/alabama-constitutional-carry-bill-repealing-knife-bans-signed/

According to Kniferights.org, there were some knife bans repealed as part of the constitutional carry bill in Alabama.  I am not sure of the total scope, but sounds like an improvement.

We are pleased that HB 272 includes repeal of Alabama’s ban on concealed carry of a “bowie [sic] knife, or other knife or instrument of the like kind or description”
https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/alabama-constitutional-carry-bill-would-repeal-knife-ban/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:44:08 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 04:45:54 PM »
Oklahoma has improved our knife laws quite a bit in the last several years.
For a while it was possible I could have been arrested for the assisted opening Kershaw clipped to my pocket while open carrying a pistol. :facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 03:38:27 PM »
Amended VA Switchblade Concealed Carry Ban Repeal Passes Senate
https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/amended-va-switchblade-concealed-carry-ban-repeal-passes-senate/

Removes those knives from concealed carry prohibition list.
Virginia HB 2298 that would remove switchblades from the list of weapons that cannot be carried concealed in the state has passed the Senate unanimously with the amended text that added “stiletto” (undefined) to the list of items that cannot be carried concealed.
---------------
The bill now moves back to the House for concurrence. The unamended version previously passed the House 66-32.

Our repeal last year of Virginia’s ban on switchblades (automatic) knives did not include repeal of the ban on concealed carry. This bill takes care of that.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 04:20:52 PM »
BLOODINTHESTREETS!!11!!

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 07:07:02 PM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 07:16:10 PM »
Oh I can start carrying my benchmade auto now! Yay! Shame I am about to have to send it back for a refurb, the last three years of carry have been hard on it.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.