Author Topic: Nashville Elementary School Shooting  (Read 9685 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Nashville Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2023, 01:02:28 PM »
Just saw an MSNBC segment and the new words for gun control are “gun safety” and “gun reform”

They've been using those for years
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2023, 01:06:59 PM »
From the body cam footage . . . AN ASSAULT-STYLE WEAPON WAS USED TO PUT DOWN THE KILLER AND SAVE LIVES!!!

Looks like one of those anti-trans weapons they just legalized in Florida. Terrifying.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »
Well you know, we are conducing genocide against them by not allowing them complete unfettered control of our children.

On that note

I’ve said it so many times, I wish I didn’t have to, but the bottom line is you’re either here for the kids or the killers.

— Eric Swalwell (@ericswalwell) March 27, 2023
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2023/03/28/eric-swalwell-hates-to-have-to-say-this-but-youre-either-here-for-the-kids-or-the-killers/

God he is an idiot
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2023, 01:17:22 PM »
Speaking of idiots

These White Christians Devils went from "thoughts & prayers" to actively calling for revenge and violence as soon as they saw the mass shooter wasn't one of their own for the first time in history.

Keep that same energy for the daily, white, cis, incel mass shooters.

— Benjamin Dixon (@BenjaminPDixon) March 28, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/28/antifa-pastor-goes-to-an-all-time-low-with-covenant-school-shooting-take-on-white-christian-devils/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2023, 02:14:11 PM »
This is the third trans mass murderer, in addition to the "non-binary" mass murderer from just a little while ago.

Also, plenty of mass murderers have been non-white. I wonder how many could actually be connected to the "incel" phenomenon.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2023, 02:15:34 PM »
Note how they felt the need to capitalize MORE

Oh, and now she's trans autistic

EXCLUSIVE: FBI agents are seen removing MORE rifles from trans autistic Nashville school shooter Audrey Hale's home
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11911111/FBI-agents-remove-two-additional-rifles-Nashville-school-shooter-Audrey-Hales-home.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2023, 02:20:11 PM »
The shooter who killed six people at a private school in Nashville purchased at least seven guns legally and locally, according to Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake.

Drake said those seven firearms were purchased from five different gun stores in Nashville. Three of the guns were used during the shooting at Covenant School Monday, he said.

Still calling the S2K an AR style rifle

Police previously said the shooter was armed with a handgun and two AR-style weapons — one rifle and an AR-style pistol.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nashville-tennessee-covenant-school-shooting-3-28-23/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2023, 02:22:27 PM »
Hmmmm

Shooter was being treated for an "emotional disorder," police chief says

From CNN's Michael Hayes

The shooter was under care for an "emotional disorder," Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake said Tuesday.

"Law enforcement knew nothing about the treatment" 28-year-old Aubrey Hale was receiving, he added.

Hale's parents "felt that (Hale) should not own weapons" and were under the impression Hale had sold one weapon and "did not own any more," Drake said.

"As it turned out, (Hale) had been hiding several weapons within the house," Drake said.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/nashville-tennessee-covenant-school-shooting-3-28-23/index.html

Apparently the treatment wasn't going very well. If I had to guess I would say maybe because they danced around the core problem.
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2023, 02:41:04 PM »
Shooter was being treated for an "emotional disorder," police chief says

From CNN's Michael Hayes

The shooter was under care for an "emotional disorder," Metro Nashville Police Chief John Drake said Tuesday.

What medications was, ummm, she on?  Psych meds are another big common factor with mass shooters.

Hale's parents "felt that (Hale) should not own weapons" and were under the impression Hale had sold one weapon and "did not own any more," Drake said.

DING DING DING!   red flag laws.

Drake said those seven firearms were purchased from five different gun stores in Nashville.

So?  I like to spread my purchases out.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2023, 03:12:10 PM »
That was an intense video.  Good transition from selective clearance to moving to the sound of gunfire as soon as they had the audible cue.  Not perfect, but pretty damn good for a hastily thrown together entry team.

Officer Englebert did a particularly good job communicating and moving.

Concur. These were definitely not "Whatever it takes to go home safe and the end of the shift" cops. These were real sheepdogs. Props to them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2023, 05:24:33 PM »
Looks like they're trying to blame her parents now.

Church coordinator Norma, 61, and her husband Ronald, 64, refused to let Hale - who had recently adopted the name Aiden and used he/him pronouns - dress as a man in their home.

But I have a question, one that I don't see them asking.
Why didn't she move out?
She seemed to be fairly successful at her job so why didn't she move out if living with her parents was such a hell it made her want to kill people?
And apparently she was so rejected by her parents they were letting her live there at 28.

EXCLUSIVE: Nashville mass school shooter Audrey Hale was rejected by her Christian parents who 'couldn't accept' she was gay and trans - as cops reveal she also planned to shoot relatives
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11912163/Nashville-school-shooter-Audrey-Hales-parents-accept-gay-trans.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2023, 05:31:20 PM »
Gay and trans?  How does that work?

If she was gay, she would be attracted to her same sex: women.  If she was a tranny and wanted to be known as a male and was gay, he would be attracted to men, even though she was a woman, which makes her straight.

Anyone have a flow-chart for this nonsense?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2023, 05:33:40 PM »
Anyone have a flow-chart for this nonsense?

A flow chart? Is that some kind of a cisfascist dig at menstruating men?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2023, 05:37:25 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that if a trans woman (born male, ids as female) is in the news the MSM almost unfailingly will use the her pronoun but so far I've seen the MSM only use the her pronoun for Hale despite her being a trans man (born female IDs as male).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 08:14:32 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2023, 05:41:43 PM »
I’m betting she was groomed into being gay/trans. This *expletive deleted*it is insidious.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #90 on: March 28, 2023, 05:44:26 PM »
And now it's the schools fault
    As we learn more, it's clear the Nashville Covenant School is a right-wing institution in which Audrey Hale and many others were abused. Obviously, this isn't an excuse to attack it. But there are problems with deregulating religious schools + the US's lack of mental healthcare. pic.twitter.com/J1xgZpA3hZ

— Eli Erlick (@EliErlick) March 28, 2023

A lot of things need to happen in the wake of this terrible Nashville tragedy, but certainly the conservative love affair with radical unregulated religious "schools" should come to an end.

They try destroying public schools any chance they get, but here we are. https://t.co/K0jFiDACUs

— Veronica 'Nikatine' Ripley (@NikatinePrime) March 28, 2023
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/28/trans-activist-says-its-clear-that-nashville-school-shooter-was-abused-at-her-right-wing-school/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2023, 05:54:04 PM »
Makes me wonder what they think could be in the manifesto they don't want us to see

“It should not be published,” Jordan Budd, the executive director of Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere (COLAGE), told Newsweek. “The focus should be on how this was able to happen in the first place. There should not be such easy access to deadly weaponry.”
    …
    “Regardless of the shooter’s intentions, the real issue here is the ease of access to deadly weapons in Tennessee and elsewhere,” Budd said, adding, “All children, no matter who their parents are or how they identify, should feel safe and supported at school. That includes a world free from gun violence.”

LGBTQ groups say that releasing school shooter’s manifesto could have ‘serious consequences’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/28/lgbtq-groups-say-that-releasing-school-shooters-manifesto-could-have-serious-consequences/
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 06:23:15 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

griz

• friend
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2023, 07:58:39 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that if a trans woman (born male, ids as female) is in the news the MSM almost unfailingly will use the her pronoun but so far I've only seen the MSM use the her pronoun for Hale despite her being a trans man (born female IDs as male).

That kind of leapt out at me when watching the BBC news yesterday.  They usually try to use the pronoun that the subject does, but in that report they referred to the shooter as "she" all through it.  I didn't know if it was some sort of intentional disrespect for the murderer or maybe a tacit admission that they have to use the biologically correct pronoun when the inevitable confusion would cause confusion, and this is too important to mislead.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2023, 09:00:33 PM »
Body cam footage of the responding officers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frM1zPPrvaY
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2023, 10:05:39 PM »
    A lot of things need to happen in the wake of this terrible Nashville tragedy, but certainly the conservative love affair with radical unregulated religious "schools" should come to an end.

They try destroying public schools any chance they get, but here we are. https://t.co/K0jFiDACUs

— Veronica 'Nikatine' Ripley (@NikatinePrime) March 28, 2023

:rofl:  Yeah, the public schools are sensible and mainstream. It's these Christian schools ya gotta watch out for. I guess the Romans killed Christians because they felt bullied.

Funny. I've never heard anyone say that public schools are too extreme, because someone decided to shoot one up.  ;/

HankB

• friend
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2023, 10:38:35 PM »
If that 28 year old woman wanted to get back at a school she attended as a child, she sure took a long time to make up her mind about it. And as for killing children who weren't even born when she was a student there . . . that's crazy.

Speaking of which . . . doesn't Federal law prohibit purchase of guns by the "mentally defective?" Doesn't gender dysphoria fall into that category? (Plus whatever other problems she was being treated for?)

Quite a few previous mass murderers were on psychoactive meds as well - either taking them when they went nuts, or going over the edge by stopping the meds.  Wonder what, if anything, this killer was on.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2023, 11:57:20 PM »
If that 28 year old woman wanted to get back at a school she attended as a child, she sure took a long time to make up her mind about it. And as for killing children who weren't even born when she was a student there . . . that's crazy.

Yeah. Makes one question the narrative that she wanted to punish the school for being mean to her about being "trans." Plus, 20 years ago, none of the other schools were grooming kids to be trans, anyway. It would be interesting to know when she went trans. Probably wasn't on her radar in grade school.

In any case, her other targets were another school, and a shopping mall. Maybe her former school was just enticing because of less security, and because she knew the territory. They said she had drawn maps of her targets, which suggests that was important to her sick, little mind.

Speaking of which . . . doesn't Federal law prohibit purchase of guns by the "mentally defective?" Doesn't gender dysphoria fall into that category? (Plus whatever other problems she was being treated for?)

I believe it's "adjudicated mentally defective," and a lot of crazies haven't been adjudicated. In any case, gender confusion is now considered a resume enhancement; not a defect.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2023, 12:00:54 AM »

Obviously, you didn't get the memo. Gender dysphoria isn't a bug, it's a feature. The shrink profession has decided (scientifically, of course) that it's now normal and okay for women to believe they are men, and for men to believe they are women. "Treatment" seems to be limited to affirming the delusion, and counseling the deludee that he/she/it is right, and that anyone who doesn't support the delusion is an abuser.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2023, 12:20:47 AM »
The proper response to any metal health red flag laws, OMG she bought guns while being treated etc is extreme pushback from any gun owner. Someone is a danger to themselves or others and a call is made they need an immediate response, they need a same day bed in a mental facility but any restriction of rights after the immediate crisis has to be actual due process, not take the guns away or lock you up and decide the legal why later.

If mental health is tied to guns in such a way that an anonymous tip or a political doctor can make a call and you lose everything the solution will be obvious. No one with a gun will seek mental health care ever. I already don't. The bodycount, mostly suicide, will be enormous.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.