Author Topic: NYC is spreading the love around in regards to housing migrants  (Read 483 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-county-prepared-court-nyc-busses-migrants-community-ambushed

So evidently NYC Mayor Eric Adams has come up with a plan in regards to housing migrants that are bussed up from the southern border.  He is going to send them to neighboring communities, who are none too pleased with this decision.
Quote from: From Linked Article
Officials in Orangetown conducted an inspection Sunday of a local hotel and found a stockpile of shirts, COVID-19 testing and medicine. "Hundreds" of beds also showed up later, Kenny said.  "Our town code says a hotel to be used for transient purposes for up to 30 days. They're making this a city shelter in one of our hotels," she continued.  "We have served them with a violation. We are prepared to go to court. I'm sorry, Mr. Mayor, you do not get to trump our local codes. This is a hotel. It's not a city shelter."  Kenny said she has other officials on the case after making complaints, including state and federal representatives.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

HankB

• friend
Re: NYC is spreading the love around in regards to housing migrants
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 11:44:18 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-county-prepared-court-nyc-busses-migrants-community-ambushed

So evidently NYC Mayor Eric Adams has come up with a plan in regards to housing migrants that are bussed up from the southern border.  He is going to send them to neighboring communities, who are none too pleased with this decision.
Reminds me when hordes of North African and Middle Eastern aliens were descending on Europe a few years ago. One small town in Germany was assigned to take a LOT of these folks . . . and they just didn't cooperate. When the first trainload came in late one night, they arrived to an empty station - no welcome wagon, no food, no water, nobody to greet them at all, much less take them to accommodations, of which there were none. Much hilarity ensued - the central German government sent in the army to set up field kitchens, tents, and latrines in some open field. Locals who provided nothing - continued to provide nothing. And that was about the last I heard about it.

Maybe our folks can learn something from this.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 11:03:00 AM »
It is truly unthinkable that these people be deported, isn't it?   ;/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 11:29:09 AM »
It is truly unthinkable that these people be deported, isn't it?   ;/

I *think* that the ones being bussed around have presented themselves to INS/Border Patrol and are now awaiting disposition of their refugee claim.  So current law says they get to stay until that claim is adjudicated.  If it's denied, they can be deported.

At least that's what I read the last time this dance was happening.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 11:32:56 AM »
I *think* that the ones being bussed around have presented themselves to INS/Border Patrol and are now awaiting disposition of their refugee claim.  So current law says they get to stay until that claim is adjudicated.  If it's denied, they can be deported.

At least that's what I read the last time this dance was happening.

IF it's denied
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 11:49:15 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 11:48:50 AM »
IF it ever gets adjudicated.
Current backlog is close to 2 million cases and growing daily.  Makes about a 5 year waiting time.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 05:45:00 PM »
IF it ever gets adjudicated.
Current backlog is close to 2 million cases and growing daily.  Makes about a 5 year waiting time.
Gee, once they've been waiting THAT long, shouldn't we just go ahead and make them citizens? That way they could vote for democrats!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2023, 06:35:52 PM »
Gee, once they've been waiting THAT long, shouldn't we just go ahead and make them citizens? That way they could vote for democrats!

Being on this side of the border, I would imagine they're already voting for Democrats.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2023, 07:21:21 PM »
Gee, once they've been waiting THAT long, shouldn't we just go ahead and make them citizens? That way they could continue to vote for democrats!

FIFY
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes