Author Topic: Price increases and sales taxes  (Read 183 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Price increases and sales taxes
« on: May 09, 2023, 07:28:27 PM »
I usually clip the ingredients and nutritional information off food packages for future reference, but now I'm starting to go over the receipts and writing the new prices down on the clippings. 

I'm sure you've been amazed at the increases in costs, but what really bugs me is that the various tax collecting governments are now experienceing a corresponding increase in income.

Seven percent sales tax on a $10 purchase last year is 70 cents, but on the same item for $15 this year, it's $1.05.

That irks me no end.  Not much I can do about it, but it sure is irksome.

Irk, irk, irk, Terry. Tough noogies.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
Re: Price increases and sales taxes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 08:37:28 PM »
I find that everyone you order stuff from is now collecting sales tax, even if they're from other states.

"That irks ME no end.  Not much I can do about it, but it sure is irksome.

Irk, irk, irk, Terry. Hank. Tough noogies."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain