Author Topic: San Jacinto County, Texas shooting  (Read 962 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
San Jacinto County, Texas shooting
« on: April 29, 2023, 11:22:26 AM »
Neighbor asks a man to stop shooting his gun late at night. Man then proceeds to go to the neighbor's house and reportedly "executes" 5 people inside.

According to the sheriff, the suspect was a neighbor who had been firing an AR-15-style .223 caliber rifle in his yard before midnight. Police found shell casings in the yard.

"One of the victims came out of the house and said, hey, we have a small baby that's trying to sleep," Casper told KTRK. "And the man said, I'll shoot out in my front yard, I do what I want to in my own residence."

What happened next is shocking. Police say the man walked up to the front door of his neighbor's house and began firing. One victim was found by the doorway leading into the living room. Another victim was found dead in the living room. Two more women were found shot dead upstairs, their bodies shielding young children who survived and were taken to a hospital.

Caspers said each victim had been shot in the head.

Victims are described as from Honduras.
One can only imagine what those children are going through right now.
Suspect has been IDed as a Mexican national and has been reportedly located. Hope he gets the fate he deserves.

Texas shooting leaves 5 dead, including 8-year-old; manhunt for suspect closing in
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-shooting-leaves-dead-including-8-year-old-manhunt-underway
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: San Jacinto County, Texas shooting
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 11:48:23 AM »
And the media and the Biden administration will assign all blame on the gun, the NRA, and Trump.

I wonder if the shooter was a legal resident, or an "undocumented immigrant" (you know, the ones who make our country so much stronger and better by their [illegal] presence among us).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 04:37:32 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 05:27:18 PM »
Still on the run
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 06:16:23 PM »
Still on the run

What is he, 6-7 hours from Mexico? I wonder if that is the direction he is heading, most likely.

bob

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 07:26:07 PM »
What is he, 6-7 hours from Mexico? I wonder if that is the direction he is heading, most likely.

bob

Supposedly hiding out in a wooded area a mile and a half or so away from where he killed that family.  A perimeter has been set up, dogs, drones, helicopters with IR cameras, and around 75 folks on the ground looking for him.  I'm guessing he isn't long for this world.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023, 07:28:26 PM »
Supposedly hiding out in a wooded area a mile and a half or so away from where he killed that family.  A perimeter has been set up, dogs, drones, helicopters with IR cameras, and around 75 folks on the ground looking for him.  I'm guessing he isn't long for this world.

If they are sure they have him contained. They have been at it for a while. I would just let the dogs loose and tell them to go find dinner.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2023, 08:23:26 PM »
Maybe a gator has a full stomach
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2023, 10:23:09 PM »
If they are sure they have him contained. They have been at it for a while. I would just let the dogs loose and tell them to go find dinner.

bob

As Donut Operator says, “Bork, Bork, nom, nom.”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2023, 12:56:41 AM »
And the media and the Biden administration will assign all blame on the gun, the NRA, and Trump.

I wonder if the shooter was a legal resident, or an "undocumented immigrant" (you know, the ones who make our country so much stronger and better by their [illegal] presence among us).

He was a nice, polite young fellow, until the NRA got ahold of him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2023, 01:10:03 AM »
If he sobered up and felt guilt, he may have killed himself.  It would save the effort of prosecuting him. 

If a neighbor started shooting in their yard, I would hesitate a bit before confronting them.  I don't think I would have expected that response. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023, 07:56:53 AM »
The handlers I know have refused to send their dogs after an armed person hiding in fields and woods. Just because they are a dog doesn’t mean they are to be wasted.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2023, 08:03:33 AM »

Why I put such events in the politics section as they're nearly always politicized.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 08:17:02 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2023, 08:09:42 AM »
Well he's not armed with the "AR-15" as they say they've recovered it. Not sure how they can say they "recovered" it as they never had it in the first place. Right up there with "buy backs".

Anyhow

The dogs lost the scent and he's still on the loose.

The rest of the article is AP's usual scheduled anti gun program and how Rs refuse to do anything about it..

Texas mass shooting suspect could be anywhere, sheriff says
https://apnews.com/article/mass-shooting-san-jacinto-county-texas-395d6d7501f6a3f53aeccbb00ec5fbaf
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2023, 09:00:30 AM »
Why I put such events in the politics section as they're nearly always politicized.

Case in point

Loose gun laws enacted by #Republican legislators have put guns into the wrong hands, increasing crime and taking the lives of innocent people.

TIME AND TIME AGAIN THESE TRAGEDIES HAVE PROVEN THAT WE ARE LESS SAFE.

Every other state is doing something to curb #GunViolence.… pic.twitter.com/3hI06nxY0g

— Senator Roland Gutierrez (@RolandForTexas) April 29, 2023

The murderer is an illegal alien from Mexico who was deported at least twice, according to Univision 45 Houston. When you’re a senator, who supports open border policies that likely led to this tragedy, maybe shut the hell up. https://t.co/CTZKGzd73D

— Matt Rinaldi (@MattRinaldiTX) April 29, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/04/30/open-border-supporting-texas-democrat-whooped-in-heated-back-and-forth-over-mexican-national-shooter/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2023, 11:56:52 AM »
Well he's not armed with the "AR-15" as they say they've recovered it. Not sure how they can say they "recovered" it as they never had it in the first place. Right up there with "buy backs".

I think within the context of "recovering evidence," it's a perfectly cromulant word to use.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2023, 01:17:31 PM »

Anyhow

The dogs lost the scent and he's still on the loose.

The rest of the article is AP's usual scheduled anti gun program and how Rs refuse to do anything about it..

Texas mass shooting suspect could be anywhere, sheriff says
https://apnews.com/article/mass-shooting-san-jacinto-county-texas-395d6d7501f6a3f53aeccbb00ec5fbaf

And by "anywhere" he probably means Mexico.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2023, 07:04:18 PM »
So every other state, aside from Texas, has "done something"? Where do they come up with this nonsense?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2023, 09:49:33 PM »
     mostly women in the house and they were very brave.
 Two of the women were found dead having shielded young children and the baby with their own bodies.
 An adult male, I think the one who told him ( asked him ? ) to stop shooting - survived by climbing out a window.
iirc he walked up to the house while shooting - meaning they might have had a slim chance to fight back if they their own guns/training .
 An article I read stated that getting drunk and shooting guns into the ground were a popular neighborhood pastime.
 I had a feeling , right away, the cretin was an illegal alien .
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2023, 07:42:22 AM »
Got em
He was still in the area and they're crediting someone who called a FBI tip line.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-shooting-suspects-location-came-through-fbi-tip-line-courage-call
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2023, 08:47:41 AM »
Probably for aiding and abetting

Texas mass shooting: Authorities announce additional arrests after 4-day manhunt ends with fugitive's capture
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-mass-shooting-authorities-announce-additional-arrests-4-day-manhunt-ends-fugitives-capture
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2023, 08:54:29 AM »
It's people like this for whom the death penalty is tailor made.

Of course, if he is sentenced to death Mexico is going to go ballistic, screaming about how we're "murdering" one of their citizens and we have no right blah blah blah.

STFU, Mexico. You couldn't keep him on your side of the river, so he's ours to punish.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2023, 09:29:48 AM »
Perfect candidate for what I like to call "High Altitude Repatriation" (HARP).

After being properly and duly convicted of the crime the convicted person is loaded on to a C-130 and flown back to his or her respective country of origin. Once at the designated coordinates the convicted person is ejected, sans parachute, from the plane at a minimum altitude of 5000' AGL. If the convicted is found to be a cartel member the target is the main cartel stronghold/villa/hacienda.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2023, 10:49:02 PM »
When i am president people will learn what feet first in a woodchipper mean.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2023, 10:52:35 PM »
The news I've heard said that his wife was also in custody.
He was found at a relative's house (only about 20 mi. away from shooting site), hiding in a closet, and covered with laundry.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”