Author Topic: The Gill-Man in "Creature from the Black Lagoon" has died.  (Read 249 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
The Gill-Man in "Creature from the Black Lagoon" has died.
« on: March 01, 2023, 03:26:51 PM »
The Gill-Man in "Creature from the Black Lagoon", Ricou Browning, has died at the age of 93.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/ricou-browning-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-star-dead-93

He was a second assistant director for underwater sequences in the James Bond flick "Thunderball".  He also worked on "Never Say Never Again", "Flipper", and "Baywatch" among other productions.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: The Gill-Man in "Creature from the Black Lagoon" has died.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2023, 04:49:47 PM »
I didn't know that Browning was one of two actors to play the creature in the movie -- Browning wore the suit for the swimming scenes, and Ben Chapman played the creature out of water.

I've not seen this movie in years... I wonder if it's streaming anywhere...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.