Author Topic: Newsmax  (Read 734 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Newsmax
« on: May 02, 2023, 12:59:11 AM »
I work with a fellow, age 70, who knows more about cars than I ever will.

And he likes to have Newsmax playing. Not even getting into how that's going to trigger some of my customers, but...

That ain't news. At all. At best, one could consider it an editorial page, and a poorly written one at that.

Personally, I think that it is essentially propaganda for people who don't think very well.

And it seems like pretty much every advertisement on the thing is targeted at gullible old folks.
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
Re: Newsmax
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 11:21:24 AM »
I agree.

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 12:24:24 PM »
Said it before and I'll say it again:
turn the dang TV off, it's rotting your brain! :old:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 12:31:24 PM »
I'll betcha he has bought a My Pillow.

That medium has probably done more to drive middle of the road folks toward the left than anything else. It's like Southpark made a TV channel...
Blog under construction

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 01:42:41 PM »
The universe demands balance. For every clown we laugh at on the left there is one on the right.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023, 06:57:38 PM »
With Vice News Closing, White House Will Have To Lie To Public Directly
https://babylonbee.com/news/with-vice-news-closing-white-house-will-have-to-lie-to-public-directly
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023, 06:58:08 PM »
The universe demands balance.

Where's all the missing anti-matter?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023, 06:59:14 PM »
Where's all the missing anti-matter?

The Trekies are hoarding it.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2023, 03:11:49 AM »
oh oh, I have been watching newsmax, I must be getting old.
I've been catching it on youtube ( I just got a warning to stop with the yammering, I'm breaking community standards by saying things ) but I don't get commercials because I broke down and bought yt premium to avoid the awful commercials .
If I ever get a tv again it will be pure commercial free streaming.
Newsmax seems like the new foxnews since they they cancelled Tucker
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2023, 10:37:42 AM »
You guys sell side cutters, right?
7-11 was a part time job.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 12:00:34 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2023, 03:00:40 PM »
oh oh, I have been watching newsmax, I must be getting old.
I've been catching it on youtube ( I just got a warning to stop with the yammering, I'm breaking community standards by saying things ) but I don't get commercials because I broke down and bought yt premium to avoid the awful commercials .
If I ever get a tv again it will be pure commercial free streaming.
Newsmax seems like the new foxnews since they they cancelled Tucker

That stuff is worse news than whatever random YT hot chick you get news from. Rot your brain, just MSNBC for right wing nutters. Blow up your TV and enjoy life.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2023, 07:11:19 AM »
The damn thing is pretty much ALL commentary. All editorials. And all propaganda.

Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023, 08:57:44 AM »
The damn thing is pretty much ALL commentary. All editorials. And all propaganda.

So, just like all the rest of the "news" then.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2023, 09:26:52 AM »

And a bunch of sponsored "stories" that are just clickbait BS advertisements.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2023, 12:04:39 PM »
Working from home I usually have the tv on in the background.  Most of the time it’s Fox News but I do go to Newsmax from time to time.  Newsmax is way better than CNN,MSNBC and CBS that’s for sure.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2023, 12:08:59 PM »

That is news nowadays
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 10:30:20 PM »
That stuff is worse news than whatever random YT hot chick you get news from. Rot your brain, just MSNBC for right wing nutters. Blow up your TV and enjoy life.

Well, crap! French knows me all too well  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I get the bulk of my news from hot chicks on youtube ... Ivory Hecker/Kim Iverson/Megyn Kelly/Sydney Watson
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2023, 09:13:35 AM »
That's network news and most newspapers today - just try to watch network anchors "reporting" (and I use the term loosely) anything political without using a term like "Trump's Lies."

They quit even pretending to be fair and unbiased a long time ago.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2023, 09:45:59 AM »
That's network news and most newspapers today - just try to watch network anchors "reporting" (and I use the term loosely) anything political without using a term like "Trump's Lies."

They quit even pretending to be fair and unbiased a long time ago.
The local network news is that way as well.  Even when they are reporting about potholes or some grandma who got cheated by a contractor, there is a slant applied. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »
The local network news is that way as well.  Even when they are reporting about potholes or some grandma who got cheated by a contractor, there is a slant applied.

I don't believe we even have local networks anymore. There may still legitimately be some truly local newspapers around, but local TV news is just an annex of the corporate HQ in NYC or LA. It's really the same with most newspapers too. The website of the "local" paper in Idaho is nearly identical to that of the Miami Herald, since McClatchy Inc runs both of them, and certainly 90% of the content of the Idaho Statesman reflects about 10% of the views of the Idaho population.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2023, 10:27:04 AM »

We just had our gov primaries

Local news site had a huge beaming portrait of Beshear, who won the dem primary on the front page. Had to search for any mention on the winner of the R primary, Cameron
- Calvin and Hobbes