Author Topic: I like ice...  (Read 3348 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
I like ice...
« on: July 25, 2023, 06:04:12 PM »
and I hate having to deal with the ice trays in my freezers. Which do not have built-in ice makers.

I go through about a gallon of iced tea a day in the summer. Fill up a "thousand mile mug" to take to work, along with a 64 oz. thermos...

So I got this.

It isn't high volume, and it does not keep the cubes cold, but when I walk past it, I dump 'em in the bin in the freezer. One evening of the thing running will last a few days.

Not the world's secksiest ice (not clear, not the little "Sonic" pellets...), but it is cold and frozen, and even more frozen when it comes out of the bin.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PCZKG94?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: I like ice...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 03:23:41 AM »
Sonic Drive-In bag ice in the chest freezer FTW!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 07:00:03 AM »
My fridge has an ice maker...

That I have never hooked up.

I keep telling myself... one of these days.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 05:18:40 PM »
When the outside temperatures are under 75 for a high, my icemaker gets little use.

It's working overtime now.
  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 06:32:48 AM »
I drink a LOT of grape-flavored drink. The sugar free stuff from either Walmart or, recently, my local grocery store. It's really refreshing.

I make it a gallon at a time and keep it in the fridge. To keep it cool I have a 32 ounce gatorade bottle that I keep mostly full of ice. I freeze water in the bottle to make a huge ice cube. Works great.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.