Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 25399 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2023, 07:38:16 PM »
I was already tired of lefties meddling in Republican nomination contests. I didn't know I could be more tired.

From everything I'm seeing, the lefties badly want Trump to win the primaries. I guess they figure this will fire up his base?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2023, 07:48:54 PM »
From everything I'm seeing, the lefties badly want Trump to win the primaries. I guess they figure this will fire up his base?

IIRC that was their strategy in 2016
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2023, 08:00:59 PM »
Bet he won't get a no cash bail
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2023, 08:08:02 PM »
We are already headed over the edge. I want to see a redstate AG take down Holder and Obama for Fast and Furious and then lets just take out the sitting president and vice president for the southern border. Let's burn it all down. SMOD is too slow.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2023, 08:36:56 PM »
We are already headed over the edge. I want to see a redstate AG take down Holder and Obama for Fast and Furious and then lets just take out the sitting president and vice president for the southern border. Let's burn it all down. SMOD is too slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm1p9mE9RBw
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2023, 09:08:51 PM »
Former President Donald Trump faces more than 30 counts related to business fraud in an indictment from a Manhattan grand jury, according to two sources familiar with the case.

Earlier Thursday, a spokesperson for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said the office has contacted Trump's attorney to "coordinate his surrender" for arraignment on "a Supreme Court indictment, which remains under seal."

"Guidance will be provided when the arraignment date is selected," it added.

Trump will likely appear in court early next week, his defense attorney said.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-indictment-hush-money-stormy-daniels/index.html

I think they'll drag this out all the way through the election.
- Calvin and Hobbes

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2023, 10:23:16 PM »

If I were a Dem/lib, I'd be seriously concerned right now. If I were the Biden family, I'd be terrified. What Bragg has done is establish the precedent of indicting a former POTUS for criminal activity prior to holding office. Once Biden is out of office, a conservative prosecutor could easily Hunter Biden Laptop data, deep-dip it in this new precedent, and have a far better chance at an actual conviction than Bragg does with Trump.

Brad

What this has established is that the transfer of power is extremely dangerous - the peaceful transition is supported by the idea we do not persecute the loser- when that goes away, why would the loser volunteer to be at grave risk? If they arrest Trump and put him in jail, there is a serious chance he will never leave- this is a gamechanger. There is now no reason for any president to step down, save by force.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2023, 10:23:45 PM »
An arraignment on a "Supreme Court indictment"?  Surely it doesn't have anything to do with the SCOTUS?  A DDG search only brings up Trump indictment stuff.  It must be bad journalisming.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2023, 10:53:45 PM »
^^^No. In New York state, a Supreme court is the highest-level trial court that hears criminal and civil cases.  It is not an appellate court.  The highest-level appellate court in New York is called the Court of Appeals.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2023, 10:54:55 PM »
  What this has established is that the transfer of power is extremely dangerous - the peaceful transition is supported by the idea we do not persecute the loser- when that goes away, why would the loser volunteer to be at grave risk? If they arrest Trump and put him in jail, there is a serious chance he will never leave- this is a gamechanger. There is now no reason for any president to step down, save by force.

Welcome to Amerika, richest third world country on the planet.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2023, 01:27:52 AM »
Welcome to Amerika, richest most indebted third world country on the planet.
changed it for you.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2023, 08:05:48 AM »
I just read that DeSantis said that Florida will not participate in any un-American extradition. Molon Trumpe.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2023, 10:10:54 AM »

I also suspect this is a ploy of the left to make Trump the candidate again, which he will probably lose again.

Maybe that is giving them too much credit.  But, intentional or not, I think that is going to be the result.

It would be nice if the Trump loyalist realized how miserably unelectable he is.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2023, 10:17:03 AM »
Time to warm up the popcorn machine!  [popcorn]

Woody :old:
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2023, 10:39:15 AM »
I also suspect this is a ploy of the left to make Trump the candidate again, which he will probably lose again.

Especially now, as they could care less about any justifiable charges against him. The #1 thing they want is the booking mugshot, which will be on display all the way to NOV2024. They get that mugshot for life, even if he's found innocent.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »
It would be nice if the Trump loyalist realized how miserably unelectable he is.

The problem is that if he doesn't get the nomination, he seems quite willing to burn it all down either by running 3rd party or just lobbing bombs from the sidelines. I don't think Trump has a very good shot at winning another general election, but neither does any other republican if Trump is still around running his mouth.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2023, 11:51:05 AM »
Especially now, as they could care less about any justifiable charges against him. The #1 thing they want is the booking mugshot, which will be on display all the way to NOV2024. They get that mugshot for life, even if he's found innocent.

Been thinkin' about that mugshot. If he's smart enough, he'll put on a big smile. After all, that picture is going to be part of his campaign literature.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2023, 11:51:45 AM »
I agree, Dittohead.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2023, 11:52:45 AM »
Been thinkin' about that mugshot. If he's smart enough, he'll put on a big smile. After all, that picture is going to be part of his campaign literature.

I will certainly give Trump props if he can 4D chess that thing.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2023, 11:53:26 AM »

That is a very good point.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2023, 11:55:05 AM »
That's not how it's suppose to work Nancy

The Grand Jury has acted upon the facts and the law.

No one is above the law, and everyone has the right to a trial to prove innocence.

Hopefully, the former President will peacefully respect the system, which grants him that right.

— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) March 31, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/31/nancy-pelosi-accidentally-gives-the-whole-vile-plan-away-in-tweet-about-trumps-indictment/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #122 on: March 31, 2023, 11:55:53 AM »
I will certainly give Trump props if he can 4D chess that thing.

Double points if he's wearing a MAGA hat. I presume there are rules against headwear for a mug shot, but he's a president, after all. He could probably get away with it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #123 on: March 31, 2023, 11:56:50 AM »
Double points if he's wearing a MAGA hat. I presume there are rules against headwear for a mug shot, but he's a president, after all. He could probably get away with it.

I'm sure someone will photoshop one in.
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #124 on: March 31, 2023, 12:13:26 PM »

I think it was Tom Delay that put on a huge smile for his mugshot, and wore a lapel pin that had some meaning as I recall.  Trump would do well if he did something similar.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna9771955