Author Topic: Chicago  (Read 17072 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Chicago
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2023, 02:03:28 PM »
Says something when i feel the need to tell you the below is the Babylon Bee

Chicago Mayor Warns That If Local Walmart Locations Close People Will Have Fewer Places To Shoplift
https://babylonbee.com/news/new-chicago-mayor-warns-that-if-local-walmart-locations-close-people-will-have-fewer-places-to-shoplift
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2023, 03:17:30 PM »
Says something when i feel the need to tell you the below is the Babylon Bee

Chicago Mayor Warns That If Local Walmart Locations Close People Will Have Fewer Places To Shoplift
https://babylonbee.com/news/new-chicago-mayor-warns-that-if-local-walmart-locations-close-people-will-have-fewer-places-to-shoplift

How else are they going to get their stuff?

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/eric-scheiner/homeowner-shoots-burglary-suspect-family-asks-how-he-going-get-his-money

Speaking of which, does anyone know what happened in that case? I can't find anything about the outcome, which I guess means she wasn't charged.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 03:31:08 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2023, 03:49:37 PM »
Three "thugs" break into a home armed with knives and brass knuckles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAk0FNH7RS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfehDON_hqA
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2023, 05:30:01 PM »
Looting in Compton as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDdU1W_gA4

(of course, reporting looting in Compton is akin to reporting the sun rose this morning)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

HankB

• friend
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2023, 05:52:14 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAk0FNH7RS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfehDON_hqA
Good stories . . . but looking at the dates, they are pretty old.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2023, 06:05:56 PM »
It was a response to Perd's link about "where he gonna get his stuff"
The dad had stated in another interview (that I can't find) that the invaders "only" had knives and didn't warrant getting shot.

one of my nieces went to school with the shooter.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2023, 07:08:21 PM »

B-b-b-but he used an AR-15!  The devil's own rifle!!
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2023, 07:57:34 PM »
It was a "a political act"  :O

sure it was  :facepalm:

Since I’m a glutton for punishment and I’m sure I’m gonna get the most unhinged, crime weirdo replies but:

I would look at the behavior of young people as a political act and statement. It’s a mass protest against poverty and segregation.

Rest in peace to my mentions.

— Robert Peters (@RobertJPeters) April 16, 2023

State senator tells ‘crime weirdos’ Chicago riot was actually a protest against ‘poverty and segregation’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/17/state-senator-tells-crime-weirdos-chicago-riot-was-actually-a-protest-against-poverty-and-segregation/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2023, 09:43:52 PM »
Round two Sat
Forecast is for rain, maybe that will put a dampener on the festivities

Chicago aldermen say teens on social media already promising a 'part two' after downtown chaos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfks4ATGLYA
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2023, 09:59:26 AM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2023, 03:52:20 PM »
I really wonder what will happen if some of those... mostly peaceful yutes... *expletive deleted*ck with the wrong person and one or more of them sprouts a few extra holes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2023, 05:01:46 PM »
I really wonder what will happen if some of those... mostly peaceful yutes... *expletive deleted*ck with the wrong person and one or more of them sprouts a few extra holes.

Ask Daniel Perry, or Kyle Rittenhouse.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2023, 05:07:00 PM »
I'm not talking about what will happen to the shooters.

We both know that.

I'm wondering what will happen in the city in response.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2023, 07:34:09 PM »
I'm not talking about what will happen to the shooters.

We both know that.

I'm wondering what will happen in the city in response.

But isn't there precedent to look at?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2023, 09:30:38 PM »
My daughter is going there with her summer college program. I'm looking for an A-10 modification for my AR.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2023, 08:20:13 AM »
If they're scattered about or stacked up inside the threshold of the locked door they just smashed their way through, successful prosecution of the person(s) who unloaded on them will be problematic, even in Chicago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2023, 12:43:10 PM »
You get what you vote for

Progressive allies of Mayor Brandon Johnson have released a financial blueprint titled – and I'm not joking – "First We Get the Money" calling for $12 billion in new taxes, including:

"Head tax" of $33 per worker for companies with 50+ employees

Quadrupling the tax on jet fuel.… pic.twitter.com/lRoQOZP58a

— Tom Bevan (@TomBevanRCP) May 17, 2023

New Chicago mayor’s economic blueprint is… something else
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/05/17/new-chicago-mayors-economic-blueprint-is-something-else/

The plan also calls for eliminating all current vacant positions at the Chicago Police Department AND cutting the CPD budget by 9%.

