Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 26520 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2023, 08:19:45 AM »
They found Trump's docs after Obama left office. They found Trump's docs after Benghazi. They found Trump's docs after the Bidens made trips to China and Ukraine. You could write a book about all the stuff that happened before they found Trump's docs.

Does tinfoil cause hair loss, asking for a friend.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2023, 08:22:28 AM »
Does tinfoil cause hair loss, asking for a friend.

Weak.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2023, 08:37:13 AM »
Weak.

Whatever

Sorry that your poster boy is going down. Sorry all folks can say is "what about them".

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2023, 08:51:02 AM »
No, my point is with Trump having his days in court, that finally those who are above the law are no longer above the law.
Trump is a jackass and I have no doubt he has broken laws, but do you really think that him being indicted is a sign that "those who are above the law are no longer above the law"?  Because I don't think you believe that.  I think you believe that those you hate aren't above the law, which is good enough for you.

Clintons were/are in the past now.
So if Trump retired from public life tomorrow would you support these charges against him being dismissed?

Supporters not are going to go after their members (turn a blind eye), so that's why I said perhaps the opposition wasn't smart enough or prepared enough to go after them.
Yeah, I understand that people like to use their authority to go after their opposition and not after their own people, but again that is not in any way a sign of the evenhanded application of law you claim that Trump's indictment indicates.  That's a sign that people with power are going to prosecute their enemies to whatever degree they can or will.

I mean the left really thought Trump was going down over the Russian collusion, pretty much at the same level as the right thought Hillary was going down over the email server. Replace a few words and much of the same repeating sound bites were used. "Quid Pro Quo" or "Homebrewed server under the stairs", I think we all got tired of hearing that.
Since you want to draw a comparison between the two, the Mueller investigation took 22 months and cost $32 million, was largely based on documents cooked up by Clinton's campaign, and didn't find evidence of wrongdoing. 
The Hillary investigation took 12 months, was initiated because Clinton didn't comply with the Federal Records act, found evidence of criminal wrongdoing, and shrugged it off.

I never assumed Hillary would face repercussions for either her mishandling of classified information or any other crimes, but then again I'm also not strutting around claiming that now that Trump is indicted things are totally fair and aboveboard and no one is above the law.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2023, 09:16:12 AM »
Trump is a jackass and I have no doubt he has broken laws, but do you really think that him being indicted is a sign that "those who are above the law are no longer above the law"?  Because I don't think you believe that.  I think you believe that those you hate aren't above the law, which is good enough for you.
So if Trump retired from public life tomorrow would you support these charges against him being dismissed?
Yeah, I understand that people like to use their authority to go after their opposition and not after their own people, but again that is not in any way a sign of the evenhanded application of law you claim that Trump's indictment indicates.  That's a sign that people with power are going to prosecute their enemies to whatever degree they can or will.
Since you want to draw a comparison between the two, the Mueller investigation took 22 months and cost $32 million, was largely based on documents cooked up by Clinton's campaign, and didn't find evidence of wrongdoing. 
The Hillary investigation took 12 months, was initiated because Clinton didn't comply with the Federal Records act, found evidence of criminal wrongdoing, and shrugged it off.

I never assumed Hillary would face repercussions for either her mishandling of classified information or any other crimes, but then again I'm also not strutting around claiming that now that Trump is indicted things are totally fair and aboveboard and no one is above the law.

I'd be fine if something else came up involving the Clintons that started another investigation or new evidence from the past. Trump pretty much has been untouchable until resent, and he may still remain untouchable if is found not guilty or acquitted. His "untouchableness" may fall, and I'm saying that this could be a catalyst that brings down other untouchable people.

I'm fine going after any retired politician, no matter how much time has passed since they stepped out of public life.

Time on an investigation really shouldn't be a meter of how well the investigation was run. Mueller even said in a nutshell (if I recall correctly) there was something there but really can't do anything about it. Comey in his offical report cleared Clinton of mishandling classified data if I recall correctly. Clinton and Trump both didn't want to play ball in the investigations, like most politicians seem to do.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #280 on: June 09, 2023, 09:17:03 AM »
Whatever

Sorry that your poster boy is going down. Sorry all folks can say is "what about them".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm voting for either DeSantis or Ramaswamy in the primary.

