Author Topic: I Guess I'll be Sick by Tomorrow  (Read 478 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I Guess I'll be Sick by Tomorrow
« on: April 07, 2023, 01:03:34 PM »
Holy hell. I made the last minute decision to do beef stew for Easter instead of a ham, so I just got back from a last minute trip to my podunk store for a few things, figuring today would be less last minute than tomorrow. I guess everyone else in town thought the same thing. For a little store that hardly ever has more than a few people in it at once, there was a traffic jam in the parking lot and the store was packed.

Not just packed, but packed with sick people. I swear to God, every other person in there just now was coughing or sneezing, and the guy in front of me at the register only had two items: extra strength Nyquil and Venom.

I just changed my clothes, washed my hands, gargled with salt water, and downed a Emergn-C and Airborne cocktail, and plan on repeating the last two a couple of more times today. Plus maybe a shot of whiskey or two.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
Re: I Guess I'll be Sick by Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 01:15:54 PM »
Definitely whiskey.
My old man was NEVER sick.
7-11 was a part time job.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 01:24:59 PM »
And now you're visiting US? I better update my anti virus!

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 01:38:01 PM »
Beef stew, or...

BEEF BOOGALOO?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 01:41:30 PM »
Beef stew, or...

BEEF BOOGALOO?

I was thinking boogaloo, but that would require trip to the city for the ingredients. I'll probably do a halfass boogaloo with what I've got around the house.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 01:54:07 PM »
I'll probably do a halfass boogaloo with what I've got around the house.  =)
You don't go to war with the boogaloo you want, you go to war with the boogaloo you have.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 02:10:02 PM »
I was thinking boogaloo, but that would require trip to the city for the ingredients. I'll probably do a halfass boogaloo with what I've got around the house.  =)

So....

BEEF SORTALOO!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 02:46:46 PM »
I was thinking a nice Beef Waltz, or maybe a Beef Samba.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023, 03:56:05 PM »
How about a beefy trans.  Seems to be a good deal of 'em available. :old:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2023, 01:50:22 AM »
I was thinking a nice Beef Waltz, or maybe a Beef Samba.

Brad

You're all a bunch of beef ballerinas.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2023, 06:20:38 AM »
How about a beefy trans.  Seems to be a good deal of 'em available. :old:

But isn't Ben allergic to nuts? Lots of nuts in beefy trans...

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2023, 07:32:55 AM »
But isn't Ben allergic to nuts? Lots of nuts in beefy trans...

You mean nuts as in peanuts and almonds of course, not nuts as in crazies.

I'm allergic to the latter kind, too.

Without the flair of overly colorful description for the sake of a post, I had a similar experience in the supermarket Thursday.  Checkout person sneezed into his crooked elbow (as is proper) and went back to handing my groceries again.  I asked him to sanitize his hands (they have hand sanitizers at every checkout stand) on the theory that elbow-sneezing was only a half assed method of minimizing germ artillery.  He did so, but I handled my grocery bags gingerly until I got a chance to use the hand sanitizer I keep on the floor of the passenger seat and used a little around my nose and lips to boot.

Seems like folks in general are getting a little casual  again about bug transference, so I'm going back to wearing a mask for a while.  My choice, so if you think mask-wearing is some kind of attempted government  conditioning  of the population or whatever,  fine. 

Terry, 230RN 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 07:50:16 AM by 230RN »

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2023, 08:17:42 AM »
Good thing none of you were wearing masks, or you’d be oppressed as well as sick!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 09:51:34 AM »
Good thing none of you were wearing masks, or you’d be oppressed as well as sick!
When he is right, he’s right.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2023, 07:12:25 AM »
Well? You sick?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2023, 08:15:43 AM »
Well? You sick?

Nope. Once again, my covid natural immunity superpowers have kept me from getting ill with anything. Almost like getting bit by a radioactive spider.  :laugh: