Author Topic: EDC Gun Belts, part II  (Read 200 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
EDC Gun Belts, part II
« on: April 29, 2023, 04:02:51 PM »
Part I:
https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=67058.0

I'm thinking about ordering a Nexbelt, or similar. I need 1-3/4, brown. If you can recommend a brand, can you tell me how rigid that belt is, and what thickness?

I have this plan to use a holster with an Ulticlip, 3 or 4 o'clock IWB. I want to use the Ulticlip attached to the waistband of my trousers, instead of having a standard tuckable clip showing in front of my belt.

Has anyone tried carrying this way? How did it go, and what kind of belt?

I have been trying it with my 1.5", 2-layer, Armour belt. The belt is sometimes getting down below the clip, or at least trying to. It succeeded once or twice. Makes me wonder if trying to wear a belt over an Ulticlip is just the wrong idea. But I can't run pants without a belt.

Today, I've been wearing a more flexible, single-layer belt, and it's working pretty well, but I'd like to try a 1-3/4" leather belt. Should move around less, at least relative to my trouser waistband. 1-3/4" are very hard to find around here, so I'll have to order.

Thanks...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend
Re: EDC Gun Belts, part II
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 04:17:48 PM »
Or just a low-cost belt that's reasonably good, and comes in 1-3/4".

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 05:17:11 PM »
Milt Sparks make a very nice belt for carrying. I also have some other brand I really like, it has stiffener in it. There are tons of belt makers, just pick one that you like and if it is designed for carrying a gun it should be fine.

I would have to see a Nexbelt up close and personal to see how it looks/feels. One thing you need is a nice stiff belt that won't sag.

I have never tried running a holtser under the belt but then again I do almost exclusively open carry so I usually go with a paddle holster. Let us know how it goes. It seems to me any belt would work if your pants will hold the holster.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 05:55:17 PM »
Regarding Part 1, I'm still happy with the Nexbelt. I don't know if it helps for your question, but besides appendix carry, I use it for OWB carry of my G45 around the farm and find it to be plenty stiff to keep the OWB rig from "sagging", if that's the word. As I mentioned in the other thread, I find the Nexbelt a good bit stiffer than the Wilderness Instructor belts.

I do see them go on sale at Warrior Poet Society every once in a while, and I also see there is a new design with a less obtrusive buckle.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 06:33:44 PM »
I think I'm just going to order a 1-3/4" Bianchi belt from Amazon for $50, and see how that works. Painless return policy.

I'd really settle for any 1-3/4" belt, if I could find one in my area. Went to three places yesterday, and the only ones I saw were some web belts at the 5.11 store. Not my vibe.