Author Topic: Active Shooter at Joint Base Andrews (Maryland)  (Read 377 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Active Shooter at Joint Base Andrews (Maryland)
« on: March 30, 2023, 04:27:42 PM »
https://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2023/03/joint-base-andrews-on-lockdown-following-report-of-active-shooter/

No specifics yet, other than "male in purple sweatshirt and black shorts."  No reported casualties, just someone walking around with a weapon.

One might even conclude from the story that there is no "shooter" and it may just be someone walking around with a long gun, and we've got jumpy reporters and folks everywhere.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Pb

• friend
Re: Active Shooter at Joint Base Andrews (Maryland)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 04:41:56 PM »
Regardless of if this is anything, I expect we are going to see a couple of more mass shootings (or attempts) in the next week or two.  These aholes copy each other, and the media attention is probably going to set off a few more nuts who want to be famous.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2023, 04:47:23 PM »
Already saying AR-15 style rifle.
Probably a walking stick

The base said the person carrying an AR-15 style rifle with no orange tip is described as a male wearing a purple sweatshirt and black shorts.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 06:19:10 PM »
There was a college lock down earlier today that wound up being no shooter.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 07:01:09 PM »
A lot of recent gate crashing that doesn’t always make national news has proven that Air Force cops don’t mess around. The one time my navy base had an active shooter it was the most common of motive; love triangle murder-suicide.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 07:04:20 PM »
Story has been updated
Lockdown lifted.

Joint Base Andrews said in a Facebook post that no suspect as described in the report was found after a full sweep of the base. Security forces will continue to go door-to-door at base housing, the base said, and there will be an increased security presence out of an abundance of caution.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 07:06:41 PM »
So like "white rage," it was a false alarm.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife