Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 25406 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
The Trump Arrest Thread!
« on: March 18, 2023, 03:49:05 PM »
 Well, as of Sat the 18th of March, he has not been arrested yet, but everyone is talking about it.
 It will be hilarious to have him as potus again, I'm gonna love it.
 The Quatering is here discussing all the obvious
https://youtu.be/Fv0GDi8DjGs
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jim147

• friends
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 03:52:50 PM »
They've got him this time for sure.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 03:56:23 PM »
And an awful lot of legal eagles - including lefties - don't see any actual crime here.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 04:01:14 PM »
They hate him, maybe it's a modern version of a hate crime.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2023, 04:01:55 PM »
Elon Musk had some interesting comments:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/03/18/elon-musk-predicts-what-an-arrest-of-donald-trump-would-lead-to/

I don't discount them. I know I'm not the only one who gets a burr under their saddle when the legal system is used this way, even against someone I may not like. I've said it before: Many people don't view Trump as Trump in a case like this. They, like they did when he was banned from social media, or his home raided, view him as the poster child for "everyman".

If they can do it to a current or former president, they can do it (or much, much worse) to us. It's what driving people like Bill Maher, Russell Brand, and Tulsi Gabbard to red pill.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 04:31:37 PM »
President Trump did not kill himself in custody.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2023, 05:22:36 PM »
Arrested?  For what, having classified documents?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2023, 06:15:52 PM »
Arrested?  For what, having classified documents?

Stormy Daniels
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2023, 06:18:51 PM »
President Trump did not kill himself in custody.

While the all the guards are taking a break all the cameras just happen to go down.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2023, 07:05:05 PM »

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/03/18/trump-posts-on-truth-social-that-hell-be-arrested-next-week-dem-squirrel-moment-detected/

It’s no surprise the Trump ‘perp walk’ nonsense has started - three Biden’s caught receiving money from China, Hunter admitting the laptop is indeed real, the bank crash(es), train derailments, COVID info starting to leak out, #J6footage released.

Look, SQUIRREL!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2023, 07:20:05 PM »
Stormy Daniels

Is paying off a whore illegal?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2023, 07:36:20 PM »

Not if you're Hunter Biden.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2023, 08:15:24 PM »
I thought there might have been some issue about doing it as a Presidential candidate.  I could be wrong about that.  I saw a comment about it being a misdemeanor, but I don't know.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2023, 08:29:04 PM »

As I understand it they are claiming that since he paid the money to Stormy specifically to help himself get elected, and not to say, keep his wife from finding out, that makes it a campaign activity,  not private.

Since he didn't use campaign funds (or declare the donation) it amounts to an illegal campaign donation and is therefore a criminal act.

Seriously.  That's what they have.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2023, 08:36:48 PM »
As I understand ......
Seriously.  That's what they have.
If Trump is arrested for that, I give up.
You heard it here first.
If that's all they got, and they arrest him for it, by jimminie, I'm voting for Donnie if I have to write it in!
7-11 was a part time job.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2023, 09:43:17 PM »
What gets me is that the Democrats/Left are SERIOUSLY discounting how 50% (or more, if you are a believer in 2020 election fraud - doh...) of the population feels about the Donald. Frankly, I don't like the sumbitch, but then again, I've hired lawyers that I didn't particularly like either.
Blog under construction

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2023, 11:44:45 PM »
Now he is walking it back. I'm not sure what is going on but he still sucks. He is still better than the current incompetent administration but that is not saying much.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2023, 07:18:49 AM »
Trump's major downfall was when he said he would drain the swamp... That got the folks really riled. Mustn't right-size that bureaucracy... Nope. They're the government, and they think they can't be fired.
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2023, 07:41:12 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is having conniptions about Trump claiming he'll be arrested.

https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-dems-calls-trumps-arrest-195458976.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I guess she thinks it's his duty to STFU and accept whatever dems do to him. Or else - as deposed Speaker - she's trying desperately to pretend she's still relevant.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2023, 07:58:49 AM »
Nancy Pelosi is having conniptions about Trump claiming he'll be arrested.

https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-dems-calls-trumps-arrest-195458976.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

I guess she thinks it's his duty to STFU and accept whatever dems do to him. Or else - as deposed Speaker - she's trying desperately to pretend she's still relevant.

I'm pretty sure Pelosi's insider trading carries a bigger criminal penalty than what Trump is accused of. I'm not sure some of these dems realize that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2023, 08:10:41 AM »
Just like Pelosi’s regarded *expletive deleted*it the news on at the restaurant we were at had their commentators frothing at the mouth that his announcement was an attempt to “incite insurrection” just like “January 6th”
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2023, 08:14:26 AM »
News on at the restaurant we were at was frothing at the mouth that his announcement was an attempt to “incite insurrection” just like “January 6th”

I'm seeing a lot of that. As well as "civil war 2" and "we have nukes and the army to take care of these rednecks".

I will say, just to play Devil's advocate and look at all the possibilities, that part of this might be a publicity stunt for Trump, who seems to be way behind DeSantis in the primaries.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2023, 08:48:48 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2023, 09:14:54 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2023, 11:14:16 AM »
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to tweet and to remove all doubt

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/19/billy-baldwins-gross-ashli-babbitt-tweet-has-tweeps-asking-if-theres-any-baldwin-thats-not-a-pos/

Wow. He's inviting unhinged individuals to visit him.  I've met crazy people on "my" side and "their" side, it is dumb and dangerous to say things like that
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."