Author Topic: The city of brotherly love  (Read 418 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
The city of brotherly love
« on: May 09, 2023, 04:03:05 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/campaign-trail-deadly-progressive-staffer-fatally-shoots-canvasser

A 46-year-old man was fatally shot by a fellow campaign staffer while handing out flyers for a progressive political group in Philadelphia ahead of the city's upcoming mayoral race.

The death on the campaign trail occurred late Monday afternoon in East Germantown in the 2000 block of Church Lane when two staffers reportedly ran into one another on the street around 4 p.m.

Both staffers, who remain unidentified by police, were carrying guns when they crossed paths. According to police, the two got into an argument on the street that quickly turned deadly when the 22-year-old drew his gun and shot the 46-year-old canvasser.

The unnamed 46-year-old victim was not pronounced dead until 4:24 p.m., when he reached Albert Einstein Medical Center to be treated for a gunshot wound in the left armpit, according to police.

Hmm ... I thought "progressives" hate guns.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: The city of brotherly love
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 04:08:53 PM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 05:13:44 PM »
It didn't say they had carry permits.  They don't have constitutional carry there.

Something tells me these were street level guys getting paid by the house and one of them was getting into the other's territory.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2023, 05:15:29 PM »
When aholes collide
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2023, 05:54:05 PM »
It didn't say they had carry permits.  They don't have constitutional carry there.

Something tells me these were street level guys getting paid by the house and one of them was getting into the other's territory.
I found myself applying some . . . stereotypes . . . and concluding that the liberal group paying them wasn't exactly seeking out pillars of the community during  their hiring process.

Edited to add another thought: I wonder if these are the kind of individuals that will be hired to do vote harvesting in the next election.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 08:47:40 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 11:53:14 PM »
I found myself applying some . . . stereotypes . . . and concluding that the liberal group paying them wasn't exactly seeking out pillars of the community during  their hiring process.

Edited to add another thought: I wonder if these are the kind of individuals that will be hired to do vote harvesting in the next election.

One of them won't...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2023, 08:26:48 AM »
^^^^^
But I'd bet he still votes.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams