Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 26529 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #300 on: June 09, 2023, 08:01:58 PM »
You know Biden will not be charged no matter how guilty he is.

To be fair to charby, given his (Biden’s) age and health he probably won’t live long enough to see a conviction, or even trial.  If somehow Trump (or any R) wins it’s doubtful he even live to be indicted.  Since we know damn well no D admin will ever indict him.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #301 on: June 09, 2023, 08:07:38 PM »
Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information,

She was SECSTATE. As soon as she set up her unsecure home computer not on the SIPRNet and transferred classified files, (or put TS files on ANY computer not JWICS), she absolutely knew she was violating the law.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #302 on: June 09, 2023, 08:09:21 PM »
To be fair to charby, given his (Biden’s) age and health he probably won’t live long enough to see a conviction, or even trial.  If somehow Trump (or any R) wins it’s doubtful he even live to be indicted.  Since we know damn well no D admin will ever indict him.

And I will bet real money that if Trump were to publicly or behind closed doors make a deal to drop out of the race, his problems will disappear as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #303 on: June 09, 2023, 08:17:08 PM »
And I will bet real money that if Trump were to publicly or behind closed doors make a deal to drop out of the race, his problems will disappear as well.

I doubt it, there is people on both sides of the aisle that don't want non-Washington insider to ever be president again.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #304 on: June 09, 2023, 08:29:57 PM »
I'm not predicting anything until the fat lady sings.

She's a guy now
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2023, 08:37:29 PM »
I want to know WHY they kept these documents!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2023, 08:48:57 PM »
I'm not predicting anything until the fat lady sings.
I think I’ll go with your earlier observation:
Supporters not are going to go after their members (turn a blind eye),

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #307 on: June 09, 2023, 10:48:01 PM »
If stuff here is true, Trump did stuff as bad as Biden and Hillary. Including showing classified defense plans to randos at a party.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/06/09/unsealed-trump-indictment-paints-a-very-disturbing-picture-jonathan-turley-calls-it-extremely-damning/

All there is is an audio recording with "rustling of papers." Hillary's trove of classified documents was there on her server, and in multiple e-mail chains, ripe for plucking by any moderately talented high school computer student. There's no question that Trump shouldn't have kept those documents when he left office, but is there any evidence that ANYONE read any of them after he left? He could have just picked up a folder with "TOP SECRET" on the cover, waved it in the air so people could see the cover, and then put it down on the table.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2023, 02:48:13 AM »
I figure that the drudge report is a good judge of temperament of the nation on news, oh boy it sure doesn't bode well for Trump right now.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2023, 05:08:14 AM »
I figure that the drudge report is a good judge of temperament of the nation on news, oh boy it sure doesn't bode well for Trump right now.

Except that Matt Drudge seems to hate Trump, so I expect him to feature the articles with the most unfavorable slant when it comes to Trump.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2023, 06:43:23 AM »
All there is is an audio recording with "rustling of papers." Hillary's trove of classified documents was there on her server, and in multiple e-mail chains, ripe for plucking by any moderately talented high school computer student. There's no question that Trump shouldn't have kept those documents when he left office, but is there any evidence that ANYONE read any of them after he left? He could have just picked up a folder with "TOP SECRET" on the cover, waved it in the air so people could see the cover, and then put it down on the table.
And weren't the papers Trump had kept in a secure portion of Mar-A-Lago, which was in turn guarded by the Secret Service? Contrast that with Hillary's INsecure email server (which was hacked) and INsecure cell phones (which she or her people smashed with a hammer rather than turn over to investigators) and with Biden's papers which were stored all over the place. This includes classified documents which he illegally took when he wasn't POTUS or even VP.

But of course, they're Democrats. As was Sandy Berger who got a wrist slap for trying to steal classified documents from the national archive down his pants. (Or was it in his socks?)

And all of this is with the background of the Presidential Records Act, which some legal experts assert means that Trump having the papers was a "non crime."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #311 on: June 10, 2023, 08:33:04 AM »
Except that Matt Drudge seems to hate Trump, so I expect him to feature the articles with the most unfavorable slant when it comes to Trump.

