Author Topic: Youtube Gun Video Censoring  (Read 1389 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Youtube Gun Video Censoring
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2023, 03:42:31 PM »
God Family and Guns pretty calling it quits on YT

CRITICAL UPDATE: This Is The End Of God Family And Guns As We Know It! GFG subscribers PLEASE WATCH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3edcaSQSEg

So the news isn't all bad...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2023, 04:05:24 PM »

Hopefully the other gun channels aren't doing the Patreon thing like these guys. I get that they all want to make some money, but I'm not paying $5/mo times 30 channels or whatever to watch everyone on Patreon.

I haven't been on Rumble in a good while, but just now jumped over there, and they actually look to be expanding nicely. The only guntuber I saw that I know was Mrgunsngear.

They could also look at doing something like jumping on the War Poet channels. I wouldn't mind paying a single reasonable subscription fee to watch the gun videos in a single place. I just don't want multiple subscriptions or having to go to a hundred different sites.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2023, 11:03:01 PM »
Has Hickock 45 been whacked yet?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2023, 02:20:02 PM »
Social media giant YouTube has reversed course on deleting videos and channels featuring videos where a silencer is attached to a gun.

The video hosting site said recent moderation efforts aimed at videos where sound suppressors are affixed to guns were a mistake. The takedowns and channel strikes had appeared to affect videos, whether attaching the suppressor was part of a guide or just incidental. The company said it is now in the process of restoring videos and channels that were wrongly flagged.

YouTube backs off on suppressor videos, claims mistake
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/02/03/youtube-backs-off-n66939
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2023, 03:13:08 PM »
YouTube backs off on suppressor videos, claims mistake
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2023/02/03/youtube-backs-off-n66939

Mrgunsngear posted that they can now also insert mags into guns.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2023, 10:33:59 AM »
YT gets it panties twisted up in knots over someone screwing on a suppressor but seems to be okay with how to steal car videos
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2023, 10:35:47 AM »
YT gets it panties twisted up in knots over someone screwing on a suppressor but seems to be okay with how to steal car videos

Well of course, you white privilege bastard.

Guns, in any format, are EVIL.

Suppressors are also EVIL.

Together? CTHULU LEVEL EVIL!

How to steal a car? Well that's just redistribution of wealth, which is a social benefit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2023, 09:14:28 AM »
Could improve things or they could get worse

YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki says she’s stepping down
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/16/youtube-ceo-susan-wojcicki-says-shes-stepping-down.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2023, 10:29:13 AM »
God Family and Guns pretty calling it quits on YT

CRITICAL UPDATE: This Is The End Of God Family And Guns As We Know It! GFG subscribers PLEASE WATCH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3edcaSQSEg

Well he's still on there and in fact has been posting a bunch of get ready it's the end times videos lately. Another just popped up in my YT feed.
- Calvin and Hobbes

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2023, 11:29:29 AM »
Funny, I can pull up YouTube at work with no issues.  Can't pull up anything remotely gun connected like a gun company website or even Cabelas.  The benefits of .gov employment.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2023, 12:23:51 PM »
They're obviously better strategists than we.  It's an all out attack.

Dropping the videos, or forcing them to sites which the average joe won't even be aware of and will no longer "just happen" on a gun site, is the equivalent of bombing our airfields.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »
Funny, I can pull up YouTube at work with no issues.  Can't pull up anything remotely gun connected like a gun company website or even Cabelas.  The benefits of .gov employment.
My work allows Youtube, but recently they changed the settings.  Any video that is at all restricted is blocked and comments are disabled.  The restricted videos don't even show up on a search.  If I pull up a youtube channel, the restricted videos don't appear at all. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge