Author Topic: Put your money where your mouth is  (Read 424 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Put your money where your mouth is
« on: April 21, 2023, 11:35:59 AM »
    WATCH: Yesterday we crashed the @PatrioticMils press conference, where left-wing millionaires asked Congress to pass a 90% tax on "super rich" people.

So I asked them to step up and sign a pledge to voluntarily pay 90%.

Watch the entire video here:https://t.co/UkGA4EDHKN pic.twitter.com/dnuZKlShqf

— Stephen Moore (@StephenMoore) April 19, 2023

Can you guess how that went?

Try not to laugh as ‘patriotic’ rich who want the wealthy taxed at 90% are asked to sign a pledge
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/04/21/try-not-to-laugh-as-patriotic-rich-who-want-the-wealthy-taxed-at-90-are-asked-to-sign-a-pledge/

Straight link to the video

Steve Moore Exposes Hypocrisy at Patriotic Millionaires Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbcqHAMCiX4
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Put your money where your mouth is
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
Got a chuckle out of the security guy, or whoever it was that moved in to distance him from the podium, had a big *expletive deleted*it-eating grin on his face. He was getting a kick out of the odious jackasses getting pushed into a corner with their own words.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 10:07:21 PM »
I doubt most of their income each year is taxed as income.  Paying more voluntarily would bypass that exception. 

Besides, a 90% income tax would likely hit middle class trying to become rich more than them.  Gotta stamp out that class mobility. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 07:43:28 AM »
Every time I have a conversation with someone who wants taxes raised on other people I ask this question: "How much of the fruits of SOMEONE ELSE'S labor do you think you're entitled to?"

I've never gotten a straight answer - evasions and talking points, sometimes name calling - but never an actual answer.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain