Author Topic: Anti-Militia legislation proposed  (Read 462 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Anti-Militia legislation proposed
« on: January 11, 2024, 06:11:39 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7e5xm/democrats-propose-bill-to-neuter-militias

If this law passes, I wonder if it will pass constitutional scrutiny. IMHO, it shouldn't, since according to federal law every able-bodied male between the ages of 18 and (I think) 45 is a member of the militia. What's the point of having people be in the militia if you don't allow them to train?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
Re: Anti-Militia legislation proposed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 07:12:07 PM »
Ah Vice....never stop being you.

The Capitol riot was the culmination of surging anti-government sentiment and paramilitary activity seen throughout 2020. That year, armed paramilitary groups swarmed government buildings to protest COVID-19 restrictions, plotted to kidnap Michigan’s governor over those restrictions, conducted armed neighborhood patrols in response to racial justice protests, and killed law enforcement officers.

That's some framing right there. From the prayerful hope that Jan 6 was the culmination of anti-government sentiment, to the FBI op, to demonizing not wanting crowds to burn down your neighborhood,  that paragraph is chef's kiss propaganda.

On the law itself, without reading the bill, I wonder if they have carve outs for Blackwater and the like, and their donor's private security.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 07:55:10 PM »
An huge open ended excuse for the feds to imprison any armed right wing groups, which is exactly what the left wants.

Unfortunately, the Supreme Court is against us here:

Presser v. Illinois, 116 U.S. 252 (1886)
We think it clear that there are no sections under consideration, which only forbid bodies of men to associate together as military organizations, or to drill or parade with arms in cities and towns unless authorized by law, do not infringe the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Hawkmoon

• friend

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 12:59:18 PM »
It is so broad that they could get someone for training for long range shooting or a group doing a 3 gun competition and probably anything they want to pick. .
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 01:53:24 PM »
Hmmm
The left likes to connect the 2A with militias often saying it only has to do with militias sooo banning militias would in effect negate the 2A in their mind.
So maybe this is also a backdoor way of going after the 2A in effect killing two birds with one stone.

Tinfoil hat stuff?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 01:57:14 PM »
Ah Vice....never stop being you.

That's some framing right there. From the prayerful hope that Jan 6 was the culmination of anti-government sentiment, to the FBI op, to demonizing not wanting crowds to burn down your neighborhood,  that paragraph is chef's kiss propaganda.

On the law itself, without reading the bill, I wonder if they have carve outs for Blackwater and the like, and their donor's private security.

The Century Dictionary (top search result) defines culmination as: " the highest point or summit; the top; the act or fact of reaching the highest point: used especially in figurative senses."

If J6 was the culmination of "paramilitary activity" then I guess we've nothing to worry about.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 07:04:27 PM »
Remember when Biden said that the 2nd Amendment was useless against a tyrannical government? So they actually did the math and realized that they can't fulfill their authoritarian wet dreams with people running around joining militias.  =D
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2024, 08:46:19 PM »
The Century Dictionary (top search result) defines culmination as: " the highest point or summit; the top; the act or fact of reaching the highest point: used especially in figurative senses."

If J6 was the culmination of "paramilitary activity" then I guess we've nothing to worry about.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2024, 07:33:33 AM »
A LOT of militias are full of undercover Federal agents and informants - their presence really ramped up after the OKC bombings. (No doubt some state & local law enforcement agents have people on the inside as well.)

What percentage of a militia's membership has to be government operatives before you can consider it to be a de facto Federal agency?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2024, 06:15:13 PM »
I guess it's time for more people to start playing paintball. It's just a game, right?

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2024, 08:59:28 PM »
A LOT of militias are full of undercover Federal agents and informants - their presence really ramped up after the OKC bombings. (No doubt some state & local law enforcement agents have people on the inside as well.)

What percentage of a militia's membership has to be government operatives before you can consider it to be a de facto Federal agency?

As has been seen many many times and notably during J6, the presence of feds or fed assets in any group or organization can be directly inferred by the amount of illegal activity being planned or coaxed to be committed. In other words if anyone in a group goes around suggesting that "we" ;)  ;) should get sporty and rambunctious, it's surely a fed.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2024, 09:23:00 AM »
As has been seen many many times and notably during J6, the presence of feds or fed assets in any group or organization can be directly inferred by the amount of illegal activity being planned or coaxed to be committed. In other words if anyone in a group goes around suggesting that "we" ;)  ;) should get sporty and rambunctious, it's surely a fed.
Back in the so-called "Days of Rage" when the hippies, yippies, SDS, etc. were doing things like torching or setting off bombs at draft board offices, one of their leaders said words to the effect of "We could always tell who the Fed was - he was the one calling loudest for us to go and blow something up."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain