Author Topic: The Last Starfighter 4K  (Read 291 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
The Last Starfighter 4K
« on: May 11, 2023, 10:48:36 AM »
The Last Starfighter finally is finally getting a proper 4K treatment.

If what I'm seeing is correct, this version is a completely new treatment - 4K restoration from new scans of the original camera negative, 5.1 DTS-HD audio mixed from the 70mm 4.1 release (included as a audio option), and picture optimized for Dolby Vision and HDR10. On shelves May 30.

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Starfighter-Collectors-4K-Ultra/dp/B0BWSGTZNX/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2QB5UPLTE5F06&keywords=last+starfighter+4k&qid=1683815466&sprefix=%2Caps%2C93&sr=8-1

Pre-release reviews are starting to trickle out. Looks good.

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/last-starfighter-arrow-2023-uhd

For the non Movie Geeks among us, director Nick Castle was also the original Micheal Myers (credited as "The Shape") and co-wrote Escape from New York.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The Last Starfighter 4K
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 12:08:46 PM »
Amazon says I already bought it.  I don't think I have watched the 4K version.  I need to put my hands on the disc and change that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 01:06:29 PM »
I don't think I have watched the 4K version.

You haven't. It won't release until May 30. Have to be careful... the Amazon page is the kind that has all the available formats. You have to change it to show the 4K UHD version. Only option at this point is pre-order. There's also a glitch in the page that won't display the 4K UHD option if you click to any other formats. It also won't display if you go to Amazon and search for it in the search field. I had to Google it, then follow Google's product-specific link to get the correct order box.

Brad
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 02:08:28 PM by Brad Johnson »
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 01:18:04 PM »
I have not seen that movie in maybe 20 years.  Rain in the forecast for the weekend.  Thanks for the idea.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 02:34:39 PM »
You haven't. It won't release until May 30. Have to be careful... the Amazon page is the kind that has all the available formats. You have to change it to show the 4K UHD version. Only option at this point is pre-order. There's also a glitch in the page that won't display the 4K UHD option if you click to any other formats. It also won't display if you go to Amazon and search for it in the search field. I had to Google it, then follow Google's product-specific link to get the correct order box.

Brad
I didn't notice the May 30th.  Good.  I can still get a 4K version in a few weeks.  I don't really like that pre-order page as it still says Blue Ray.  Maybe it will show better after the 30th.  The copy I have is Blue Ray. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 02:44:52 PM »
Many years ago, I bought a Sharp Acquos (sp?) HDTV and a matching Blu-Ray player.  The store also had a rebate where I could get some Blu-Ray DVDs to go with it.  One of the ones I got was Last Starfighter.  [popcorn]  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 03:31:53 PM »
I didn't notice the May 30th.  Good.  I can still get a 4K version in a few weeks.  I don't really like that pre-order page as it still says Blue Ray.  Maybe it will show better after the 30th. 

If you follow the link, does the orange order button say "Pre Order Now"? If so, you're golden. I did it and my Order Status reflects the proper item.

Oh... my Order Status may show 4K re-issues of Time Bandits and Adventures of Baron Munchhausen, too  =D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BYLLNMCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJJ5P1YJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Brad
-HankB