Author Topic: Poor Diane  (Read 2341 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Poor Diane
« on: March 02, 2023, 11:54:31 PM »
Feinstein is in the hospital suffering from shingles.
{comment removed by moderator}  >:D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 10:25:55 AM by HeroHog »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Poor Diane
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 07:28:57 AM »
Tells me that she's really into Biden's Build Back Better...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 12:29:31 PM »
You can rest assured she is not a happy camper. She is 89, has dementia and is hospitalized with shingles. I don't really care how you feel she has done as a politician over the years or your personal animosity toward her I would not wish that combination on anyone. Depending on where the lesions are located and how extensive they can actually be life threatening to those over 80ish. YMMV

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 05:10:15 PM »
Agreed. I had shingles over Christmas in 2019 and Jesus did they absolutely SUCK.

Mine were under my arm on my ribs and around to my back, but I recognized what they were and got treatment for them fairly early so I'm guessing that they weren't nearly as bad as they could have been, but they still absolutely SUCKED.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 05:16:43 PM »
I had a case of shingles in late 2018 on my face and scalp. It was a pretty mild case and early treatment was effective but still very not fun.
And, while I would not wish such a thing on anyone it doesn't bother me much when an evil person gets afflicted with a irritating and painful ailment.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 05:20:28 PM »
Agreed. I had shingles over Christmas in 2019 and Jesus did they absolutely SUCK.

Mine were under my arm on my ribs and around to my back, but I recognized what they were and got treatment for them fairly early so I'm guessing that they weren't nearly as bad as they could have been, but they still absolutely SUCKED.

I am on prophylactic valacyclovir because after my second C19 shot (of original 2) I started having shingles outbreaks in one spot on my back. Even though I have had both shots for shingles they somehow decided to wake up. After doing some deep research, I am not alone having shingles following C19 vaccine. No more C19 shots for me, ever.

bob

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 04:06:11 PM »
I've had shingles 3 times starting in my EARLY 50s and the docs REFUSED to give me the shot till I hit 60! NOT FUN!

In the order I got them...

I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 04:11:18 PM »
PinkPigParts JUST finished these a few months back:

Back

Side

Chest

STILL suffering some aftereffects of it.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 04:13:36 PM »
A friend had them in his right eye. TERRIBLE what he went through and is STILL suffering from YEARS later.

Them and Kidney stones I would only reserve for the WORST of my enemies!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 04:56:09 PM »
When I had it on my face it was in my right eye just a little bit, ouch. I had phantom pain and spasms in the afflicted area for over a year after it cleared up.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 04:58:52 PM »
I got the Shingrex vaccine (2 shots spaced a couple of months apart) in 2021 . . . from looking at those pix, I sure hope the shingles vaccine is more effective than the covid shots.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »
When I had it on my face it was in my right eye just a little bit, ouch. I had phantom pain and spasms in the afflicted area for over a year after it cleared up.

I had the eye shingles. It was not fun.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 06:50:28 PM »
As soon as I recovered from my bout of shingles I got my first Shingrex vaccination.

A few days later I was one of the people who have a gout flare caused by the vaccination.

It lasted a few days and was miserable, but I didn't get it with the second vaccination.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 07:27:33 PM »
You can rest assured she is not a happy camper. She is 89, has dementia and is hospitalized with shingles.

The dementia part -- we know this?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 07:47:32 PM »
From what I have read in passing she makes SloJoe look like a great debater and orator.  =|

Just one of quite a few:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics/article/dianne-feinstein-senate-17079487.php

bob

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2023, 03:55:09 PM »
It is disappointing that my initial comment was removed with no explanation given as "thought-wise", it was along the lines of "an eye for an eye", or "quid pro quo".
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2023, 04:06:43 PM »
It is disappointing that my initial comment was removed with no explanation given as "thought-wise", it was along the lines of "an eye for an eye", or "quid pro quo".

I didn't edit it, but I'm guessing it was along the lines of finding it very poor taste to find pleasure in the physical suffering of another human being due to holding differing political opinions.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 05:03:51 PM »
I didn't edit it, but I'm guessing it was along the lines of finding it very poor taste to find pleasure in the physical suffering of another human being due to holding differing political opinions.

Considering what she and her ilk have done to this country and taxpayers, should not some "repercussions" be involved and appropriate?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 05:35:30 PM »

A differing political opinion is one thing, actively working to dismantle the US constitution is quite another.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2023, 01:34:46 PM »
A differing political opinion is one thing, actively working to dismantle the US constitution is quite another.

More like dismantle the country, and kill babies, but close enough.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 09:29:05 AM »
Stick a fork in her, she's done.
Bet her district would still reelect her though

Senator Dianne Feinstein sparked confusion during her first appearance in the Senate in close to three months by claiming she has been there the whole time.

'No, I've been here. I've been voting,' the 89-year-old told reporters on Tuesday when they asked how she was feeling and what her colleagues thought of her return. 'Please. You either know or don't know,' she confusingly added.

The California senator has been on an extended absence following a case of shingles. She returned last week in a wheelchair and said in a statement she's on doctor's orders to work a lighter schedule

'I've been here, I've been voting!' Concern grows for ailing Dem Senator Dianne Feinstein, 89, as she FORGETS about two-and-a-half-month shingles absence and insists she's been in Congress throughout
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12091833/Concern-grows-ailing-Dem-Senator-Dianne-Feinstein.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2023, 10:04:59 AM »
She looks *expletive deleted*ing *rough*.

Maybe we can lobby to get theses zombies we currently have to pass term limits before they die.  They may be more inclined to vote for something that will take effect after they croak.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2023, 10:34:34 AM »
She looks *expletive deleted*ing *rough*.

Maybe we can lobby to get theses zombies we currently have to pass term limits before they die.  They may be more inclined to vote for something that will take effect after they croak.

Yeah, looking at the recent photos, where the heck is her family to talk her into walking away to a peaceful existence for the few years she has left? Just as a fellow human being and not considering the political aspect, anyone should be able to, and want to, spend their last years strife-free. Even if some conservative who was doing miraculous things regarding constitutional freedoms were ill or old, I would never, as a fellow human, be mad at them or deny them the right to walk away and rest.

As to term limits, the fact that they are always DOA when someone introduces them (and both Rs and Ds have done so) tells you all you need to know about things in DC. I understand that there's a legitimate argument for, "But if someone is doing a great job (for your side), you don't want them termed out with someone milquetoast taking their place". Personally, I believe the benefits of term limits outweigh any negatives.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2023, 11:57:06 AM »
Stick a fork in her, she's done.
Bet her district would still reelect her though

'I've been here, I've been voting!' Concern grows for ailing Dem Senator Dianne Feinstein, 89, as she FORGETS about two-and-a-half-month shingles absence and insists she's been in Congress throughout
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12091833/Concern-grows-ailing-Dem-Senator-Dianne-Feinstein.html

They probably would re-elect her, but she's said she won't run again. (Not that she remembers anything she says, anymore.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2023, 12:13:55 PM »
Can you imagine a meeting with Feinstein, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris?
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama