Author Topic: Georgia Grand Jury Trial of Trump  (Read 549 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Georgia Grand Jury Trial of Trump
« on: February 22, 2023, 01:27:03 PM »
Wow. If Trump can keep his big mouth shut, his defense team is going to be in heaven. This is the jury foregirl doing interviews with the MSM DURING THE TRIAL:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/22/meet-the-giggly-georgia-grand-jury-forewoman-who-may-very-well-be-team-trumps-most-valuable-asset/

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/02/22/cnn-cant-sugarcoat-it-trump-grand-jury-forewomans-verbal-diarrhea-is-a-prosecutors-nightmare/

She's basically talking about how she wants Trump to go down. Trump is not my favorite guy right now, but this is not how we do trials in America, and I hope this trial immediately has the kibosh put on it. How did this moron even get to be jury foreman? Diversity and inclusion?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Georgia Grand Jury Trial of Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 01:59:51 PM »
I am not familiar with the precedents, but do grand jury issues have a carry over effect on the trial jury?  Never heard of a case like that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 02:25:16 PM »
The prosecutors are probably about to stroke out.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 02:55:22 PM »
In this clip, she didn't say too much.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/georgia-grand-jury-foreperson-speaks-out-on-trump-investigation-163778629718

Maybe listen to the other clips, where she wishes she could be the one to subpoena Trump, or where she spills privileged jury information. Not to mention the smirks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 03:11:31 PM »
Maybe listen to the other clips, where she wishes she could be the one to subpoena Trump, or where she spills privileged jury information. Not to mention the smirks.
Salty Cracker said she looked like she was tweaking out on something.  I have no experience with what that looks like. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 04:38:29 PM »
Salty Cracker said she looked like she was tweaking out on something.  I have no experience with what that looks like.

You must not be from Florida.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/02/21/msnbcs-johnson-floridas-crystal-meth-and-alligators-reputation-will-hurt-desantis/

Interesting that he picked 2 of the states Donald Trump is most associated with.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 09:37:13 PM »
I heard the giggly forewoman is a wiccan . . . if so, doesn't that make the grand jury an actual witch hunt?

And if she was chosen as forewoman - supposedly one of the smartest people on the jury - what does that say about the others?   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 07:20:05 AM »
First, remember grand jury proceedings are nit trials.  It's a one sided proceeding, in which the prosecutor presents evidence to the jury members seeking an indictment.   There is no defense, no cross examination of witnesses, and the prosecutor only has to establish probable cause that tge offense occurred.  The old lawyer joke that a decent prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich is true.

As for bias of a grand juror impacting the case, not sure how that appeal may turn out.  On one hand, her statements demonstrate a clear bias, which should get her booted from tge proceedings.  On the other hand, there is no right to appeal an indictment.  Can't appeal unless or until there is an actual conviction after a real trial.  An appellate court might just see that conviction as proof that, despite the biased grand juror, there was sufficient evidence to justify the indictment, or else there would have been no conviction.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 07:49:53 AM »
I'll say that one thing positive about this is that even on reddit, where 90% of posters want Trump tortured for a few years before he's killed, people across the political spectrum are shaking their heads at this nutcase. Whether grand jury, bizarro Georgia version of a grand jury, or a criminal jury, nobody wants someone like this a "peer" to be "unbiasedly" judged by.

This is what happens when so many smart people get out of jury duty. You end up with dingbats and zealots.