Trump IS a poster boy though. He is the poster boy for Everyman. We're seeing what happens to anyone who isn't part of the establishment. So it's funny that you as a guy who's always railing against the "uniparty", is so joyous about what the uniparty is doing to anyone who rocks their boat.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #281 on: June 09, 2023, 09:31:09 AM »
... I'm saying that this could be a catalyst that brings down other untouchable people.
This is way, way less rational than the people who thought that the email server was going to take down Clinton or that the Mueller hoax was going to take down Trump.

I'm fine going after any retired politician, no matter how much time has passed since they stepped out of public life.
In that case I'm not sure why it was relevant that the Clintons were/are in the past now.

Mueller even said in a nutshell (if I recall correctly) there was something there but really can't do anything about it. Comey in his offical report cleared Clinton of mishandling classified data if I recall correctly.
1. The Mueller report did not establish any Trump campaign conspiracy with Russia.  There were cases where Mueller said that Trump  might or might not have obstructed justice.  "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."
2. No, Clinton was not cleared of mishandling classified information.  She was found to have mishandled classified information in a way that violates US law on a number of occasions, but the FBI didn't recommend charges for the crimes they found because they couldn't prove it was intentional ... even though - as I understand it - intention is not relevant to the crime.

But sure, maybe if they nail Trump then the rest of the corrupt politicians will go to jail.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #282 on: June 09, 2023, 09:38:12 AM »
In that case I'm not sure why it was relevant that the Clintons were/are in the past now.

It was related to the whole "what about them" retort when their champion is being investigated. Seems to be the standard reply of Trump supporters.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #283 on: June 09, 2023, 09:56:23 AM »
Instead of thinking that way, think that now finally no elected official is above the law and it is time for people to start proceeding for the above forementioned people.

If Trump is guilty of mishandling documents, I don't mind him getting in trouble over it... but your assertion is not accurate.

When is Biden going to be arrested for keeping classified documents from his VP days in his garage?

The "rule of law" in the federal government is that Republicans are prosecuted vigorously for real or imagined offenses, when the left gets off scott free, no matter what they do.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #284 on: June 09, 2023, 10:37:07 AM »
Charby seems to have a fairly cherished notion of being a moderate, and objects to both “extremes”.  Thing is, the left has gone soooooo far left that what used to be fairly mainstream right of center views now counts as extreme.  At least to those who care about what legacy media claims is mainstream now.

Anyone that cares about the truth knows that :rofl: is the only reasonable response to his thesis on the rule of law.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #285 on: June 09, 2023, 11:42:28 AM »
I'd be fine if something else came up involving the Clintons that started another investigation or new evidence from the past. Trump pretty much has been untouchable until resent, and he may still remain untouchable if is found not guilty or acquitted. His "untouchableness" may fall, and I'm saying that this could be a catalyst that brings down other untouchable people.

So you think if Trump is convicted Garland will prosecute Hillary Clinton?

Time on an investigation really shouldn't be a meter of how well the investigation was run. Mueller even said in a nutshell (if I recall correctly) there was something there but really can't do anything about it. Comey in his offical report cleared Clinton of mishandling classified data if I recall correctly. Clinton and Trump both didn't want to play ball in the investigations, like most politicians seem to do.

No, Comey did not "clear" Hillary. What he did was to [illegally] derail the investigation. He basically confirmed that Hillary had knowingly and unlawfully kept classified documents on her private, unsecured, non-governmental server -- and then he said something to the effect of, "I used to be a prosecutor, and no prosecutor would take this case so let's call the whole thing off." He used his position as Director of the FBI to undercut the prosecutorial arm of the DOJ.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #286 on: June 09, 2023, 11:47:38 AM »
Man, they better hope this works though.  If it doesn't,  and Trump is reelected,  that guy can hold a grudge.

I can think of few ways to more effectively undercut a tradition of peaceful transition of power than to know your political opponents will try and put you in jail if you lose.

Can you imagine what Jan 6th would have been if Trump's speech had been "We need to stop congress, because if they win, they'll put me in jail over made up charges on stuff they do too."?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #287 on: June 09, 2023, 12:34:25 PM »
In the meantime, get your "But her emails!" SWAG while you can. Quantities limited!

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/09/hillarys-too-busy-trying-to-capitalize-on-trump-indictment-to-care-that-she-now-looks-worse-than-ever/

110 e-mails in 52 chains contained classified information... Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret... 36 chains contained Secret information; and eight contained Confidential information" -FBI on Hillary's unsecured email server

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #288 on: June 09, 2023, 01:01:32 PM »
Charby seems to have a fairly cherished notion of being a moderate, and objects to both “extremes”.  Thing is, the left has gone soooooo far left that what used to be fairly mainstream right of center views now counts as extreme.  At least to those who care about what legacy media claims is mainstream now.

