Author Topic: MTG wants a divorce of the country  (Read 581 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: MTG wants a divorce of the country
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 09:29:19 AM »
She's past her prime.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 09:30:11 AM »
Meh. All I ever heard when I lived in CA was, "We're the 12th biggest economy in the world! We need to secede from those hillabillies in flyover country!"

They can all come back and talk to me when they figure out how to let urban and rural areas within states secede from each other.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2023, 10:07:33 AM »
Meh. All I ever heard when I lived in CA was, "We're the 12th biggest economy in the world! We need to secede from those hillabillies in flyover country!"

They can all come back and talk to me when they figure out how to let urban and rural areas within states secede from each other.
I think we should continue building the border wall, but once the western end gets within, oh, say 50 miles of the coast, we change the track and continue by building it northward - maintaining a 50 mile distance from the coast - until it's 50 miles north of San Francisco. Then turn west again until the wall meets the ocean.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2023, 10:11:32 AM »
I think we should continue building the border wall, but once the western end gets within, oh, say 50 miles of the coast, we change the track and continue by building it northward - maintaining a 50 mile distance from the coast - until it's 50 miles north of San Francisco. Then turn west again until the wall meets the ocean.

At this point you can take that all the way to the Canadian border before you turn left. Portland and Seattle are becoming literally worse than the big CA cities now, I think.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2023, 10:23:50 AM »
At this point you can take that all the way to the Canadian border before you turn left. Portland and Seattle are becoming literally worse than the big CA cities now, I think.
Can we just build a separate section up there? I'd still like the USA to have some access to the Pacific.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2023, 10:47:32 AM »
Can we just build a separate section up there? I'd still like the USA to have some access to the Pacific.  ;)

We could probably start it just North of San Diego and end it just South of Port Angeles.  =)

zahc

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2023, 10:52:23 AM »
I actually support firing her for this. We shouldn't have representatives calling for things like that this. It's just absurd. How about spending that energy working on policies to improve things it the direction you want? It's a stupid idea anyway.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2023, 11:49:57 AM »
Intemperate remarks withdrawn.
"No excuse, Sir."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 04:43:19 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2023, 11:54:01 AM »
It will probably happen but that doesn’t make her right. Send these unserious clowns like mtg and boebert to whatever the other side is.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2023, 03:00:12 PM »
I may have missed it.  What part of what of what she said was unconstitutional or in violation of her oath?  Is there another link I missed? 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 03:29:58 PM »
I think the USA needs a legal process for for secession from the Union.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2023, 04:16:41 PM »
My take was that her comment was pretty much in response to the calls for waging economic civil war against the red states.
The call for economic warfare got applauded by the left and the call for divorce got pilloried by the left, and a lot of other tight arses.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 04:20:19 PM »
The call for economic warfare got applauded by the left and the call for divorce got pilloried by the left, and a lot of other tight arses.

Good point. Lots of blue state/city governments have bans for doing business with and employee travel to "red states". Seems like they took the first step.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2023, 04:21:59 PM »
Good point. Lots of blue state/city governments have bans for doing business with and employee travel to "red states". Seems like they took the first step.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfw8Es44Kgk
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2023, 05:21:34 PM »

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/san-francisco-realizes-its-red-state-boycott-only-hurts-itself
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2023, 09:29:04 PM »
I actually support firing her for this. We shouldn't have representatives calling for things like that this. It's just absurd. How about spending that energy working on policies to improve things it the direction you want? It's a stupid idea anyway.

Why? Member of the House of Representatives are, first and foremost, supposed to represent the people of their congressional district. How is suggesting secession in any way contrary to that responsibility?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design