Trump and Drudge had a falling out some years ago and never really made up from what I've read.  And Drudge supposedly sold the Drudge Report years back.  It's not his anymore, and the new owners are behind the page's leftward drift.
There are unknowns regarding these two assertions, however.  Matt Drudge is a very secretive person and there has been difficulty verifying this information.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2023, 09:22:41 AM »
Trump Names Hunter Biden As His Running Mate So DOJ Will Stop Investigating Him
https://babylonbee.com/news/trump-names-hunter-biden-as-his-running-mate-so-doj-will-stop-investigating-him

At publishing time, new vice presidential candidate Hunter Biden, who had last been seen passed out in an alley after a 3-day crack cocaine bender, was unavailable for comment.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #313 on: June 10, 2023, 10:01:03 AM »

He may hate Trump, but The Drudge Report is still a clearing house of top headlines and obscure ones from around the globe, but mostly US.

Uranus is a gas giant.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2023, 08:40:36 PM »

You would be totally wrong, people that view drudge are very unusual - I work with one hundred people all week long, from manangement to maintanance - I am the only one that views drudge - most folks are either TV or tik-tok
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #315 on: June 11, 2023, 08:56:00 PM »
My prediction, (based on cynicism or being realistic, TBD) is they don't want to prosecute Trump, they just want him out of politics.  It's using the system to punish an opponent.  It's an abuse of power but a common one.  If I'm correct, you will see the activity on this, both action on the case and reporting, ramp up exactly when the primaries start.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2023, 12:04:53 AM »
My prediction, (based on cynicism or being realistic, TBD) is they don't want to prosecute Trump, they just want him out of politics.  It's using the system to punish an opponent.  It's an abuse of power but a common one.  If I'm correct, you will see the activity on this, both action on the case and reporting, ramp up exactly when the primaries start.

Unless Biden's "Finish the Job" slogan means they have to re-elect him to get what they really want. He'll finish the job of sending Orange Man to the gas chamber, but only if you re-elect him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2023, 01:58:34 AM »
Unless Biden's "Finish the Job" slogan means they have to re-elect him to get what they really want. He'll finish the job of sending Orange Man to the gas chamber, but only if you re-elect him.

Or finish the job of selling out the United States to China.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #318 on: June 12, 2023, 07:27:12 AM »
You would be totally wrong, people that view drudge are very unusual - I work with one hundred people all week long, from manangement to maintanance - I am the only one that views drudge - most folks are either TV or tik-tok

Drudge barely makes their own content, like I said it is a clearinghouse of news stories from around the nation and the world.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #319 on: June 12, 2023, 08:34:56 AM »
Drudge barely makes their own content, like I said it is a clearinghouse of news stories from around the nation and the world.

But someone decides which stories they feature on the Drudge Report web page. For the entire four years of Trump's presidency, I don't recall The Drudge Report ever posting a link to a positive story about Trump. Any time there was a choice, he/they invariably chose the least flattering article.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #320 on: June 12, 2023, 08:37:21 AM »
Drudge Report is a link aggregator and headline writer, but not a random or unbiased one.  Drudge has always had a political leaning and that has always colored which stories they report and which editorial stances they link to.  The political stance appeared to change significantly about 2019, but it didn't suddenly become unbiased.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #321 on: June 12, 2023, 10:02:22 AM »
I think I stopped going to Drudge during the Bush administration.  Been a while.  I don't really consume news the same as I did then.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #322 on: June 12, 2023, 11:46:44 AM »

I know that its an aggregate, I also know no one looks at it... very very few people look at any news except for TV local news after work, a half hour later they can't even recall what they saw.

the zeitgeist is not on drudge, its a bland song in your elevator
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #323 on: June 12, 2023, 01:17:45 PM »
If Trump is elected, he needs to immediately be impeached.  ;/

These are not serious people. They're doing that thing again, where even though Trump isn't my guy this time around, they're pretty much forcing me to vote for him just for spite.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/06/12/eric-holder-proves-theyll-never-stop-going-after-trump-no-matter-what-n2374299

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #324 on: June 13, 2023, 11:24:34 AM »
How Will Donald Trump's New Indictment(s) Impact the Election? || Peter Zeihan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEJY6C-IAS0

I saw this video.  Two things he said that I hadn't heard others talk about. 

1.  He said Trump was sharing the classified material that he had with other people.  I don't think I had heard that mentioned. 
2.  He thinks Trump will win the nomination, but independent swing voters will be scared of Trump and vote for Biden. 

Any thoughts?