Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 26552 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2023, 01:26:42 PM »
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered adult film actress Stormy Daniels to pay former President Donald Trump almost $122,000 in legal fees, stemming from a defamation lawsuit she filed in 2018 against Trump that was later dismissed.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/appeals-court-orders-stormy-daniels-to-pay-trump-almost-122000-in-legal-fees_5172923.html
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2023, 01:50:33 PM »
There shouldn't.

Though a President Sears would be much preferable to whatever it is we have at present...

And why do you think there shouldn't be a female US President?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2023, 01:53:54 PM »
What if Biden announced he was now identifying as a woman? Would they count him as the first woman president?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2023, 02:17:39 PM »
The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered adult film actress Stormy Daniels to pay former President Donald Trump almost $122,000 in legal fees, stemming from a defamation lawsuit she filed in 2018 against Trump that was later dismissed.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/appeals-court-orders-stormy-daniels-to-pay-trump-almost-122000-in-legal-fees_5172923.html

Isn't that pretty much all the money she received to start this whole saga?

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2023, 02:50:51 PM »

Isn't that pretty much all the money she received to start this whole saga?

I'm sure the publicity has helped her ... ahem ... career in other ways.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2023, 02:54:41 PM »

Even if a woman was elected as President does mean we'd end up with a "First Gentleman"

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2023, 03:50:24 PM »

The same reason we shouldn’t have female governors, senators, tank crews, or combat pilots. “Smashing the patriarchy” is (part of) what got us into this mess. We need more of traditional gender roles; not less.

That being said, I would certainly vote for a President Nikki Haley or Winsome Sears over a Gavin Newsom.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2023, 03:55:20 PM »

The same reason we shouldn’t have female governors, senators

I won't go that far, plenty of quite capable Queens, Empresses, Tsarinas, etc... throughout history
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2023, 03:58:53 PM »
I won't go that far, plenty of quite capable Queens, Empresses, Tsarinas, etc... throughout history

Competence is not the issue. Plenty of single women have raised children on their own, and done a good job of it. Should they have been put in that position? No.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2023, 04:09:06 PM »

And they’ve been on average more warmongering than kings and other male heads of state. 

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2023, 07:31:58 PM »
It's Trump's fault the DA is embarrassing himself
I need a drink

Professor: Donald Trump is to blame for Alvin Bragg’s ‘legal embarrassment’ of an indictment
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/04/05/professor-donald-trump-is-to-blame-for-alvin-braggs-legal-embarrassment-of-an-indictment/

- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2023, 09:23:16 PM »
Competence is not the issue. Plenty of single women have raised children on their own, and done a good job of it. Should they have been put in that position? No.

Apples to Oranges. Child rearing is a two (or more) person endeavor, so of course a single Mom is sub optimal. So is a single Dad.  There's nothing inherent in the role of executive (PM, president,  monarch, whatever) that makes the exclusive domain of males.  Even if one wanted to argue that the personality traits that make a good leader are predominantly found in males there are plenty of qualifying females in a population as large as ours. Even several SDs out the bell curve is a lot of individuals in a population of 330 million.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2023, 09:53:10 PM »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2023, 11:33:13 PM »
Apples to Oranges. Child rearing is a two (or more) person endeavor, so of course a single Mom is sub optimal. So is a single Dad.  There's nothing inherent in the role of executive (PM, president,  monarch, whatever) that makes the exclusive domain of males.  Even if one wanted to argue that the personality traits that make a good leader are predominantly found in males there are plenty of qualifying females in a population as large as ours. Even several SDs out the bell curve is a lot of individuals in a population of 330 million.

As I said, it's not about competence. It's about right and wrong. Women are capable of leading (or fighting), but men should be doing that. We're failing them. They're filling in for us, when they shouldn't have to.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2023, 11:51:24 PM »
As I said, it's not about competence. It's about right and wrong. Women are capable of leading (or fighting), but men should be doing that. We're failing them. They're filling in for us, when they shouldn't have to.

Deborah never should have been judge over Israel.  God made her a judge because the men weren't doing the job; it was an indictment against them.  (I don't remember if she did a good job or not, that's not the point; now I need to go read the book of Judges again)

I'm not sure how much that is still relevant today.  It's not totally irrelevant, though.
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #215 on: April 05, 2023, 11:56:50 PM »

The main argument against women’s suffrage was because they weren’t subject to the draft they didn’t earn the right to vote.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2023, 12:26:14 AM »
Even if a woman was elected as President does mean we'd end up with a "First Gentleman"

What if the first woman to be elected President is a lesbian, with a female spouse? Then we'd have a woman as President, and we'd still have a "First Lady."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2023, 12:28:43 AM »
Interesting take on the indictment from Ann Coulter: https://thespectator.com/topic/republicans-played-donald-trump-nomination/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2023, 08:27:58 AM »
I was asked that question in a diversity class at work a long time ago. My answer then was "Jeane Kirkpatrick doesn't want the job, Margaret Thatcher isn't eligible for the job, and Golda Meir is dead." 

The diversity facilitator was not pleased . . . I expected that, which was pretty much why I gave the answer I did.    :rofl:

I can think of multiple U.S. women today I would much rather see in the Oval Office than Brandon. (Kamala Harris isn't one of them.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2023, 09:09:17 AM »
REVEALED: The progressive daughter of judge presiding over Donald Trump's hush money case in Manhattan who worked for Kamala Harris and Joe Biden - and is swirling speculation of bias against the ex-president
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11938591/Daughter-judge-presiding-Trumps-hush-money-case-worked-Kamala-Joe-Biden.html

Loren Merchan, the 34-year-old daughter of the Manhattan judge, is partner and president of Authentic Campaigns, a progressive digital firm, and worked on several high-profile Democratic campaigns – including for President Joe Biden.

No bias here.

They showed Trump social media posts that were in all caps.  I love how they quoted that in the article and left it in all caps.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2023, 09:11:13 AM »
"speculation "
Think we were pass the speculation stage a long time ago.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2023, 09:11:20 AM »
Judge in Donald Trump Case Gets Dozens of Threats After Indictment
https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-in-donald-trump-case-gets-dozens-of-threats-after-indictment

Of course, the "threats" weren't quoted or shown.  I am getting tired of that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2023, 09:37:54 AM »
Judge in Donald Trump Case Gets Dozens of Threats After Indictment
https://www.thedailybeast.com/judge-in-donald-trump-case-gets-dozens-of-threats-after-indictment

Of course, the "threats" weren't quoted or shown.  I am getting tired of that.
Wonder how many of these supposed threats actually came from Antifa/BLM/DNC operatives and supporters pretending to be ultra super duper MAGA Republicans. I wouldn't even rule out some of the 51 intelligence professionals who signed a statement that the Hunter Biden laptop was likely Russian disinformation.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2023, 10:04:25 AM »
I also wouldn’t rule out some of those threats being that he better make sure Trump goes down, or else.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22:12 AM »
Almost every pundit/commentator on the right that I have heard address the subject has said they get death threats pretty regular.  Most just accept it as part of the job and report them occasionally.  I wouldn't be surprised if the judge has received death threats for years and they just decide to highlight it now.

I imagine law enforcement could track down who is doing it and prosecute them if they cared to do it. 

Just like law enforcement could track down all the SWAT'ing calls if they cared to do it.  Unless someone dies, they don't seem to put any effort into it.