Author Topic: The "benefits" of liberal prosecutors come to my county...  (Read 340 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
The "benefits" of liberal prosecutors come to my county...
« on: April 27, 2023, 08:53:31 AM »
Charges and convictions are down while crime is up.

The liberal approach to enforcing the law...

And when called on it, he blames COVID, then backtracks just like the liberal liar he is.

No numbers associated with the report, unfortunately.

https://wjla.com/amp/news/local/felony-convictions-are-down-under-fairfax-county-commonwealths-attorney-steve-descano-ray-morrogh-while-crime-is-up-circuit-court-sean-kennedy-virginians-for-safe-communities-covid-19-pandemic-simple-marijuana-possession-larceny-drug-possession
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The "benefits" of liberal prosecutors come to my county...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 10:08:14 AM »
Teens face only misdemeanor charges — of criminal trespassing — after crashing stolen car, killing infant in Chicago
https://nypost.com/2023/04/23/teens-charged-with-misdemeanors-after-crashing-stolen-car-killing-infant-in-chicago/

The boys, ages 17 and 14, were each charged with just one misdemeanor count of criminal trespassing in the deadly April 16 crash in the city’s West Garfield Park neighborhood, according to Chicago police.

The teens were driving a stolen Hyundai when they slammed into a Ford pickup truck at the intersection of West Washington Boulevard and North Kostner Avenue shortly after 5 p.m., according to cops.

The 6-month-old boy, Cristian Uvidia, died in the hospital following the crash.

Hope your area doesn't get this bad, but if they are not punishing anyone, it will.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 10:10:24 AM »
New data from the Fairfax County Circuit Court shows that under Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney Steve Descano, fewer felony cases were sent to trial, more felony charges have been dismissed and dropped, and there have been fewer guilty verdicts on felony charges compared to his predecessor’s final three years in office even though several categories of major crimes are up in Fairfax County.
On the OP, is he plea bargaining all the felonies down to misdemeanors or not getting convictions/charges at all?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 10:21:06 AM »
On the OP, is he plea bargaining all the felonies down to misdemeanors or not getting convictions/charges at all?

To be honest, I don't know. But I suspect that he's following the hard-left rota in that any felony short of a white conservative Republican storming the Capital is a crime against wokeness and must be either pled down to nothing or completely dismissed.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 11:48:11 AM »

Can’t even log into my *expletive deleted*ing work computer without this criminal loving *expletive deleted*it in my face.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!