Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 26577 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2023, 01:06:30 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2023, 02:01:07 PM »
Been thinkin' about that mugshot. If he's smart enough, he'll put on a big smile. After all, that picture is going to be part of his campaign literature.

Governor of Texas (Rick Perry, I think) dressed up in a nice suit, hair combed, and a smile for his mugshot.  It was an awesome pic that he's probably proud of.  Trump should do the same if he's allowed to.
"It's good, though..."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2023, 02:03:23 PM »

Maybe but I don't think so.  The lighting on the chic's face is wrong, and she looks like the one that was banging her whole dept.
"It's good, though..."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2023, 02:49:36 PM »
Maybe but I don't think so.  The lighting on the chic's face is wrong, and she looks like the one that was banging her whole dept.

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2023, 03:17:22 PM »

Well, she does get around..... bada bing.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2023, 08:02:28 AM »
No mug shot, apparently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/03/31/trump-indicted-ny-grand-jury.html

Thinking about potential 4D chess moves, I wonder what would happen if Trump demanded the mugshot and handcuffs, with the argument that it would be done to an ordinary citizen?

My tinfoil self is telling me that they are skipping the mugshot for the very reason some of you pointed out: That it would actually be more positive for Trump than for the deep state.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2023, 08:56:52 AM »
I can see it being a good move for Trump to insist on cuffs and a mug shot, and for him to smile and happily cooperate all the way through.  It would completely deflate what that DA and his Dem bosses are trying to accomplish with the arrest.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2023, 09:04:20 AM »
 [tinfoil] The dems just want to get him where they have complete control over cameras and potential witnesses, a NYC jail house.  [tinfoil]

Donald Trump did not kill himself

[tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil] [tinfoil]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 09:52:36 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2023, 01:13:36 PM »
 Trump can't be cuffed, he has a secret service detail.  Even if he has to spend the night or month in jail he will still have secret service agents as bodyguards - they will have guns
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2023, 01:27:24 PM »
I figured today was a good day for my Ultra MAGA t shirt.

Funny thing about Trump being indicted, but not Mrs. Clinton or any of the Bidens. Maybe that tells you who's really fighting fascism....

(Not sure Trump is fighting fascism. Seems like he's mostly crabbing at the governor, but you know what I mean.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #135 on: April 02, 2023, 02:34:42 PM »
The actual indictment is still sealed but, apparently, he's being indicted under criminal laws for paying Stormy Daniels hush money about an affair that he claims never happened.

What criminal laws does that violate? It seems to me that this boils down to a contractual agreement between Trump and Daniels (which I believe she has since violated). How is it any different from corporate non-disclosure agreements, except that this one was agreed to after the date of the alleged incident rather than before?

Disclaimer: IMHO Trump is lying. I think he probably did have a fling with Ms. Daniels. If true, that was a scurrilous thing to do, but on a personal level Trump is a scurrilous human being, so no surprise there. I just don't see how any of it gives rise to a massive grand jury investigation and criminal indictment.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #136 on: April 02, 2023, 02:40:52 PM »
The actual indictment is still sealed but, apparently, he's being indicted under criminal laws for paying Stormy Daniels hush money about an affair that he claims never happened.

They are claiming 30 separate charges if I understand the news reports correctly. I can't for the life of me figure out how they could all be related to the hooker. Maybe they're throwing in jaywalking and littering.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #137 on: April 02, 2023, 03:44:33 PM »
If the charge involving Daniels is the only one we're hearing about the other charges must really be nit-picking.  Probably going to be a whole lot of WTF is that DA thinking!? when they're disclosed.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #138 on: April 02, 2023, 04:05:57 PM »
If the charge involving Daniels is the only one we're hearing about the other charges must really be nit-picking.  Probably going to be a whole lot of WTF is that DA thinking!? when they're disclosed.

This story says "document fraud" charges related to the hooker. Some stories say "counts" and some say "charges". I don't know the legal difference.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-arrested-news-updates-indictment-counts-new-york-rcna77595

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »
The latest that I heard on the teevee this morning:

The mugshot is back on. No handcuffs. It appears the judge is planning to issue a gag order so Trump can't talk about it.

At the same time this is going on, Secret Service agents have been called to DC to testify regarding Trump's handling of classified docs at Mar a Logo. No word on Brandon's garage.

Yup, totally no Third World politics to be seen here.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2023, 09:52:31 AM »
Trump should insist on a mugshot and handcuffs.

And he should be shouting the "They are really after you, I'm just in the way!" the entire time.

I kind of think the left is just doing this to ensure he gets nominated again... to lose again.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2023, 09:59:02 AM »
I kind of think the left is just doing this to ensure he gets nominated again... to lose again.

They are saying this out loud now. It's exactly what they want.

I have to say that I'm surprised that Trump is far, far ahead in all primary polls. I mean, it's very early yet, and DeSantis hasn't officially entered the race, but I would have at leas thought the Trump/DeSantis race would be much closer, and actually that DeSantis would be in the lead.

I saw that Asa Hutchison has just entered the race. If DeSantis doesn't run, and Trump is only running against "background candidates" like that, he will at this point absolutely walk away with the nomination.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 10:37:00 AM by Ben »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2023, 10:01:48 AM »
 CNN Poll: Majority of Americans approve of Trump indictment
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/03/politics/cnn-poll-trump-indictment/index.html

Sixty percent of Americans approve of the indictment of former President Donald Trump, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS following the news that a New York grand jury voted to charge him in connection with hush money payments made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels. About three-quarters of Americans say politics played at least some role in the decision to indict Trump, including 52% who said it played a major role.

Independents largely line up in support of the indictment – 62% approve of it and 38% disapprove. Democrats are near universal in their support for the indictment (94% approve, including 71% who strongly approve of the indictment), with Republicans less unified in opposition (79% disapprove, with 54% strongly disapproving).

94% Ds approve while 79% of Rs disapprove according to CNN.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2023, 10:04:26 AM »
CNN Poll: Majority of Americans approve of Trump indictment
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/03/politics/cnn-poll-trump-indictment/index.html

I can't remember where I saw it, but yesterday saw a similar poll, except the numbers were almost exactly flipped, with a large majority of independents being against it.

CNN must have done their survey on reddit or something.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2023, 10:05:59 AM »
I can't remember where I saw it, but yesterday saw a similar poll, except the numbers were almost exactly flipped, with a large majority of independents being against it.

CNN must have done their survey on reddit or something.

Polled their staff
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2023, 10:18:55 AM »
Meanwhile this DA has a history of letting murderers walk and trying to charge people who defended themselves with murder.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2023, 10:40:30 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2023, 10:47:06 AM »
It's Republicans who have "weaponized" this.  ;/

Come on, man.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/03/jen-psaki-explains-how-trump-desantis-and-other-gopers-have-weaponized-alvin-braggs-indictment/

Standard practice at MSNBC is to report the exact opposite of what's really happening
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2023, 10:52:07 AM »
I wonder how many Democrats think he's being arrested for something to do with 6 Jan.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2023, 10:54:51 AM »
This story says "document fraud" charges related to the hooker. Some stories say "counts" and some say "charges". I don't know the legal difference.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/trump-arrested-news-updates-indictment-counts-new-york-rcna77595

My understanding is that Trump used campaign money to give to Stormy or used his own money but got reimbursed by his campaign.  Something like that.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?