— Tom Bevan (@TomBevanRCP) May 17, 2023
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2023, 02:23:30 PM »
You get what you vote for

New Chicago mayor’s economic blueprint is… something else
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/05/17/new-chicago-mayors-economic-blueprint-is-something-else/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2023, 04:19:46 PM »
Is O'Hare actually inside Chicago city limits?

Raising the price on Jet Fuel there could really help out Detroit's shiny new airport.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2023, 05:10:55 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2023, 06:21:40 PM »
Is the "head tax" a one time thing or monthly or annual? Great incentive to keep a small business from growing or to downsize to 49 employees.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2023, 06:24:42 AM »
They want to cut the police budget by 9%.

A year.

For four years.

Nothing could possibly go wrong with that scenario!

AND they want to cancel implementation of ShotSpotter.

Well, I guess if you "prevent the criminalization" of target audiences, there's no need for such a system. Right?

Part of me hopes that this passes, and passes quickly.

Chicago needs to burn again, and this will go a long way toward making that happen.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2023, 07:09:34 AM »
Is O'Hare actually inside Chicago city limits?

Raising the price on Jet Fuel there could really help out Detroit's shiny new airport.
I grew up in Chicago, and if memory serves me right, though it was technically opened before my time, I was a youngster when they were building up O'Hare and remember reading a story that the airport was "connected" to Chicago via a relatively narrow strip of property in order to make it part of the city. Now AFAIK, Midway airport has always been in the city proper - my childhood home was about 1 1/2 miles east of it, and I remember it being pretty busy when I was a kid. I flew in and out of it frequently in the '80s. I then went through it again circa 2016 and was shocked at just how much the terminals and other facilities had been expanded.

They want to cut the police budget by 9%.
A year.
For four years.
Nothing could possibly go wrong with that scenario!
AND they want to cancel implementation of ShotSpotter.
Well, I guess if you "prevent the criminalization" of target audiences, there's no need for such a system. Right?
Part of me hopes that this passes, and passes quickly.
Chicago needs to burn again, and this will go a long way toward making that happen.
Nearly all my relations have moved out of the city proper, I've been watching how "the people" of the city vote, so I have a hard time taking issue with what Mike wrote above.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2023, 03:59:19 PM »
I can hear the mayor now, "Reparations would fix this"

A "flash mob" of about 400 teenagers descended on a suburb outside of Chicago during the Armed Forces Carnival on Saturday and began fighting with each other, forcing the event’s cancelation, officials said.

The mayhem broke out in suburban Tinley Park after the hundreds of teenagers responded to a call on social media to gather at the carnival at the 80th Avenue train station and began running around the parking lot fighting with each other to "cause chaos and disrupt the event," town officials said. A Facebook post from the village on Sunday said the last day of the event was "cancelled due to safety concerns stemming from a flash mob incident at Saturday’s event."

Chicago suburb cancels Armed Forces Carnival after ‘flash mob’ of 400 teens devolves into fights, chaos
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-suburb-cancels-armed-forces-carnival-flash-mob-400-teens-devolves-fights-chaos
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2023, 05:43:32 PM »
. . .
Chicago suburb cancels Armed Forces Carnival after ‘flash mob’ of 400 teens devolves into fights, chaos
https://www.foxnews.com/us/chicago-suburb-cancels-armed-forces-carnival-flash-mob-400-teens-devolves-fights-chaos
I have a cousin who lives in Tinley Park . . . just sent her a text for an update on what her take is on what happened.

Edited to add: OK, my cousin didn't know anything about it - Tinley Park isn't that big, but she didn't see or hear any disturbances, and so far she hasn't seen anything about it on the local news. So maybe it wasn't that big a deal after all.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 07:05:59 PM by HankB »