Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 45759 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2024, 01:44:39 PM »
They're flaunting how political this whole process is to send a message to anyone who dares challenge THE party that if you do so you're screwed.

And of course the money involved for defense, which, as we continually say here, "the process is part of the punishment". Trump already has some millions down the drain in attorney fees. For this trial alone. I'd be interested to see the total number for all the trials.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2024, 04:03:49 PM »
 :facepalm:

Trump fan tries to smother Biden supporter with her breasts outside courthouse as nervous fans on both sides await hush money trial verdict
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13476991/trump-fans-manhattan-courthouse-hush-money-trial-verdict.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2024, 04:51:39 PM »
The jury has reportedly reached a verdict in Trump's trial.  No word yet on what it is, though I am expecting guilty on all or most charges.  I'd really like to be wrong, however.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2024, 05:09:46 PM »
Guilty. So much for America.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2024, 05:11:07 PM »
Guilty. So much for America.

And its kangaroo court system.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2024, 05:13:34 PM »
I really cannot imagine the judge not remanding Trump into immediate custody.  The whole point of the trial was to interfere with Trump's election prospects.  Putting him in custody would do the most damage.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2024, 05:14:46 PM »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #682 on: May 30, 2024, 05:20:33 PM »
You all knew this was going to be the result.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #683 on: May 30, 2024, 05:20:43 PM »
Now we start the appeals process. Considering it will be filed bright and early tomorrow morning (if it hasn't already), the first thing under a microscope will be Bragg and Engoron's conduct.

[popcorn]

Also, they just guaranteed Trump an extra couple points in the polls.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #684 on: May 30, 2024, 05:22:14 PM »
Now we start the appeals process. Considering it will be filed bright and early tomorrow morning (if it hasn't already), the first thing under a microscope will be Bragg and Engoron's conduct.

[popcorn]

Brad

The appeal will have to go all the way to SCOTUS before Trump gets a fair shake.  Lower appeals courts will uphold the verdict.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2024, 05:24:42 PM »

Actually, up until the judge said "mix and match" I was betting on a hung jury. It wasn't until after the "unanimous shnoomanimous" instructions, that I thought "guilty" was a significant probability. Even then, not on every stinkin' count.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #686 on: May 30, 2024, 05:25:12 PM »

There's small part of me that is still optimistic but the democrats keep stomping on it trying to kill it and there less and less life in that part as time goes on.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #687 on: May 30, 2024, 05:27:22 PM »
Trump should come out wearing a dress and high heels, say he was raped by Bragg, and announce he's pregnant and wants a abortion.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #688 on: May 30, 2024, 05:32:07 PM »
And to continue a theme

NEW YORK (AP) — Judge has set Donald Trump's sentencing for July 11, just days before Republicans are set to select him as 2024 nominee.
    — philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) May 30, 2024
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/05/30/welcome-to-the-banana-republic-trump-found-guilty-on-felony-counts-will-appeal-n2396657
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #689 on: May 30, 2024, 05:40:36 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #690 on: May 30, 2024, 07:03:02 PM »
34 felony counts on a misdemeanor with an expired statute of limitations.

Hope nobody gets charged with jaywalking in New York.

Count 1: Jaywalking
Count 2: Took a step off the curb with his left foot.
Count 3: Took a step off the curb with his right foot.
Count 4: Took a second step with his left foot.
Count 5: Took a second step with his right foot.
Count 6: Took a third step . . .

This all happened 10 years ago, but the defendant was doing in in connection to some Federal offense he was never charged with, so it's felony jaywalking . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #691 on: May 30, 2024, 07:07:44 PM »
34 felony counts on a misdemeanor with an expired statute of limitations.

Hope nobody gets charged with jaywalking in New York.

Count 1: Jaywalking
Count 2: Took a step off the curb with his left foot.
Count 3: Took a step off the curb with his right foot.
Count 4: Took a second step with his left foot.
Count 5: Took a second step with his right foot.
Count 6: Took a third step . . .

This all happened 10 years ago, but the defendant was doing in in connection to some Federal offense he was never charged with, so it's felony jaywalking . . .

And their star witness to this crime was throwing Molotov cocktails at cars at the time he noticed Trump jay walking
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #692 on: May 30, 2024, 07:45:52 PM »
Frankly, a bunch of judges down in Texas really need to just start indicting Biden, based on anything they can think of, regardless of actuality.

And then deny change of venue. Repeatedly. Try 'em all in Southern Bugtussle County, with a jury of ranchers.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #693 on: May 30, 2024, 07:48:33 PM »
Frankly, a bunch of judges down in Texas really need to just start indicting Biden, based on anything they can think of, regardless of actuality.

And then deny change of venue. Repeatedly. Try 'em all in Southern Bugtussle County, with a jury of ranchers.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have had to have committed the crime in Texas for them to do that?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #694 on: May 30, 2024, 08:19:46 PM »
Trumps the first person in 2024 convicted in a NY court…..lmao

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"The slide rule is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                     - Darth Calculus

JN01

• friend
« Reply #696 on: May 30, 2024, 08:58:43 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't he have had to have committed the crime in Texas for them to do that?

Facts don't matter, convict him anyway.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #697 on: May 30, 2024, 09:09:50 PM »

https://youtu.be/wSfX7xAyiNo?si=Kp3fFxZo8h-wn1pL

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #698 on: May 30, 2024, 10:07:49 PM »
Took a peak at CNN's website and the entire site is sticky if you catch my drift.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #699 on: May 30, 2024, 10:11:07 PM »
Now the question is will this trigger the response from certain groups the dems are hoping for so that they can begin their response to that which is something some have been saying is the plan.
Note: I don't necessarily subscribe to that idea but sometimes I wonder. I'm not putting anything pass anybody anymore and that includes all sides.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 10:25:01 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes