Author Topic: ***** Possible ZSR ammo issue *****  (Read 833 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
***** Possible ZSR ammo issue *****
« on: March 05, 2023, 03:16:16 PM »
This popped up in my YT feed.
Guy is reporting of at least two guns (M1A & a ZASTAVA  M77) going kaboom while firing ZSR 7.62x51 M80 Lot # 015
So be aware

Another Report of a Gun EXPLODING at the Range. ZSR Ammo Was Used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ab-Obnq5E
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: ***** Possible ZSR ammo issue *****
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 03:47:05 PM »
During the Obama shortage quite a few kabooms happened with fly by night ammo brands and weird imports. I was at a carbine match when one blew. 

Personally to me I’d rather not shoot than buy sketchy ammunition
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 09:00:43 PM »
During the Obama shortage quite a few kabooms happened with fly by night ammo brands and weird imports. I was at a carbine match when one blew. 

Personally to me I’d rather not shoot than buy sketchy ammunition
Very true.

It used to be "Don't shoot ammo that comes from a country where you wouldn't drink the water."  (This was when a lot of Indian surplus was hitting our shores.)

Now it's "Don't shoot ammo from a brand you never heard of before this yesr."

And the thing is . . . you really don't save that much by buying that sketchy brand, as compared to lower tier (but established) ammo like CCI Blazer, Blazer Brass, S&B, etc.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 04:29:31 PM »
2 more kabooms with ammo from lot 15
Still no reply from ZSR on the matter

Lot 15 strikes again.  We are now up to FOUR rifles blowing up / exploding while using ZSR 7.62x51mm 147 grain ammo.  DO NOT SHOOT THIS AMMO IF IT IS IN YOUR POSSESSION.  There is a chance you can get injured or even killed.

FOUR GUNS DESTROYED WHILE USING THIS AMMO (ZSR 7.62x51- LOT 15)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHUdtaht9A
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 06:08:25 PM »
I imagine ZSR is panicking trying to figure out how to make this go away somehow. But the absolute radio silence from them is not a good look.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 11:41:50 AM »
Still haven't seen anything from ZSR which bugs the crap out me.

At least one sellers has put out a warning
https://imgbb.com/LhPTrVg

And offering refunds
https://ibb.co/nbrf25r
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 11:52:49 AM »
Galactic Force Media
Galactic Force Media
47 minutes ago (edited)
🚨 UPDATE 🚨🔫 💥

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY has reached out to me in regards to the M1A catastrophic failure incident.

They gave their final determination of exactly what happened.

There is an update video in the works.

As of this posting, ZSR Ammunition company has not reached out, and only a handful of US ammo distributors have actually put out a recall.

As of now there are SIX rifles that have been affected by ZSR LOT 15

Can’t wait to update everyone!

-Ant
galacticforcemedia@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkx3_J3qCJXTXNzs-BCmwlmdhlSBGuKcCob
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 02:14:12 PM »
He starts pulling bullets out of rounds from Lot 15
Powder loads in grains

ZSR Lot 15 Powder Weight Results (SIX Guns Now Destroyed?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNXtndStQbM

Can anyone who has loaded 7.62 NATO chime in here?
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023, 02:33:13 PM »
Not a lot you can say for sure without knowing what powder it is.  It's clearly a ball powder.  ~40gr is in the realm of sanity for M80 ball.

I will say that a 13gr swing on the powder charge is HUGE.  That's some crazy inaccuracy there.

One thing to note is that he may have been losing powder in the pulling process.  13gr is .8 of a gram, and the loaded cartridges were all within .1 of a gram before pulling.  So that's a discrepancy unless the heavy bullets were miraculously matched up with lower powder charge with 100% accuracy that much powder charge variation should have been detected in the initial weighing.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023, 02:59:31 PM »
I will say that a 13gr swing on the powder charge is HUGE.  That's some crazy inaccuracy there.

Highest gr weight (43) is a full 43 percent over the lowest (30). That isn't just huge, that's astronomical.

