Author Topic: The Trump Arrest Thread!  (Read 25426 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: The Trump Arrest Thread!
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2023, 09:25:36 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

zahc

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2023, 07:35:20 AM »
Honestly I'm surprised this is related to the Stormy Daniels thing. When I first heard, I was sure they were going to bring him up on some kind of RICO charges for telling governors to "find more votes". I always felt he stepped over the line there and it's all recorded and everything so I'm sort of surprised he skated on that one when it seems like the establishment are chomping at the bit to pounce on anything.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2023, 09:40:43 AM »
The statement by itself isn't near enough.  I think they would need to find actions underlying those statements.  And they probably can't find anything that their own candidates are not also publicly doing. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2023, 09:48:09 AM »
Not surprised one bit if true.

Has Antifa infiltrated Trump protests? Demonstrator with ANARCHIST tattoo on his neck is spotted whipping Trump supporters into a frenzy in Manhattan
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11888067/Moment-Antifa-infiltrator-screams-protestor-Trump-Shaman-outfit-wearing-wire.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2023, 10:06:53 AM »
Weren't they doing that in 2016 at least in a more limited context?  They were putting on Trump shirts and trying to start fights or pull out Nazi flags. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2023, 12:43:41 PM »
Weren't they doing that in 2016 at least in a more limited context?  They were putting on Trump shirts and trying to start fights or pull out Nazi flags.

And reportedly J6
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2023, 12:45:48 PM »
Canceled for the day
Trouble convincing the grand jury according to this

Two sources familiar told Fox News Digital on Wednesday that the grand jury was canceled amid "major dissension" within the district attorney's office. One source claimed the district attorney is having trouble convincing the grand jury on potential charges due to the "weakness" of the case.

Trump hush-money grand jury proceedings 'canceled' for Wednesday, sources say
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-hush-money-grand-jury-proceedings-canceled-wednesday-sources-say
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2023, 12:58:08 PM »
My understanding was that a good prosecutor could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich?

If after all this they can't even get an indictment.....I don't know, but their will be wailing and rending of garments all up and down the coasts.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2023, 01:02:58 PM »
The MSM will claim the GJ is being intimidated by the right
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2023, 01:09:26 PM »

Indeed, they had to pass both of the Pro-Trump protesters to enter the court house.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2023, 01:20:29 PM »

I believe I already saw that headline, somewhere.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2023, 01:58:07 PM »
Do grand juries still have broad independent subpoena powers, or has that been reigned-in?  It would be funny if they launched their own investigation into the prosecutor.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2023, 02:07:07 PM »
MSNBC

Mary Trump: Trump would likely surrender if charged because he's a ‘coward’

Michael Cohen: Trump is melting down over imminent 'arrest'

Cause for grand jury delay is unclear, but here are a few potential reasons

The latest MAGA indictment delusion is a doozy

The MAGA faithful’s new indictment delusion

Asked about Trump, McCarthy’s attention turns to Hillary Clinton

The key reason the DOJ didn't prosecute Trump's hush money case

GOP rep suggests hush money scandal will 'blow over' for odd reason

I read the bogus letter GOP leaders just sent to Alvin Bragg so you don't have to

Stormy Daniels was right

Kevin McCarthy accidentally gives the game away on Trump's calls for protests

Trump’s arrest call to arms was bad. Kevin McCarthy just made it much worse.

Fmr. Watergate prosecutor: The whole world is watching our criminal justice system

Lawrence: Tuesday's worst legal news for Trump didn't happen in New York
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2023, 03:26:39 PM »
Fmr. Watergate prosecutor: The whole world is watching our criminal justice system

And laughing hysterically.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2023, 05:16:37 PM »
MSNBC

Mary Trump: Trump would likely surrender if charged because he's a ‘coward’

Michael Cohen: Trump is melting down over imminent 'arrest'

Cause for grand jury delay is unclear, but here are a few potential reasons

The latest MAGA indictment delusion is a doozy

The MAGA faithful’s new indictment delusion

Asked about Trump, McCarthy’s attention turns to Hillary Clinton

The key reason the DOJ didn't prosecute Trump's hush money case

GOP rep suggests hush money scandal will 'blow over' for odd reason

I read the bogus letter GOP leaders just sent to Alvin Bragg so you don't have to

Stormy Daniels was right

Kevin McCarthy accidentally gives the game away on Trump's calls for protests

Trump’s arrest call to arms was bad. Kevin McCarthy just made it much worse.

Lawrence: Tuesday's worst legal news for Trump didn't happen in New York

And? What is the point of copy-pasting these headlines?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2023, 05:42:16 PM »
And? What is the point of copy-pasting these headlines?

To highlight just how obsessed they are with him.
I find it both humorous and disturbing at the same time.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2023, 09:42:06 AM »
Apparently these deep fakes are a thing this week. At some point, the line between trying to be funny and actively deceiving people is going to get too blurry.

Which, on the tangent, is to me just one more reason why we can't trust anything that we don't see in person with our own eyes. Technology is fast progressing from a boon to a bane.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/22/new-york-post-says-chilling-deepfakes-of-trump-being-arrested-are-spreading-on-twitter/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2023, 09:45:00 AM »
Apparently these deep fakes are a thing this week. At some point, the line between trying to be funny and actively deceiving people is going to get too blurry.

The right can't take the high ground on this since there are plenty of photoshopped images of Hillary getting arrested and in jail.
But I will say the quality is improving, still look somewhat fake though
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2023, 10:40:47 AM »
Unflattering fake images of politicians have been around since people first learned how to draw and paint pictures. When photography was invented, it wasn't long before people found ways to fake photographs. Computer graphics made things easier, and modern professional image editors and so called "AI" powered graphics programs have improved the quality of fakes beyond what's possible to someone with a home computer and photoshop.

Only the gullible (mostly but not exclusively Biden voters) will believe everything they see on the internet or on the TV news. The biggest issue is confirmation bias - if it fits the desired narrative, people will accept it as fact, even arguing for and defending it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2023, 10:50:48 AM »
Canceled again

Trump grand jury canceled for rest of the WEEK: Alvin Bragg facing even MORE questions as panel's vote on an indictment is pushed back to at least next week as he 'struggles' with 'weak' case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11894273/Trump-grand-jury-returns-NOON-DA-Alvin-Bragg-struggles-weak-case.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2023, 11:01:59 AM »

Only the gullible (mostly but not exclusively Biden voters) will believe everything they see on the internet or on the TV news. The biggest issue is confirmation bias - if it fits the desired narrative, people will accept it as fact, even arguing for and defending it.

I agree on the second sentence. As to the first, obvious (because of other factors) fakes, like Trump and Hillary arrest fakes aside, I think deep fakes have progressed well beyond "only the gullible".

https://youtu.be/oxXpB9pSETo
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2023, 11:06:34 AM »
I agree on the second sentence. As to the first, obvious (because of other factors) fakes, like Trump and Hillary arrest fakes aside, I think deep fakes have progressed well beyond "only the gullible".

https://youtu.be/oxXpB9pSETo

Still need to work on the facial movements.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2023, 11:21:57 AM »
Canceled again

Trump grand jury canceled for rest of the WEEK: Alvin Bragg facing even MORE questions as panel's vote on an indictment is pushed back to at least next week as he 'struggles' with 'weak' case
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11894273/Trump-grand-jury-returns-NOON-DA-Alvin-Bragg-struggles-weak-case.html

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think the DA doesn't actually have a case here.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2023, 11:34:36 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to think the DA doesn't actually have a case here.
That is what I am hearing.  The evidence he has points to the lawyer Cohen, not Trump.  Even if the crime isn't all that serious, he can't even tag that on Trump. 

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2023, 11:40:06 AM »
Needs more time to properly instruct threaten the grand jury members.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams