Author Topic: Digital currency - how close are we to implementation?  (Read 625 times)

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
Re: Digital currency - how close are we to implementation?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2023, 11:24:30 AM »
Been hearing about the .gov moving to an all digital currency push and am wondering how close it is to 100% implementation. 

Yea I know we do quite a bit of it already but will paper currency really go away?  Let’s discuss and maybe look at ways to protect yourself if full control is out of our hands.

It is as close as the entire collapse of the country as we know it is. When you can't put a hand on your cash because there is no more, or it has no value, you are a complete and total subject of our overlords.

It appears taking our ability to hold on to our own power over our individual purses will be easier than taking candy from a baby.

That said, I don't believe that will cement their total control over us while we still have our arms. As for our arms, our overlord wannabes will have to come and take them. Money is different. It can be rendered useless as easily as flipping a switch.

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Digital currency - how close are we to implementation?
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2023, 10:17:40 PM »
I've seen that, as well, but I've also seen signs that specifically state 3% surcharge for credit.

That's what's sketchy according to company rules.
That policy changed (for Visa and Mastercard anyway) in 2013 in response to a class action lawsuit brought by a group of merchants.