I'll take the easy way and presume the average of the above weights (37.31) is the correct powder charge. Max delta from average is 7.31 grains, a 19.6% deviation. I would have expected a 2-3% spread. Maybe even five if they're working with older or worn tooling. But twenty, especially on something so critical as propellant charge? That's not manufacturing error, that's incompetence.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023, 03:20:00 PM »
Highest gr weight (43) is a full 43 percent over the lowest (30). That isn't just huge, that's astronomical.

I'll take the easy way and presume the average of the above weights (37.31) is the correct powder charge. Max delta from average is 7.31 grains, a 19.6% deviation. I would have expected a 2-3% spread. Maybe even five if they're working with older or worn tooling. But twenty, especially on something so critical as propellant charge? That's not manufacturing error, that's incompetence.

Brad

Agreed, if that's the case.  But like I said, that much difference would have been detectable in the measurements before the bullets were pulled, and it wasn't.  Something is fishy with the measurements.  Which doesn't mean something isn't cad with that ammo too.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023, 03:49:09 PM »
Weight with the bullets only had a 0.1 variance in grams. (one was 0.2 though)

0.1 grams = 1.54 grains. Nowhere near the spread he was getting

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2023, 03:51:01 PM »
Right.  That's what I said.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2023, 03:55:29 PM »
Right.  That's what I said.

Yep, I just putting up the numbers
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 06:25:47 PM »
Would have been much better with a collet puller, esp if he could measure neck tension also.
I always suspected bullet setback under recoil. Only time I ever blew a case out it was setback. The unfired rounds below proved it. And it was my fault as I had backed out the crimp die and forgot to reset it.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2023, 09:16:31 PM »
I have more issues with bullets coming out under recoil then getting set back.  Some of my 1911s will give me bullet setback if I chamber a round a couple times.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 11:10:32 AM »
Measuring issues aside something is amiss

Galactic Force Media
Galactic Force Media
11 minutes ago
Here is a breakdown of CONFIRMED rifles that were destroyed while using ZSR 7.62x51 Lot 15:

Springfield M1A Socom
Springfield M1A Socom
Zastava M77
PTR 91
*Barrett MRAD
*Remington 700

*still waiting on statements and photos of these rifles from their respective owners.

We also had a company reach out to us who said they had a total of four customers whose rifles have been destroyed using this ammo. Waiting on those customers to reach out to us.

If you have been a victim of ZSR 7.62x51 LOT 15, PLEASE REACH OUT TO US by emailing GalacticForceMedia@gmail.com
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxLGlEweShc_K2S1f5DEpe_W8Vd1hgOBVv
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2023, 01:29:08 PM »
Awful expensive rifles to be chancing with sketchy ammo.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2023, 03:44:11 PM »
Awful expensive rifles to be chancing with sketchy ammo.
Yeah, only old South African surplus for me.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2023, 08:48:12 PM »
Galactic Force Media
Galactic Force Media
3 hours ago
Well folks, it finally happened.

I was contacted by a user of ZSR 7.62x51 LOT 15 who not only had a catastrophic failure of their rifle, but sustained injuries to the point they had to be AIRLIFTED TO THE HOSPITAL.

At the moment I am only able to report this much, as I am waiting on more info.  Please standby.
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxpoW534MRROm3Bv7xWNlI2TyzUOGHm-Ah
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 09:50:09 AM »
ZSR still has not put out a recall notice.

They will "recall" your ammo IF YOU "inquired" them about it. So in other words unless anyone who doesn't know about this through internet chatter is screwed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUNbMTetTA&lc=Ugy_kHFA-eVRHzWWx8J4AaABAg.9qiXOCkpv5N9qjpiXOTAKg

Not a company I want to ever do business with
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »
. . . Not a company I want to ever do business with
Wouldn't surprise me if they dissolve the company so people who sue (in Turkish court, of course) won't be able to seize any assets.

The company that buys their facility will be a different company, operating under a different name, probably different corporate officers, but still using the same machinery - possibly leased - in the same rented facility. The ammunition will have different headstamps and different packaging, but the same experienced workforce will remain on the job. But the new company - being new - will be essentially untouchable for anything ZSR did.

In other words, they'll probably model their business on the regular practices of those in China who have problems with overseas customers and competitors, but maybe the Turkish courts won't be quite so one sided as the Chicom courts.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain