Author Topic: Alabama birthday party shooting  (Read 756 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Alabama birthday party shooting
« on: April 16, 2023, 08:28:55 AM »
Apparently someone open fire at a birthday party in  Dadeville, Alabama
One report says 5 dead.
Info still coming in

Alabama birthday party ends in mass shooting leaving multiple children dead
https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-birthday-party-ends-mass-shooting-leaving-multiple-children-dead

'Up to five dead' and more than 20 people injured in a shooting at a Sweet 16 party in small Alabama town of 3,000 people - sparking huge police search for suspects
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11978385/Police-confirm-fatalities-20-people-injured-shooting-Sweet-16-party.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Alabama birthday party shooting
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 08:33:05 AM »
I don't want to be insensitive, and more info needs to come in, but a first thought is regarding what part of town this was in. It sounds like it might be a gang thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 08:38:38 AM »
Dadeville, Alabama
Pop 3,084

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dadeville,_Alabama

Kind of sort of in the middle of nowhere with just a few similarly sized towns nearby. Far off the interstates.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 09:00:59 AM »
Dance studio
Otherwise no other real info.

Investigators spent the night working the crime scene in the old Bank of Dadeville, a brick building at 220 N. Broadnax St. that was converted two years ago into Mahogany Masterpiece dance studio.

Teenagers gathered at the studio Saturday night to celebrate a birthday. Gunfire erupted just after 10:30 p.m.
https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/crime/2023/04/16/gunman-opens-fire-at-teens-birthday-party-in-dadeville/70119091007/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 09:04:24 AM »
I don't want to be insensitive, and more info needs to come in, but a first thought is regarding what part of town this was in. It sounds like it might be a gang thing.

That's nothing compared to what went through my mind involving a recent pattern. I'll keep it to myself until more info comes out
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2023, 09:57:30 AM »
Still no solid info on dead and injured but couldn't help but notice someone was quick to update the Wiki page on Dadeville
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2023, 09:59:06 AM »
It's (tinfoil caveat) interesting that this another one of these stories where info is VERY slow in coming out. It immediately makes you wonder about demographics.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2023, 11:22:17 AM »
Now they're saying at least 4 killed and more than 20 shot and injured.
Says shots fired after a fight broke out.
No word on suspects.

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 12:16:22 PM »
It's (tinfoil caveat) interesting that this another one of these stories where info is VERY slow in coming out. It immediately makes you wonder about demographics.

Maybe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11978385/Police-confirm-fatalities-20-people-injured-shooting-Sweet-16-party.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2023, 03:52:43 PM »
Dadeville, Alabama
Pop 3,084

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dadeville,_Alabama

Kind of sort of in the middle of nowhere with just a few similarly sized towns nearby. Far off the interstates.

Dadeville

The median household income was $25,266 and the median family income was $31,512.

Wow.  That's quite a bit lower than where I live.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2023, 10:03:52 AM »
Alabama cops say 'suspect' in mass shooting which left four dead and 28 injured 'is no longer a threat to the community' - as DJ at party claims shots were fired when 'people with guns were asked to leave
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11981215/Alabama-cops-say-suspect-mass-shooting-no-longer-threat-community.html

'is no longer a threat to the community'
But they haven't said if they've arrested anyone
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2023, 11:53:02 AM »
Alabama cops say 'suspect' in mass shooting which left four dead and 28 injured 'is no longer a threat to the community' - as DJ at party claims shots were fired when 'people with guns were asked to leave
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11981215/Alabama-cops-say-suspect-mass-shooting-no-longer-threat-community.html

'is no longer a threat to the community'
But they haven't said if they've arrested anyone

From the article I read this morning they still don't know who the shooter(s) is.

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2023, 12:16:31 PM »
Is 'no longer a threat to the community' code for the shooter is dead? Did he shoot himself?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2023, 03:07:31 PM »
Is 'no longer a threat to the community' code for the shooter is dead? Did he shoot himself?

The deactivation code was successful.  Mission complete.  Return to your normal life.   [tinfoil]

:rofl:
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2023, 11:25:40 AM »
Two arrested

Oh and "was no evidence a high-powered rifle was used"

Alabama police arrest 2 for birthday party shooting
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/alabama-police-arrest-2-for-birthday-party-shooting/article_972a90fc-650d-5ffe-9c2e-9b24f73fcd2d.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2023, 11:41:54 AM »
Considering the probable demographics and no super high powered people vaporizing AR-15 to blame this story is getting deep sixed
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2023, 03:59:14 PM »
Two arrested

Oh and "was no evidence a high-powered rifle was used"

Alabama police arrest 2 for birthday party shooting
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/alabama-police-arrest-2-for-birthday-party-shooting/article_972a90fc-650d-5ffe-9c2e-9b24f73fcd2d.html

Of course there was no evidence. As we now know, the AR-15 vaporizes the bodies, in order to leave no trace behind. That's how the NRA designed it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2023, 08:30:45 PM »
Third person arrested

Alabama police arrest third suspect in connection to Dadeville Sweet 16 shooting
https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-police-arrest-third-suspect-connection-dadeville-sweet-shooting
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2023, 12:15:52 PM »
Here is a "story" that I heard about what happened, I can't vouch for its reliability.  It is different than I was expecting.

Someone at the party had recently stolen a large amount of money from drug dealers.  A group of the drug dealers went to the party looking for the thief.  The thief went out to the parking lot to talk to the drug dealers, which went about like you would expect.  The thief ran back into the party, and was followed by the drug dealers…. slaughter ensued.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2023, 12:20:05 PM »
6 arrested now

6 people face murder charges for the Sweet 16 party massacre that left 4 dead and 32 injured
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/19/us/dadeville-alabama-birthday-party-shooting-wednesday/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2023, 12:57:13 PM »
Here is a "story" that I heard about what happened, I can't vouch for its reliability.  It is different than I was expecting.

Someone at the party had recently stolen a large amount of money from drug dealers.  A group of the drug dealers went to the party looking for the thief.  The thief went out to the parking lot to talk to the drug dealers, which went about like you would expect.  The thief ran back into the party, and was followed by the drug dealers…. slaughter ensued.

The problem with that story is, it doesn't give us any reason to take your guns away.

Also, needs some white supremacy.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023, 04:50:24 PM »
The problem with that story is, it doesn't give us any reason to take your guns away.

Obviously we're the ones selling the guns to the dealers.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!