Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 62092 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #950 on: March 21, 2024, 09:28:37 AM »
The True Believers tm , of which I'm sure Don Lemon is one, will tell you that the standardized tests have incorporated systemic racisim in them so the "lower" scores of minorities are not in fact indicative of lower competence, intelligence, or whatever is being tested, but rather they are a testament to how deeply the racisim is embedded in our society.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #951 on: March 21, 2024, 09:49:47 AM »
Many years ago back when Richard J. Daley was still mayor of Chicago, someone decided that the Chicago Police Department's written police entrance exam was racist since too many black applicants were failing, and ordered a new one created. They did do it (the new authors were mostly black officers) and it was approved and applauded. A police captain - a white guy - administered the written exam to his 11 year old daughter.

She not only passed it - but aced it.

Damn racist.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 11:52:39 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #952 on: March 22, 2024, 08:06:57 AM »
Nothing to see here because, you know, you can't be racist against white people

End Wokeness
@EndWokeness
Kraft Sports lists qualifications needed to be hired as sports management associate.

The top requirement? You can't be white.

A blatant violation of the Civil Rights Act.
https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1770563520804896994

Is Mark Cuban in Charge There Too? Kraft Sports Publicly Posts Illegal Hiring Qualifications
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/03/22/is-mark-cuban-in-charge-there-too-kraft-sports-publicly-posts-illegal-hiring-qualifications-n2394207
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #953 on: March 24, 2024, 05:42:24 PM »
Shakespeare
Not the first time but this one steps it up a bit more

To be racist or not to be racist

The “disproportionate representation” of William Shakespeare in the theatre has propagated “white, able-bodied, heterosexual, cisgender male narratives”, according to researchers in an £800,000 taxpayer-funded project.

The claim has prompted critics to accuse the Arts and Humanities Research Council, which has funded the study by academics at the University of Roehampton, of promoting “cultural clickbait”.

The project, devoted to “centring marginalised communities in the contemporary performance of early modern plays”, is due to be completed in two years’ time.

The researchers want to challenge the “normative trend” in “classical theatre” arising from “the disproportionate representation of William Shakespeare in scholarship and performance”.

'The Lady Doth Protest Too Much, Methinks': Telegraph Writer's HOT Take on Shakespeare Gets Skewered
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/03/24/shakespeare-too-white-telegraph-n2394325
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #954 on: March 24, 2024, 10:50:05 PM »
The “disproportionate representation” of William Shakespeare in the theatre has propagated “white, able-bodied, heterosexual, cisgender male narratives”, according to researchers in an £800,000 taxpayer-funded project.

I already liked Shakespeare. You don't have to sell him to me.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #955 on: March 24, 2024, 11:27:33 PM »
I already liked Shakespeare. You don't have to sell him to me.
I never liked Shakespeare, probably because of high school English teachers who force fed him (along with other crapola) to the class.

Although one of my favorite movies - Forbidden Planet - was loosely based on The Tempest. (Of course, it was full of white people, so . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #956 on: March 24, 2024, 11:32:10 PM »
Many years ago back when Richard J. Daley was still mayor of Chicago, someone decided that the Chicago Police Department's written police entrance exam was racist since too many black applicants were failing, and ordered a new one created. They did do it (the new authors were mostly black officers) and it was approved and applauded. A police captain - a white guy - administered the written exam to his 11 year old daughter.

She not only passed it - but aced it.

Damn racist.

In other words, a "brain dead moron" could pass the new test.
There was a radio DJ in the St. Louis area that got in trouble for bringing up a NYC case where an applicant did well on the test but wasn't hired as he was "too intelligent" according to the testers.  They didn't want to pay for all that training only to have him become disillusioned and resign.  The DJ pointed out that most PDs were looking for people whose IQ rating was about 105 - barely average.

Is it any wonder the cops can't seem to solve anything?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #957 on: March 24, 2024, 11:59:13 PM »
I never liked Shakespeare, probably because of high school English teachers who force fed him (along with other crapola) to the class.

Although one of my favorite movies - Forbidden Planet - was loosely based on The Tempest. (Of course, it was full of white people, so . . . )

If you want to start liking Shakespeare, you might try some of film adaptations, or go see the plays actually performed. Then again, they can take 2-3 hours, so...

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #958 on: March 25, 2024, 08:39:35 AM »
Marriage

Marriage promotes 'White supremacy,' according to White university professor
'Marriage fundamentalism, like structural racism, is a key structuring element of White heteropatriarchal supremacy,' professor say
https://www.foxnews.com/media/marriage-promotes-white-supremacy-university-professor

The article
I got a headache one paragraph in so had to stop reading

Theorizing White heteropatriarchal supremacy, marriage fundamentalism, and the mechanisms that maintain family inequality
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jomf.12971
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #959 on: March 25, 2024, 08:43:25 AM »
And this popped up in a google search for the above

You can fight white supremacy by having a same sex marriage!

Same-SexSame-Sex Loving:Subverting White Supremacy Through Same-:Subverting White Supremacy Through Same-Sex MarriageSex Marriage
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1099&context=mjrl

I need something stronger in my coffee this morning

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #960 on: March 25, 2024, 08:54:08 AM »
And this popped up in a google search for the above

You can fight white supremacy by having a same sex marriage!

Same-SexSame-Sex Loving:Subverting White Supremacy Through Same-:Subverting White Supremacy Through Same-Sex MarriageSex Marriage
https://repository.law.umich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1099&context=mjrl

I need something stronger in my coffee this morning

lol

Fight the fake threat with a fake marriage. Makes sense, I guess?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #961 on: March 25, 2024, 09:09:22 AM »
lol

Fight the fake threat with a fake marriage. Makes sense, I guess?

Fighting fake problems with fake solutions is wokeness in a nutshell.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #962 on: March 26, 2024, 12:24:07 AM »
We're all racists now. (wait for the second verse)

https://youtu.be/LsbRrTULpgA?si=x1OYDCRAglSKQncC

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #963 on: March 26, 2024, 11:16:01 AM »
Bridges
Because according to Pete Buttigie many were built too low to allow buses of mostly black and Puerto Rican children to pass under them.
I guess buses carrying mostly white children have some sort of white privileged superpower to allow them to go under.

Not sure if he was saying this before or after the Baltimore bridges collapse

Racist Bridges? WAT? Pete Buttigieg Focused on REAL Transportation Issues Facing This Country (Watch)
https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1772610365114720437
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 11:36:39 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #964 on: March 26, 2024, 01:55:40 PM »
That's a longstanding urban legend that's probably true. Everyone knows Robert Moses was blatantly racist, and everyone knows he made racist decisions. And it's a fact that the Staten Island bridges are built lower than similar bridges. But did he specifically build them lower because he was racist? You'll never prove it, but there's no reason to doubt it.

What I don't understand is why people would get upset about the bridges and not about destroying entire black neighborhoods, which is way worse and also not disputed. Actually I do... it's because everything you see in the media is a smokescreen for something else, always.

"He was the most racist human being I had ever really encountered."

--Robert Caro on Robert Moses
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #965 on: March 26, 2024, 10:57:56 PM »
Marriage

Marriage promotes 'White supremacy,' according to White university professor
'Marriage fundamentalism, like structural racism, is a key structuring element of White heteropatriarchal supremacy,' professor say
https://www.foxnews.com/media/marriage-promotes-white-supremacy-university-professor

To quote the article:

The professor explained in the article that she is "a White, cisgender woman … currently living with my partner and co-raising our children in a committed heterosexual union outside the institution of marriage."

There are a couple of descriptive names that come to mind about a female doing that and neither one are "polite".  Those two names are "tramp" or "whore".  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2024, 12:06:57 PM »
To quote the article:

There are a couple of descriptive names that come to mind about a female doing that and neither one are "polite".  Those two names are "tramp" or "whore".  >:D

Tramps and whores are not known for commitment, or even the half-commitment she describes. I think the term you're looking for is "common law wife."