Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Baked a ham for Easter...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Pb:

--- Quote from: K Frame on April 17, 2023, 07:17:37 AM ---You're Jewish AND you can't eat ham. What would you know about it? :rofl:

--- End quote ---

That's actually the original purpose of the Easter ham... to prove to the world you aren't a crypto Jew or Muslim.

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: Pb on April 17, 2023, 09:33:38 AM ---That's actually the original purpose of the Easter ham... to prove to the world you aren't a crypto Jew or Muslim.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a reference for that?  Because I've wondered for a while if it might be a stick-it-to-the-Jews thing.

castle key:
Mike indicates my Jewish heritage. Indeed true! Since it's a maternal lineage, I don't qualify; culturally I'm pretty Jewish.

I really like ham.

Sadly I can't eat it since some awful Lone Star ticks decided to mess with my body and give me an Alpha Gal allergy to mammalian meats.   

I really hate ticks a lot.

Pb:

--- Quote from: zxcvbob on April 17, 2023, 09:47:36 AM ---Do you have a reference for that?  Because I've wondered for a while if it might be a stick-it-to-the-Jews thing.

--- End quote ---

I can't remember where I read it.  There is some dispute about this, some people say it is just a pagan holdover, or because pork is in season.

I do know that the worry about cryptojews and muslims was huge in spain... and that is who the Spanish Inquisition really targeted... because they were believed to be loyal to the previous muslim overlords.

K Frame:
"culturally I'm pretty Jewish."

And the nose...

:rofl:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version