Author Topic: FBI agent shoots pit bull  (Read 1041 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: FBI agent shoots pit bull
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2023, 04:15:32 PM »
In the East raccoons were, and may still be, a huge rabies vector, along with bats. Bats likely cause more transmission cases, but raccoon populations have been hard hit with rabies for years.

Bats, raccoons, fox, skunk and coyotes are what I have considered "normal" vectors for rabies. Some medical professionals recommend rabies shots if you happen to be sleeping in a room and then discover a bat with you. I am not sure I would go that far but then again rabies infection has a nearly 100% mortality in humans. If bitten it can be prevented with rabies vaccine and  rabies immunoglobulin. No, it does not go into the stomach (abdomen) with a huge needle. Just a normal shot although the immunoglobulin is infiltrated around the bite.

bob 

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2023, 05:59:45 PM »
Bats, raccoons, fox, skunk and coyotes are what I have considered "normal" vectors for rabies. Some medical professionals recommend rabies shots if you happen to be sleeping in a room and then discover a bat with you. I am not sure I would go that far but then again rabies infection has a nearly 100% mortality in humans. If bitten it can be prevented with rabies vaccine and  rabies immunoglobulin. No, it does not go into the stomach (abdomen) with a huge needle. Just a normal shot although the immunoglobulin is infiltrated around the bite.

bob

https://www.foxnews.com/story/texas-teen-dies-of-rabies  This was one of my brother's students.  (I thought it was in Kingwood rather than Humble)  He did not know that he'd been bitten.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2023, 07:39:29 PM »
"Some medical professionals recommend rabies shots if you happen to be sleeping in a room and then discover a bat with you."

Yep. Exactly what happened with my Mom. She came in contact with a bat in her house. Doctor's office didn't even hesitate when she called in -- they sent her straight to the ER.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2023, 10:40:07 PM »
Not gonna feed the critters. That neighbor hates whitey, and with my luck, one of them would choke on a hot dog...
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2023, 09:31:03 AM »

How do you propose to enforce your ban? Come and seize dogs from people like me?

Ok, I'll give your pitbull a pass if he bites an FBI agent.

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2023, 10:45:12 PM »
Nothing wrong with a pitbull they are good dogs.

How do you propose to enforce your ban? Come and seize dogs from people like me?

You can pry my Stafford’s leash from my cold, dead hands.

https://atts.org/breed-statistics/statistics-page1/