Anyone that cares about the truth knows that :rofl: is the only reasonable response to his thesis on the rule of law.
The funny part is that Trump IS a moderate.  He would probably be called a Reagan Democrat in different times.  He is just a New York ***hole at the same time. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #289 on: June 09, 2023, 02:58:42 PM »
I wish Trump would open an abortion clinic, that also performed gender-reassignments for minors.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #290 on: June 09, 2023, 03:39:07 PM »

No, Comey did not "clear" Hillary. What he did was to [illegally] derail the investigation. He basically confirmed that Hillary had knowingly and unlawfully kept classified documents on her private, unsecured, non-governmental server -- and then he said something to the effect of, "I used to be a prosecutor, and no prosecutor would take this case so let's call the whole thing off." He used his position as Director of the FBI to undercut the prosecutorial arm of the DOJ.

If I remember correctly, the only reason for using the server was to avoid accountability for what she said or did over email. Which, we now know, was completely unnecessary. So it was a premeditated, ongoing crime, or more likely, a series of crimes. Also, there were multiple people involved in maintaining the server and domains, not to mention those who knowingly used her email for classified documents.

All of which sounds like a vast, right-wing left-wing conspiracy, to me. Or at least a medium-sized one.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #291 on: June 09, 2023, 05:07:35 PM »
If stuff here is true, Trump did stuff as bad as Biden and Hillary. Including showing classified defense plans to randos at a party.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/09/unsealed-trump-indictment-paints-a-very-disturbing-picture-jonathan-turley-calls-it-extremely-damning/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #292 on: June 09, 2023, 05:12:22 PM »

The problem is, we'd be fools to believe any of that. He's been accused of much worse, a hundred times, and the charges always fall apart. Always.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #293 on: June 09, 2023, 05:30:42 PM »
The problem is, we'd be fools to believe any of that. He's been accused of much worse, a hundred times, and the charges always fall apart. Always.

Certainly. In the example I mentioned, it seems a "writer" provided the information. No name or associations. Also they seemed to be unsure if the document was secret or confidential. Confidential is a stupid classification level, IMO. I saw a lot of stupid stuff that was labeled "confidential" or "LE confidential" that was either unnecessary or that you could probably find with a five minute gazoogle search.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #294 on: June 09, 2023, 06:02:20 PM »
In term of security clearances, there is confidential, secret, and top-secret.  With further classifications like SCI, and SAP to restrict who, within the population of those basic categories can access certain information. 

I’m sure there are people with a confidential level clearance, but I don’t recall ever meeting any.  Secret level is the base level for aerospace defense contractors from what I’ve seen.  TS is for those on programs that are especially sensitive. 

I’m sure it’s different in the government, military, and 3 letter agencies.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #295 on: June 09, 2023, 06:59:16 PM »
Then if Trump is guilty, I'm waiting for the government to arrest Biden for his document fiasco and stick him in the next cell.

Not going to happen, right?

That's the Democrat's idea of the "rule of law."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #296 on: June 09, 2023, 07:25:46 PM »

Be nice is there was some new evidence on different potential charges, but no. Now not so notorious Democrats, maybe.

Also the Biden investigation on his mishandling of classified documents is still on going, so maybe. If Trump actually gets charged, he'll probably have to push for the same thing for Biden if the investigation finds out Biden did the same thing.

NBC news yesterday

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-classified-documents-investigation-shows-signs-wrapping-soon-rcna88313

Word for word from Comey's report

That’s what we have done. Now let me tell you what we found:

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

I do disagree with Comey not suggesting it should go to a grand jury to decide if she should be indicted or not, but I don't run in the washington circles, so all I can do, like everyone else is well, nothing.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #297 on: June 09, 2023, 07:26:29 PM »
I wish Trump would open an abortion clinic, that also performed gender-reassignments for minors.

Be fabulous if they have margaritas to go too.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #298 on: June 09, 2023, 07:45:52 PM »

Also the Biden investigation on his mishandling of classified documents is still on going, so maybe. If Trump actually gets charged, he'll probably have to push for the same thing for Biden if the investigation finds out Biden did the same thing.

You know Biden will not be charged no matter how guilty he is.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #299 on: June 09, 2023, 07:51:33 PM »
You know Biden will not be charged no matter how guilty he is.

I'm not predicting anything until the fat lady sings.

Uranus is a gas giant.