Author Topic: Brazil Gun Registration  (Read 253 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Brazil Gun Registration
« on: May 04, 2023, 07:42:17 AM »
I thought this was an interesting story. I only know what is being reported in the story, but apparently the former President was pro-gun, encouraged gun ownership, and removed caliber and ammo quantity restrictions. The new guy is reversing that and also requiring registration.  Given the ATF pistol brace rules, I can empathize with Brazilian gun owners.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/brazils-new-left-wing-president-starts-gun-control-push-country-wide-gun-registration
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
Re: Brazil Gun Registration
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 10:11:56 AM »
Gun registration in Brazil is not new as its army previously gathered and retained data on gun ownership for sport shooters, collectors and hunters, known as CACs (Portuguese for "Colecionadores, Atiradores desportivos e Caçadores").

The large majority of gun ownership in Brazil is illegal...apparently gun registration was already required.  Perhaps this is an effort to scare people into registering their illegal guns?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Brazil Gun Registration
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2023, 05:17:00 PM »
Gun registration in Brazil is not new as its army previously gathered and retained data on gun ownership for sport shooters, collectors and hunters, known as CACs (Portuguese for "Colecionadores, Atiradores desportivos e Caçadores").

The large majority of gun ownership in Brazil is illegal...apparently gun registration was already required.  Perhaps this is an effort to scare people into registering their illegal guns?

I think you mean "lure people."  ?

That's very much like "New York" thinking.  Always conscious about the other party's possible ulterior motives.  Some people call that "paranoia."  I call it "hardheaded acumen."

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.