Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 17068 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Chicago
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2023, 11:44:21 AM »
Chicago elections usually have two choices - bad and worse.

Chicago chose the latter - again.

I no longer feel sorry for the people who live there, and I thank my lucky stars I left for good decades ago.

Getting exactly what they voted for, good and hard.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »
Quote:

"Following her concession speech, a reporter asked her if she was treated unfairly because of her race and gender, with Lightfoot answering: 'I'm a black woman in America. Of course."

Doesn't matter what color, race, sex, gender, height, weight, profession, or sexual preference etc. she has/is, that attitude alone automatically makes her a loser.

Woody

She was someone who was obliviously promoted, probably for purely equity reasons, well beyond her abilities. But pointing that out is racist of course.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2023, 12:16:08 PM »
The voters will be really upset when they learn the mayor they just elected is one of the blacks.
Why? That's the reason - the only reason - many Chicagoans voted for him in the runoff.

Actually, had he been white, there's a good chance Lightfoot actually would have made the cut for the runoff, if she didn't win outright.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2023, 01:09:22 PM »
Why? That's the reason - the only reason - many Chicagoans voted for him in the runoff.

Actually, had he been white, there's a good chance Lightfoot actually would have made the cut for the runoff, if she didn't win outright.

That's the joke.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2023, 04:07:34 PM »
Sick Of Same Old Crime And Violence, Chicago Tries Electing A Democrat This Time
https://babylonbee.com/news/sick-of-same-old-crime-and-violence-chicago-tries-electing-a-democrat-this-time
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2023, 03:41:03 PM »
This approach worked so well the first, second, third and fourth time it was tried.

Lori Lightfoot 2.0! Chicago's new liberal mayor blames BUSINESSES for spiraling violent crime because 70% 'don't pay corporate tax' and low investment has caused poverty
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11950187/Chicagos-new-liberal-mayor-blames-spiraling-violent-crime-BUSINESSES.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2023, 04:53:48 PM »
With all the red light cameras in Chicago (one camera alone garnered over $4 MILLION in fines last year!), wouldn't it be ironic if this happened to Lori on her way "out of town"??  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2023, 02:01:47 PM »
This idiot:

https://rumble.com/v2htmfu-dm-clip-brandon-johnson.html

Didn't assign homework to students, to "rebel against the system." I don't even know what to say.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2023, 02:30:02 PM »
This idiot:

https://rumble.com/v2htmfu-dm-clip-brandon-johnson.html

Didn't assign homework to students, to "rebel against the system." I don't even know what to say.

That was brought up during the election. The electorate didn't seem to care.

You could run a turd for mayor in Chicago and it will win as long as it has a d next to it's name.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2023, 03:28:00 PM »
That was brought up during the election. The electorate didn't seem to care.

You could run a turd for mayor in Chicago and it will win as long as it has a d next to it's name.

Kind of a long time thing with Chicago isn't it? Electing walking, talking turds as mayor?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2023, 03:52:20 PM »

Someone will come along and claim that "turd" is a racist term.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2023, 05:16:29 PM »
Someone will come along and claim that "turd" is a racist term.

Of course they will !!  It's BROWN !!  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2023, 07:19:18 PM »
Of course they will !!  It's BROWN !!  :rofl:

Except for the guy here who made that post about crapping white...

Who the hell was that?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2023, 07:55:48 PM »
Except for the guy here who made that post about crapping white...

Who the hell was that?

Ned Hamford
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2023, 07:43:56 AM »
Yes, Ned.

I wonder how he's doing...

I think he got married and was expecting a kid last time I saw something from him. But that's been awhile.

Oh wow. He was last on APS about a week ago. I thought he had been gone for years.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2023, 09:38:48 AM »
My Twitter feed is full of videos of Chicago rioting last night.

Did something happen, or is it just a boisterous Sat night?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2023, 09:41:35 AM »
My Twitter feed is full of videos of Chicago rioting last night.

Did something happen, or is it just a boisterous Sat night?

Chicago street party

Hundreds of teenagers flood into downtown Chicago, smashing car windows, prompting police response
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/hundreds-of-teenagers-flood-into-downtown-chicago-smashing-car-windows-and-prompting-police-response
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2023, 09:44:15 AM »
In other Chicago news Walmart is closing 4 of their 8 Chicago stores.
Sounds like the other 4 aren't doing so good either.
The stores being closed “lose tens of millions of dollars a year, and their annual losses nearly doubled in just the last five years,” the company said in a news release. “The remaining four Chicago stores continue to face the same business difficulties, but we think this decision gives us the best chance to help keep them open and serving the community.”

"annual losses nearly doubled in just the last five years"
Gee, I wonder why

Walmart closes half of its Chicago stores, signaling urban struggles
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/04/12/walmart-store-closings/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2023, 10:14:44 AM »
Video from last night's festivities

https://twitter.com/rawsalerts/status/1647457314494971910

Going to be a long summer I fear.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2023, 04:44:25 PM »
I hope this was just a warmup for the democratic national convention!
Or a welcome party for the new mayor?
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2023, 06:37:08 PM »
1968 says hi.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2023, 06:53:26 PM »
I hope this was just a warmup for the democratic national convention!

In so many ways I hope so.  [popcorn]
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2023, 07:18:19 PM »
Of course they'll be in there blaming republicans and saying they're (the Ds) the ones who need to be elected to fix it. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2023, 10:55:51 PM »
"Everyone is welcome and encouraged to enjoy all that Chicago has to offer including the popular downtown area, but criminal activity will never be tolerated," police said in a statement. "Those engaged in criminal activity will be arrested and held accountable."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2023, 07:36:42 AM »
"Those engaged in criminal activity will be arrested . . .  "
Since when? If this continues, you'll see CPD functioning as a security detail to protect the rioters. Chicago will not tolerate rooftop Koreans or anyone else protecting their homes & businesses from rioters, arsonists, and looters.

" . . . and held accountable."
Let me guess - this came from the office of Cook County State's Attorney Kim Fox?  :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain