Author Topic: FBI Confronts Woman Over Twitter Post  (Read 384 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
FBI Confronts Woman Over Twitter Post
« on: March 18, 2023, 05:54:09 PM »
I can't find her twitter post, but she apparently told people to fight back against Pfizer, and then the FBI showed up at her work asking her if she planned on harming Pfizer. She said ""No, because you can't physically harm a corporation". One of the agents said, "but you can harm a building." Tell that to antifa in Portland, I guess, who the FBI were not interviewing.

Even if she said, "Kill Pfizer", how many times do people say stuff like that on social media? I saw a lot of tweets calling for Elon Musk's death when he took over twitter, but I don't recall hearing about the FBI visiting those individuals. There certainly could be more to this, but the FBI paying people a visit is still pretty police state.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/18/report-fbi-agents-confront-woman-to-ask-her-is-she-has-any-intention-of-harming-pfizer-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: FBI Confronts Woman Over Twitter Post
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »
Be better if the photo showed their credentials even if it was blurred. 

From what I have seen/heard, there are hundreds if not thousands of threats put on Twitter per day.  Makes zero sense to send agents out on something like that.  This also means they got her name, location, place of work, etc.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2023, 08:33:09 PM »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2023, 11:39:46 PM »
You can’t expect to reference the Democrat Party’s most profitable arm in a way that could vaguely be interpreted as a threat without expecting a visit from the government ran Mafia now, can you?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2023, 02:20:18 PM »
If you're going to record it, why redact faces and identities of the public officials involved?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2023, 08:14:01 AM »
The way "they" keep morphing definitions to suit their purposes, it won't be long before the word "harming" becomes a legislatively-defined death threat with attendant penalties.

"Terry, that's ridiculous!"

"You fail to have seen them change ordinary words into semantically negative terms in the past fifteen-twenty years," Terry responded.

"They're pretty good at using that tool," he added, shrugging.