Author Topic: Your Glock + $500 = Glock Bullpup  (Read 850 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Your Glock + $500 = Glock Bullpup
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2023, 09:50:22 AM »
This is a different one that is apparently popular in Germany as a way to skirt gun law there. It appears to be much more precisely and robustly made than the US versions.

https://youtu.be/gvjjqCf3B84
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2023, 09:54:28 AM »
This is a different one that is apparently popular in Germany as a way to skirt gun law there. It appears to be much more precisely and robustly made than the US versions.

https://youtu.be/gvjjqCf3B84

Remember that from last year and it appears to be much better thought out and made. Not a bullpup though, just turns the Glock into a reg carbine. A very nice one I should add.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2023, 11:26:56 AM »
I am not sure, but it seems like the big difference is the bull-pup from the OP just mounts the entire pistol into a frame with a long barrel.  The German version just mounts the pistol frame into a chassis that includes a separate barrel and bolt.  The bull-pup would cost more to do it that way, but it would be a better carbine. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2023, 11:32:01 AM »
I am not sure, but it seems like the big difference is the bull-pup from the OP just mounts the entire pistol into a frame with a long barrel.  The German version just mounts the pistol frame into a chassis that includes a separate barrel and bolt.  The bull-pup would cost more to do it that way, but it would be a better carbine.

Yeah. I gotta say on the kraut version, it appears that they're just using the Glock fire control group as their "lower".

In the US, I would consider this as wasteful and inefficient, and would rather just have the Glock pistol and a separate carbine. For the krauts though, I guess this lets them have two guns under one registration, which might actually be a good deal for them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."